White Armed Dragon

Souljbear

To powerful. Hint: no HOPT on the Banish effect

Ignoring any combos this card is really good. Easy to summon, decent body, and armed with superior removal method. To bad as mention before the removal is not backed by hopt restriction so it become too good (in a bad way) not to mention the cost to activate it is kinda easy in most LIGHT decks some of them practically chain it to other combo OR at very least has ways to retrieve it back to GY to fuel any copy of this card again

Well, it's a LIGHT version of Dark Armed Dragon, nothing too creative. And it banishes instead of destroying just for the sake of it, apparently, since it's not like LIGHTs are worse than DARKs. You could at the very least make it a Lightray, and maybe require 3 banished LIGHTs monsters instead to spice things up.

Like Darj already mentioned, this being a LIGHT banish equivalent of Dark Armed isn't exactly doing this card any favors. However, just so you don't get chewed out for doing this, yeah, it only hits monsters.

Functionally, is this a better DAD? It only hits monsters, yes, but nowadays backrow tends to be marginal / not as prevalent as before so only monsters isn't functionally worse. It banishes too, so avoids the GY triggers and whatnot. Granted, you could just make a Lightray like Darj suggested (though you can probably leave the effect as-is, barring making it an OPT). I would've said "go make this a Metaphys", but Armed Dragon already got one as a vanilla.

====

It's your choice on how to go through with any changes.

Like Darj already mentioned, this being a LIGHT banish equivalent of Dark Armed isn't exactly doing this card any favors. However, just so you don't get chewed out for doing this, yeah, it only hits monsters.

Functionally, is this a better DAD? It only hits monsters, yes, but nowadays backrow tends to be marginal / not as prevalent as before so only monsters isn't functionally worse. It banishes too, so avoids the GY triggers and whatnot. Granted, you could just make a Lightray like Darj suggested (though you can probably leave the effect as-is, barring making it an OPT). I would've said "go make this a Metaphys", but Armed Dragon already got one as a vanilla.

====

It's your choice on how to go through with any changes.

now that you guys mention it i must admit im being excessive in my earlier remarks. This card is fine as it is

now that you guys mention it i must admit im being excessive in my earlier remarks. This card is fine as it is

It's alright; you have your design tastes and other members have theirs. I can probably understand why you though it was OP'd due to the banishing thing (even if it targets and limited).

As the changes are now (least from the printed text below), it should be alright.

This is basically a free lv8 in a BEWD deck. That being said, I do initially like the card. Besides, this still targets so typically, it can't hit anything that negates targeting. Aside from that, I would drop this in XYZ, BEWD, LS, or even a generic LIGHT deck. It being a SS only makes it bad for a first turn draw. But this thing would be amazing mid to late game and possibly a great comeback card.

That goes for most LIGHT decks, except maybe Lightsworns since I expect them to mill LIGHTs too quickly and they ought to go past 3 as soon as in Turn 1.

Also note that this is Level7, nor 8, so it won't get as much Blue-Eyes support. Not to mention it has a nomi clause, so no bringing it back with Return of Dragon Lords, etc.

That goes for most LIGHT decks, except maybe Lightsworns since I expect them to mill LIGHTs too quickly and they ought to go past 3 as soon as in Turn 1.

Also note that this is Level7, nor 8, so it won't get as much Blue-Eyes support. Not to mention it has a nomi clause, so no bringing it back with Return of Dragon Lords, etc.

My mistake on the level. But even though it won't get much BEWD support, it can still get a lot of the generic dragon and LIGHT support that you would typically stack.

I tried playing a BEWD deck and got crushed by the ai. But when I use a generic LIGHT deck and put in some dragon support cards with BEWD, it actually holds up against most meta decks.

Archived