Solomon's Tomb [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Solomon's Tomb
Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: declare 1 monster name. During your Standby Phase, if you do not control a monster with the declared name: you can Special Summon 1 monster with the declared name from either player's Graveyard to your side of the field.

Because why not have a card that is essentially infinite Monster Reborns?  Almost definitely useless in today's meta just based on how this is a exceptionally slow trap, but I think the overall potential of this card warrants a look-through.  Thoughts?

My first thought was that combo with the monster that prevents drawing outside the draw phase and Reincarnation, but that is hard to pull off anyway so isn't worth much time.

Still, I do really like this card. It doesn't kill the monster Summoned when it dies, so it forces your opponent to have 2 removals to deal with the threat and any monster you Summoned, and the repeated bringing to life means it is actually really useful when it comes to disruption. Might be a bit strong though, dunno why it might be bad.

I really need to learn to read; it says "your Standby Phase" instead of what I thought was "the Standby Phase". Yeah, now all the discussion on how it's bad makes sense. I don't think my "suggestion" (read "misreading") would work, though, as it could cause all sort of annoying lock combos, but hey, this is Yu-Gi-Oh. Anything to slow it down works, amirite?

Archived