Flip Support [written]

Bruteboii

Rattle Noodle

Level 2
EARTH/Reptile/Flip/Effect
0 ATK / 1000 DEF

FLIP: Return 1 Flip Monster from your GY to your hand. You can discard this card (Quick Effect): All Flip Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of the turn. You can only activate each effect of "Rattle Noodle" once per turn.

Preparation of Feasts
Normal Spell
Special Summon 1 Flip Monster from your Deck to your field face down. For the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot activate monster effects, except Flip Monster effects. During the Main Phase (except the turn this card was sent to the GY): You can banish this card from your GY; Immediately after this effect resolves, Flip Summon 1 monster on the field. You can only activate 1 "Preparation of Feasts" per turn.

Preparation of Rest
Continuous Trap
During the End Phase, if a Flip Monster battled this turn: You can Set as many face-up monsters on the field as possible, also you cannot activate monster effects, except Flip Monster effects, until the end of the next turn. If this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 Flip Monster from your GY; Set this card on your field, and it can be activated this turn, but banish it when it is destroyed.

Flip is such an undersupported sub-type, as well as Gemini, so here's an attempt at some redemption.

Rattle Noodle is alright; easy search by Feral Imps if anyone even bothers playing it anymore, and while its FLIP effect is rather underwhelming and slow, at least it provides that protection from the hand if you want it. A handtrap is always nice.

Feasts, on the other hand, is very far on the other end of the spectrum. While it has that neat restrictive clause on effects, it is still a free Special Summon from the Deck, and there are certainly powerful targets. Subterrors really don't care, along with Krawlers as a nice turn ender. Even Shaddolls wouldn't suffer with it after they've made all of their plays, although the main card I thought that came to mind was Pot of Taboo. That, combined with the immediately flip, makes it become each of those banned cards Taboo replicates. Still, said immediate flip for the second effect is actually mechanically impossible; spells cannot have Speed Spell 2 effects, even in the GY, and even Quick-Play spell, so you might just have to leave it as a normal once per turn effect.

Rest is a pretty solid card, all around. Pretty unusual to have a banish only when destroyed effect, as oppose to the standard leave the field, but whatever. In contrast with your Spell, the effect to return it to the field is a quick effect, as Trap effects are Speed Spell 2 by default. The massive Book of Eclipse, while strong, is less of a generic issue as the aforementioned card, as specifically needing battle means your opponent has to trigger your things themselves OR you wait until your turn and you crash. My favorite card here easily.

I figured something as outdated as FLIP needed a BIG card, and that's where Feasts came in.

I totally forgot to change Feasts final effect! It was originally a Trap and forgot to errata that part. Well spotted, sorry.

Yeah it'll be a slow but makes your plays more linear. I had thought about restricting it to Level 4 or lower monsters, but thought a Hade-Hane play would be fun :p Taboo would be strong, I agree, so maybe opting to add a level restriction to avoid the massive Subterrors and Taboo being Set would be a better idea.

Rest is my favourite, too. I deliberately decideded against the banish when leaves to provide some flexibility to a slow card, and not adding the new "activate from hand" lines. I could errata it to the common term for sure, overall I think it would be a Trap worth playing.

Noodle is definitely not a standout card, but it's point is to align itself with FLIP monsters, while actually providing a nice protection from hand that'll allow Rest to trigger in the End Phase.

Archived