[Written] Activation Energy

Dova

Activation Energy
Continuous Spell

When this card is activated: You can banish 1 card from your hand; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Chemicritter" monster from your Deck in Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Activation Energy" per turn. Once per turn, if a Gemini Monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can make it become an Effect Monster, and gain its effects.

Activation energy in Chemistry is the amount of energy required to begin a reaction and keep it going, with this card doing both of these things for a measly 1 banish from the hand. Synergized but generic, depending on what you want to do; my favorite kind of support. Might be a tad too easy to trigger though, so...

Thoughts?

Remove the cost and it will be great. Chemictritters need support badly, and a card like this not only would give them welcomed speed, also gives them potential as an engine, similar to... Zodiac Barrage, I guess? Well, maybe not remove the cost entirely, but at least make it more flexible. Banishing 1 monster from hand is not as practical, especially when you don't draw into many of them, if any at all.

Remove the cost and it will be great. Chemictritters need support badly, and a card like this not only would give them welcomed speed, also gives them potential as an engine, similar to... Zodiac Barrage, I guess? Well, maybe not remove the cost entirely, but at least make it more flexible. Banishing 1 monster from hand is not as practical, especially when you don't draw into many of them, if any at all.

I'll change it to 1 card then. The reason I banish is so that they can properly take advantage of the Trap if they banish a monster, but I see that monsters are an issue. I thought that going into Crab to use its search is pretty neat, though. 

Archived