Dova

XMdPjhM.png
[spoiler=Text]Shinobird Peacock
WIND | Level 4 | Winged Beast/Spirit/Effect | 800/1700

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If an opponent's monster declares an attack while you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Shinobird Peacock" once per turn. If this card is Normal Summoned: Add 1 "Shinobird" Continuous Spell/Trap Card from your Deck or GY to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: Target 1 other Spirit monster or 1 "Shinobird" Spell/Trap Card in your GY; add it to your hand. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand.

A lot for one card, I know, especially with how simple the original Shinobirds were in regards to their effects, but I made this card with three purposes in mind: A) Fix Spirits' problems of being vulnerable going first, B) make the Shinobird support more searchable and therefore more playable, and C) add recovery into the Deck, which was lacking especially in the Ritual Spell department. Perhaps its a case of too much on one card, but that's where you come in!

CnC would be appreciated ^^

I was actually able to read the text on the card so your effect doesn't qualify as a college essay. That being said, the effect is quite decent. Having a lv4 at 800 seems a bit risky, but odds are that it can used as a universal Synchro, Xyz or Link material. But on the upside, it does search out some spells and traps that may be of use. Statwise, the card is dead. As for how universal it is, it can be extremely useful. I'd say it's a solid 7/10.

The points I looked at were:

Universal Ritual, Synchro, Xyz and Link material 4/10

Free Lv4 5/10

Searches spells/traps 7/10

The Atk/Def were the only drawbacks.

No big deal though. Because another highlight to this card is it can work quite nicely with something like Dark Dust Spirit.

As a searcher, the card should be welcomed by Shinobirds for sure, but I'm not sure if it addresses the main issues of the archetype. With the recent Impcantation support, they shouldn't have many issues with searching for the Ritual components and materials for it. Instead, I would say what they want the most is a way to grab their Ritual Spells back from the GY to repeatedly Ritual Summon the Shinobirds. This card effectively helps with that through its float effect but... it has to be sent from field to GY and it does so at the End Phase, making it a bit clumsy.

Card looks fine because while the effect that IMO is the most important is restricted, it comes with an on-Normal Summon search, in a way balancing things out. But if it was me, I would make the float effect more flexible by, for instance, make it trigger at the moment its sent to the GY through any means, and restrict, if not outright remove, the other one. Or rather, merge them into one and make it grab a Shinobird Spell/Trap from either the Deck or the GY.

Archived