Archfiend Support [written]

Bruteboii

Architect Archfiend
Level 4/EARTH/Fiend/Effect
ATK/1600 DEF/500
When this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Archfiend Palabyrinth" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If this card is banished: Add 1 "Archfiend" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Architect Archfiend" once per turn.

Gargoyle Archfiend
Level 4/DARK/Fiend/Effect
ATK/1400 DEF/2000
If you control "Archfiend Palabyrinth": You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, send 1 Fiend Monster from your Deck to the GY. You can only Special Summon "Gargoyle Archfiend" once per turn this way. Your face-up Spell/Trap Cards cannot be destroyed by card effects. When an "Archfiend" card(s) you control would be destroyed (by battle or card effect), you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Archfiend Resonator
Level 1/DARK/Fiend/Tuner/Effect
ATK/1000 DEF/200
If you control an "Archfiend" Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon "Archfiend Resonator" once per turn this way. You can banish monsters from your GY, including this card: Special Summon 1 "Archfiend" Monster from your GY whose Level equals the total Levels of the banished monsters. You can only activate this effect of "Archfiend Resonator" once per turn.

Overking Archfiend
Level 8/DARK/Fiend/Effect
ATK/3000 DEF/2500
Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Archfiend" Monster you control. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, pay 1000 LP. Before resolving an opponent's card effect that target's this card, roll a six-sided die, negate the effect if you roll 1, 3, or 6, and if you do, destroy that card. If your "Archfiend" card negates the effect of a Spell/Trap, or monster effect (except during the Damage Step): Send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY. This card's name becomes "Terrorking Archfiend" while on the field.

Lightning Strike

Quick-Play Spell

(This card is always treated as an "Archfiend" card.)
If you control a Level 6 or higher "Archfiend" Monster: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can send 1 Fiend Monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, Set this card from your GY to your field, but it is banished when it leaves the field.

Archfiend's Rally
Continuous Spell
Once per turn: You can destroy 1 Monster Card in your hand; Take 1 "Archfiend" Monster with the same Level as the destroyed card, and either add it to your hand, or send it to the GY. When your opponent takes damage from an "Archfiend" card: "Archfiend" monsters you control gain ATK equal to that damage, until the end of the turn.

Archfiend Deception
Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 "Archfiend" Monster from your Deck or GY that must pay LP during the Standby Phase. When you pay LP for an "Archfiend" Monster Card, increase your LP by double the paid amount. When a player rolls a die (or dice) for an "Archfiend" Monster Card effect, you can change the result to a number between 1-6. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Archfiends are BEGGING for something to happen! I've messed around with them in the past, and Heiress is a great starting point, but where are they going? These might be a bit controversial, maybe, but if you compare this to what the Archfiends do atm, they're a bit of a mess, so this at least adds some combo plays. I've also tried to list "Archfiend" over "Fiend" as much as possible, bot dropped it once to allow synergy with Stygian Street Patrol.

My one big gripe with these is Rally is very similar to Palabyrinth, except the removal is a destruction to the GY rather than a banish, so it triggers more. I added the extra effect to help Archfiends look like a more aggressive play. Also lets Lancer Archfiends shared piercing (once) seem a bit more useful.
The imagery of giant grotesque demons charging forth, once the first one hits you, it's like blood in the water to them.
Deception is purely built to work with the original "Chess Archfiends", and Overking Archfiend is a retrain of Terrorking Archfiend, to complete the package. (We did just get Masterking Archfiend, but nevermind. We've seen more retrains before; GAIA).

The rest I think are self-explanatory. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Added a new Spell, changed Overking a bit, text was far too cloggy when created in Editor. Removed the protection while controling a Field, and errata'd the destruction when you negate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived