Danger! Support

Ultimagamer

These were some support cards I thought of based on supporting the Danger! archetype ( somewhat of a repost of my original Danger! support, with some changes and additions ). 

To be clear, when I post this support, this is NOT designed to help facilitate the FTK currently going around with Dark Worlds. Konami will probably ( or at least HOPEFULLY ) hit that on the next banlist. 

Please leave your thoughts below :D 

[spoiler=Danger! Monsters]

Danger! Bunyip!

Level 7 / Dark / Beast / Effect

2700 attack / 1000 defense

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded was not “Danger! Bunyip!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Bunyip!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: you can discard 1 random card from your opponent’s hand. You can only use this effect of “Danger! Bunyip!” once per turn.

Danger! Kraken!

Level 7 / Dark / Sea-Serpent / Effect

1600 attack / 2800 defense

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded was not “Danger! Kraken!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Kraken!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: you can add 1 “Danger!” card from your GY to your hand, except “Danger! Kraken!”. You can only use this effect of “Danger! Kraken!” once per turn.

Danger! Man-eating Tree!

Level 5 / Dark / Plant / Effect

1400 attack / 2500 defense

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded was not “Danger! Man-eating Tree!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Man-eating Tree!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: you can target 1 Monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until the end of the turn, also it can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a “Danger!” Link Monster while you control it. You can only use this effect of “Danger! Man-eating Tree!” once per turn.

Danger!? Mermaid?

Level 3 / Dark / Sea-Serpent / Effect

1000 attack / 200 defense

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded was not “Danger!? Mermaid?”, Special Summon 1 “Danger!? Mermaid?” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: you can send 1 “Danger!” card from your Deck to your GY ( The sent card is treated as if it was discarded by a card effect ). You can only use this effect of “Danger!? Mermaid?” once per turn.

Danger!! Yeti!!

Link 3 / Dark / Beast / Link / Effect

Link Materials: 3 Monsters, including at least 2 “Danger!” Monsters

Link Makers: Bottom Left, Bottom, Bottom Right

3000 attack

During either players turn: you can target 1 “Danger!” Monster in your GY; apply that card's effect when it is discarded, then place that card either on the top or bottom of your Deck. You can only use this effect of “Danger!! Yeti!!” once per turn. 

[spoiler=Danger! Spells and Traps]

Danger! Is Lurking Everywhere!

Spell - Quickplay

Target 1 “Danger!” Monster you control; return that target to your hand then draw 1 card. Immediately after this effect resolves, you can discard 1 card. You can only activate 1 “Danger! Is Lurking Everywhere!” per turn.

Danger! IT’S HEADED OUR WAY!

Spell - Equip

Target 1 “Danger!” Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target from your GY then equip it with this card. If this either this card you control would be destroyed by a card effect, or if a Monster this card is Equipped to would be destroyed ( by battle or card effect ), you can discard 1 “Danger!” card from your hand instead. You can only activate 1 “Danger! IT’S HEADED OUR WAY! per turn.

Dangerous Danger!

Trap - Normal

When a “Danger!” Monster you control battles an opponent’s Monster: you can discard any number of “Danger!” Monsters; your battling “Danger!” Monster gains ATK equal to half of the total ATK of all of the discarded “Danger!” Monsters. If all of the Monsters you control are “Danger!” Monsters, you can activate this card from your hand.

Preparing For Danger!

Trap - Counter

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card: you can discard 1 “Danger!” Monster; negate the activation, then destroy that card. You can only activate 1 “Preparing For Danger!” per turn.

IMO Dangers! don't deserve the support when they are already doing well. Leaving the power issues to Konami and the banlist is not good card design, either.

From these, I believe Kraken and Mermaid would be used for the FTK to keep the combos going, and maybe 1 Bunyip to hurt the opponent's hand shall the FTK be disrupted. AFAIK the FTKs play Dangers! mainly for their first effects. Thus, these cards would only increase the number of enablers available for the Deck, and could replace those whose on-discard effects are dead on a starting turn (e.g. Bigfoot, Dogman, Thunderbird). The Equip and the Counter Trap look viable as well, especially when Nessie and Kraken can grab them.

FTKs aside, well, the monsters certainly look better than Dogman at least, and ought to be solid additions to the archetype. Can't say the effects are too creative but that's fine since you follow the Danger! template. The Spell/Trap line-up look solid, as well.

Regarding the Yeti, it looks too overpowering to me for a semi-generic Link3 that only requires 1+ Dangers as material. Depending on what you shuffle back, it pays its Summon cost right away, and then gets to stun your opponent's monster effects. As if that wasn't enough, 3000 ATK is outstanding and it's backed up by targeting immunity so relevant decks like Altergeist and Sky Strikers may have a tough time with taking it down. IMO this card should at least require only Danger! monsters as material.

I could definitely nerf down the Yeti somewhat. Maybe this will be better? 

- Removed targeting protection 

- Effect now only targets 1 Danger monster for effect copying 

- Effect copying effect is now once per turn instead of on link summon ( still hard once per turn ) 

- Now requires at least 2 "Danger!" Monsters 

IDK about the changes. Now it can make more pluses the longer is stays on the board. Maybe remove the monster effect negation and instead make the copy&shuffle effect as a Quick Effect?

Good idea! I'll try that out. 

It might be just me, but now it feels like the Yeti is lacking something, like he doesn't have enough effects. 

It might be just me, but now it feels like the Yeti is lacking something, like he doesn't have enough effects.

IMO he's gonna be missing something because he won't follow suit with other Danger cards. He doesn't reveal in hand, and he doesn't do anything when discarded. I don't agree with Dangers needing support at all, but if anything, them having a Link, or any Extra Deck monster doesn't make sense to the theme. If you did want to stick with the Link, give it a GY effect?

IMO he's gonna be missing something because he won't follow suit with other Danger cards. He doesn't reveal in hand, and he doesn't do anything when discarded. I don't agree with Dangers needing support at all, but if anything, them having a Link, or any Extra Deck monster doesn't make sense to the theme. If you did want to stick with the Link, give it a GY effect?

To be fair, some archetypes get EDs or Links that don't exactly follow the archetype's theme. The Skyfang Brigade Link comes to mind as an example. I agree that it could have an additional effect associated with the discard theme of Dangers!.

Kinda related to my previous statement, you could add an effect to involves discarding, as long as it doesn't make extra pluses, or at least not directly, since the Quick Effect got that covered. How about a variant of an on-Summon DW Dealings,or a mini-Danger! Zone? That way, it would only trigger once, and at best would let you discard a Danger! and set up its Quick Effect right away.

Also, since it's much weaker now, maybe it would be fine if it again requires at least 1 Danger! as material, but not sure on this one.

Archived