A Legend passes on.

Was never a big comics guy. Wasn't until the live-action movies until I became vaguely interested. Even so, this makes me sad. MCU won't be the same without his cameos.

The X-Men had the biggest impact on me. Granted the movies weren't great, but they were enjoyable enough to remain invested. Out of the characters, Magneto was always my favorite.

RIP, truly the darkest timeline

This is it.  It's over.  My heart is in pieces.  I thought we had more time but... Stan moved on.  He joins his wife as a Celestial now.  They will be immortalized in his stories, by both heroes and villains.  May he rest in peace.

I only fear now what will become of his empire.  His children, the people under him--they're all crazy.  And I'm worried.

I’ve never been a big fan of superheroes. Even the ones I enjoy aren’t ones I go out of my way to see, and I’ve certainly never read a Superhero comic. I have a lot of reasons for this, but it’s neither here nor there.

There’s something to be said for someone who can make so much, reach so many people, and be so beloved. This is someone who had a true impact on the world, and he did so with fiction. With his words. With his heart and soul poured on paper... and he’ll never be completely forgotten.

He may not mean much to me on a personal level, but he was still a great man. God rest his soul.

Unpopular opinion incoming but I for one am not really phased by this.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on him, but since I read he was practically taking credit for some of the Marvel creations, can't say I admire him. For instance, he took credit for the X-Men. Even if he created everything else, I find taking credit for something as big as the X-Men as uncool, to say the least. Also it makes me wonder if he is taking undeserving credit for other characters and series.

I can give that he is a great businessman and knew how to play the cards to rise up, but that unfairness from his part really stains his impression to me.

Articles on the subject:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19324_5-villains-that-were-thinly-veiled-versions-real-people.html

Entry #2

http://www.cracked.com/article_19576_6-pop-culture-visionaries-who-get-too-much-credit.html

Entry #4

inb4 someone brings up that it's a comedy site, note that Cracked is serious with their research. The articles include some links to sources that back up their statements.

Archived