Pheromone Pollinator (Keeping Track of your Termites)

Black D'Sceptyr

Pheromone_Pollinator.png

[spoiler=Pheromone Pollinator: Info]

WIND/Insect-Type Effect Monster/Level 6/1500 ATK/1500 DEF

Lore: You can pay 1500 LP, then discard 1 Spell/Trap; Special Summon this card from your hand. When exactly 1 monster with the same Type or Attribute as this card is Special Summoned to your field: You can equip 1 Level 3 or lower monster from your Deck to this card with the same Type as that monster, and if you do, if that Summoned monster leaves the field this turn, Special Summon any monsters that were equipped to this card by this effect. You can only use each effect of "Pheromone Pollinator" once per turn.

You're gonna need a bigger beekeeper. 

Till the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

So, it searches dragonfly. I hate to simplify it so much, but let's be honest with ourselves, any other insect and you're falling far behind.

I think the hardest part is the summoning condition. Not only does it require you to discard a card (seriously not that big of a deal) but it only triggers on special summon. Early on, this basically limits you to primitive butterfly/idk some other self-summoner, let's go with quickdraw synchron because funk having a hand. Oh, or multiplication of ants, but holy sheet that card sucks.

Obviously, this results in summoning dfly, who can + harder than just about anything, but even that benefit makes it hard to justify the opportunity cost this requires.

I'm assuming the equipping effect is not intended to trigger from its own self-Summoning effect. In that case, it looks underwhelming to me. Not only it costs you a card to Summon it, also it requires an Special Summon to trigger its equipping effect, making it a bit too cumbersome. As if that wasn't enough, it specifically requires a Spell/Trap to discard, and that may be an issue when you draw into monsters instead of Spell/Traps. It's a minor issue, but still something that shows up every now and then.

I;m not quite sure why it's Level 6 with such stats. It would make more sense to me if it was either Level 4, or had higher stats, preferably 2400/1000 for Monarch support :v

Archived