YU-GI-OH Duel Links Discussion Page!

MarshyK-XS

As this Novembers KC Cup has just started I thought now, more than ever, would be the perfect time to set up a discussion page! 

What sort of things will be covered: 

Deck Advice

deck shares (for climbing PVP and or farming NPCS) 

New upcoming cards/ events/ boxes etc

Beginner tips and tricks!

How to get involved: 

Everyone has the option to share their duellist ID and name on here (this will be added at the bottom of this post for anyone to add up and get involved; whether it be dueling or sending vegabonds)

The future:

Quarterly tournaments for the chance to win points and reps!

Rules: 

No SPAM (I.E anything drastically off topic!) the mods work hard enough and I want this page to be as helpful and beneficial to anyone reading it!

I can double post after 7 days with a topic related question / source of something new to the current meta!

[spoiler= Dulist IDs ]

MarshyK-XS: Double Decker: Dulist ID: 923-935-462

Ciao Babe: Xoxokidding dulist id: 553-265-061

Tythe: Tinkerer Dulest ID: 498-421-542 

The NYX Avatar: NYX Dulest ID: 024-560-063

Question of the week: Do you think the most recent box lived up to the hype that was centred around it when blackwing support was announced? 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was great that most of the original English cast got to reprise their roles. Keyword: MOST. Tara Sands wasn't too bust with Fire Emblem Heroes to be Mokuba, and Konami did a swell job getting it's band back together, but they didn't get the original voices of Weevil, Mako, they didn't even get CLM to be her roles of Yubel and the twins. Still, great game, and the addition of the 5d's cast makes it better.

100% agree! I first picked up duel links about a month after the launch and hearing some of the original characters voices bought back pure nostalgia! I loved it for the first 6/8 months... then they bought newer cards in that ofr me ruined it! the gx era started okay but they havent really expanded on it as well as they did the original era; delaying events and still no cyber dragon leaving fans absolutely salty! the introduction of synchro for me is what the game needed!

Are you still an active player? If so What deck are you looking to run for the kiaba cup? :)

~mk

Lmao, Blackwings suck. They need Black Armor Master or some sheet. Hell, "3, 2, 1, Fire in the Hole!" Delta Crow - Anti Reverse would make SUCH a difference. Yeah, didn't live up to the hype for me.

I'm on it from time to time, usually waiting for a good event or box to come out, I try not to let myself drop below gold by the end of the season and if I feel like it I'll climb to Plat. Too much of a hassle to do anything else when you're f2p imo.

User: XOXOkidding
ID: 553-265-061

I completely agree! I was more excited for dragunity even though the synchros they have are lame! the box had potential and it feels like a top teitr deck wont come out of it... although I am sure it will be the staple for things to come! Breaker spell books I could see becoming a thing as well! 

Added! 

Are you climbing for the KC CUP?

~MK

Hello, fine peoples!

Name: Tinkerer

ID: 498-421-542

This is my Steam f2p account which imo is way better than my phone's "light paying" account. Only been playing on/off for about a year now.

KC Cup: For the most part I don't play to climb and stuff (don't think I ever got to Legend tbh), but I won't turn down gems. Prolly will just play my "Normal Monster + goodstuff deck" to climb or my Cyberdark Thunder Dragon deck if unga-bunga deck gets too tedious.

Box: In terms of the box, my ultimate assessment is that it has potential moving forward. There isn't a ton that it can do on its own, but it has the critical cores for decks, so you'd have to get it if really strong Sync-8s come out (for Dragunity) or Blackwings get their best support. Basically, it isn't good now, but it'll prolly age well over the next year or so. Even if/when Xyzs are added, Harpies and Bujin would likely want their support from this box.

As for me... Well... though Dragunity sounds intriguing, I don't care enough about the archetypes in this box to burn my gems for what will prolly amount to an incomplete core. I'll just keep chugging along and wait for a strong mini box or a box with solid generics.

KC Cup: For the most part I don't play to climb and stuff (don't think I ever got to Legend tbh), but I won't turn down gems. Prolly will just play my "Normal Monster + goodstuff deck" to climb or my Cyberdark Thunder Dragon deck if unga-bunga deck gets too tedious.

Your cyberdark thunder dragon looks pretty cool (from your replay) I am going to be climbing with a dragunity deck as I gain more from the box as its pretty fun to play!

Box: In terms of the box, my ultimate assessment is that it has potential moving forward. There isn't a ton that it can do on its own, but it has the critical cores for decks, so you'd have to get it if really strong Sync-8s come out (for Dragunity) or Blackwings get their best support. Basically, it isn't good now, but it'll prolly age well over the next year or so. Even if/when Xyzs are added, Harpies and Bujin would likely want their support from this box.

Completely agree; Black wing has been very disapointing, esepcially as the best skill to run it with crows first skill (add 2 far north and bwd to your deck / extra deck) Dragunity has been as good as I expected; comboing the ur with the lvl 2 tuner that you can pop to double its atk and destroy one card on the field is pretty cool! also the tuner that you can special summon while its equipped allows for some really cool combos! the harpie support really has minimum effect on the meta; as harpies hunting ground was good when not every spell or trap card could be chained! you can always pop off a canadia / floodgate when its summoned so it loses its impact! Reptilanne is still an archetype I need to practise with; however that relys heavily on the boss monster and I doubt I will invest 2 much more in this box despite it having a few key cards for later synchro boxes!

Blackwing  could be really cool but f me  the deck is expensive!

http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/ko1rsl9p

~MK

Well, if you guys want to add me:

024-560-063

Nyx

KC Cup: I'm usually only in this for the prizes. In Ranked, I'm fine with sitting at Silver or Gold. Lets me try out some other stuff for shits and giggles like Huge Revolution.

As for the recent box: I don't really know much about Blackwings to judge. I'm just in it for some Dragunity.

Just made Duel lvl Max with a dragunity deck! the meta is so competitive this season! 

The deck i used to get there:

[spoiler=F2P Dragunity]

2x dux

2x phalanx

2x arma

2x aklys

3x militum

1 x cards of consonance

2x cosmic cyclone

3d ragunity divine lance

2x storm

1x treacherous trap hole 

extra deck

1x blackwing dragon

1x stardust dragon 

1x vajrayana

1x gae dearg

1x gae bulg 

Where is everyone else at? 

~MK

Just made Duel lvl Max with a dragunity deck! the meta is so competitive this season! 

[spoiler=F2P Dragunity]

2x dux

2x phalanx

2x arma

2x aklys

3x militum

1 x cards of consonance

2x cosmic cyclone

3d ragunity divine lance

2x storm

1x treacherous trap hole 

extra deck

1x blackwing dragon

1x stardust dragon 

1x vajrayana

1x gae dearg

1x gae bulg 

~MK

Why are you playing 2 Storm and 2 Cyclone at the same time?

Why are you playing 2 Storm and 2 Cyclone at the same time?

OTK potential with varajana (cosmic turn 1 if he only has 1 set and then pop his effect without destroying peak performance and do 4200 damage if you get rid of akylis) ! trust me it has come in clutch! cant afofrd cyclone or parrallel twist so had to make do. the only card I would possibly run instead as I only own one cards of consonance would be dark world dealings! It has worked for me but it can be hit and miss! If you watch some of my replays you will see it has worked for me :) 

~MK

Only KC rank 16. I'm casual so no Blue Eyes, Heroes, or that ridiculous Vampire deck. Just Koaki Meiru until I get more copies of UA Midfielder.

Nice! I took a 2 month break so sadly didn't buy a single pack of that box! U.A can be deadly though especially if it catches you off guard! I played a match against a trudge beatdown and i had in my head it was synchro before it even started! If you can get to dlvl max with koaki meiru let us know and I will take my hat off to ya!!! I invested fully in this box (grinding probably about 6 hours a day at work for gems hahahaha) 

Congrats!

I was a bit burned out after the Zane and Trudge events so I've only played 1 time this past week. I think I only got to Dlv9, but I think I capped out at Dlv13 last time anyway, so I'm not expecting much. I did grab several hundred gems, though.

Thanks man!!!

I feel you there mate got zane to 1200000 and still only 1 cannon :,( have come across quite a few cyber dark decks in my climb and cannon can be lethal putting stuff like bacon saver etc in the grave then attacking directly with edge! think theres a total of 1500 gems in total for getting dlvl max sso if you can pick up some sort of motivation (it took me till about lvl 16 to start playing more than 5 a day) it would be worth a shot at it just for the gems! 

Keep me updated and if you ever want to deck test hit me up (I only have dragunity and a mediocer trick up the sleeve blue eyes due to f2p though!) 

~MK

[spoiler=F2P Dragunity]

2x dux

2x phalanx

2x arma

2x aklys

3x militum

1 x cards of consonance

2x cosmic cyclone

3d ragunity divine lance

2x storm

1x treacherous trap hole

extra deck

1x blackwing dragon

1x stardust dragon

1x vajrayana

1x gae dearg

1x gae bulg

~MK

I'm putting my X-Sabers down though and picking up my Spellbooks. I do want to make a Dragunity Deck as well. Out if curiosity, what character are you running Dragunity with and what Skill?

and picking up my Spellbooks.

They are really strong this meta and would definately be a shout!!! won one game all push against them and thats becasue my opponent miss played!

what character are you running Dragunity with and what Skill?

I am playing kiaba peak performance for a couple of reasons!

1) extra storm fodder

2) allows me to get a otk off with vajrayarna (pop its effect and get rid of akyls for 4200 plus a card destruction

it will be more consistent with double cyclone and parallel twister but i sadly don't have them yet! 

~MK

I was thinking of mixing Cydarks with Dragunity. Cannon can send Javalin to the grave and Jav can SS itself when equipped to a Cydark for a Sync-5 play (Goyo). I'm thinking that the Extra might be too tight tho...

About how many gems did you take to dig your Dragunity stuff?

I was thinking of mixing Cydarks with Dragunity. Cannon can send Javalin to the grave and Jav can SS itself when equipped to a Cydark for a Sync-5 play (Goyo). I'm thinking that the Extra might be too tight tho...

that would work quite nicely although the synergy with the equip spell wont be there and that is probably the key first turn synchro card in the deck! would be interesting to test though you could combo it with goyo chaser and the new level 5 duel a thon reward ( goes to 3000 atk when a level 3 is destroyed... kind of works with cyber dark!) but I could see a hybrid working purely just because of cannons plus 1 draw on destruction comboing that akyls with storm would be so satisfying!!!!

About how many gems did you take to dig your Dragunity stuff?

it took 174 packs... I had about 5000 gems saved and I have been grinding all of the rental deck stuff, and with the extra exp and duel orbs (been spending about 5 hours a day on this as soon as the box came out) they made me wait till 6 packs for the UR synchro :,( deck runs so much smother with it but I think you only really need that and stardust!

~MK

Nice! I took a 2 month break so sadly didn't buy a single pack of that box! U.A can be deadly though especially if it catches you off guard! I played a match against a trudge beatdown and i had in my head it was synchro before it even started! If you can get to dlvl max with koaki meiru let us know and I will take my hat off to ya!!! I invested fully in this box (grinding probably about 6 hours a day at work for gems hahahaha) 

~MK

Just hit KC Max with Koaki Meiru. Honestly couldn't believe it. This meta is wide open.

@@Wizarus: Mate thats dope as anything!!!! I bet your absoloutely buzzing!!!!

How did everyone get on? I had a busy weekend so only got upto 3000 points! Also the new jack event is highly disapointing!!!!

~MK

I got no further than 16. 

Disappointing, but at least I got a few prizes. Still want to keep working on building Dragunity.

Well, he is just getting teased for now. Think of it like Zane. They'll tease him for a while, and then eventually release him in a more fleshed out event to obtain him.

16th Mini Box leaked.  Available on Dec. 10

https://www.duellinksmeta.com/news/december-2018/datamined-leaks/

[spoiler=Looks like an Insect/Beast box but it comes with the best card in the entire game!]

SelfMummification-EXVC-EN-SP-1E.jpg

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on Box]

It looks... decent?

It you're looking to really try out Synchro Summoning, this would be a great place to start.  The Box has lots of easy Special Summons, several generic Synchros, lots of floats... It gives a good solid range of things to do.

On the other hand, there isn't a lot of muscle coming out of the Box.  Nothing in the Box has over 2500 ATK, and most removal in it comes through traps that have a condition to their use.  Fortunately, these conditions are usually pretty easy to fulfill, but still..

Individual cards that catch my eye:

• Gigantes - This guy is very interesting.  He might even be worth building a deck around just because of how its effect works.  Considering no MP2, you'd need to be running stuff like Sphere Kuriboh or chainable spell/traps to really hurt your opponent off this effect.  I can't really think of a good home for it right now, but it is definitely something to keep on the radar.
  • Lair Wire - An easy disruption effect for Insect decks?  Yes please.  It may not be as good as Spellbook of Fate, but in DL, they really fulfill similar purposes.  Being able to hit a Cosmo Brain on summon, or hit the second Anki when they're going for the OTK, or even using it to go for a safe push, this card could become very good just based on versatility alone.  Plus its chainable.
  • Mother Spider - Another card that you can really dedicate a deck toward.  This could bring stuff like Windstorm back into the spotlight.  While it might not be hard to get rid of, being an easy +2 that doesn't use your Normal Summon might just be enough to swing games all on its own.  Of course, this and Lair Wire are only as good as the Insect monsters in the game.  I know there are some Inzektors, but I need to see some of the other stuff to see if a Mother Spider build would be worthwhile...
  • Super Rush Recklessly - Similar things to say as with Lair Wire, however, unlike the former, this is a -1.  It is notable as a potentially better solution to problems like floating/Graveyard effects/Graveyard revival. Aside from that, this has basically all the same benefits as Lair Wire with a bit more of a condition.  Would not exactly recommend building a deck around this though.
  • Cherry Inmato - Ok, I've gotta ask since I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Cherry Inmato is the first direct +1 battle floater, right? DL doesn't have Giant Germ/Nimble Momonga/the Attribute Floaters/etc., right? But this looks potentially pretty good.  It can completely hold off attacks for a turn, you're almost assured a Synchro/Tribute the next turn, and it can thin your deck by a ton.

This Box (like the last Main Box) has potential and (like the last Main Box) doesn't have a ton of generic staples.  However, unlike the Main Box, this trades in archetypes with potential for raw type support.  For me, I think I'd prefer type support as it has more overall potential and means of future support than any individual archetype.

tl;dr. I think I might actually pull from this Box.

Archived