Qliphort Defragenius - Link3 Qliphort Genius upgrade

Darj

EVmyWtq.png

Qliphort Defragenius
EARTH/Machine/Link/Effect/Rating 3
ATK: 2400
Markers: bottom, bottom-left, bottom-right
2+ Machine monsters, including a "Qli" Link Monster
This Link Summoned card is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects and the activated effects from other Link Monsters. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up card on each player's field, except this card; both face-up cards have their effects negated until the end of this turn. When 2 or more monsters are Special Summoned at the same time to zones this card points to: You can take 1 Machine Pendulum Monster from your Deck, and either place it in your Pendulum Zone or add it to your hand.

A straightforward upgrade for Qliphort Genius. Made it mostly because I wanted its negation effect to be a Quick Effect. Can't say it's a really creative effect, but I tried to give it as much flavor as possible. IDK if I should limit it to only Qliphorts as materials so decks likes ABCs or anything running Tomahawk don't access it, although said decks may need the boost.

Trivia, flavor & stuff:

- The name makes a reference to defragmentation. Also it hints at Genius "defragmenting" itself by finding a body.

- It has the same ATK as the Level6 Qliphorts.

Thoughts?

Come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon Darj. You can do better than that :P

The Quick Effect could definitely be left as is, even if it is a copy paste, as it stacks nicely with Genius. But leaving the second effect to have an identical premise and very similar result? You admit that's it not very creative, but why not have some fun with it, hm? Why not an additional Normal Summon, S/T searching, or even grabbing a Pendulum Normal Monster? So much room to improve beyond it.

Point taken, it certainly can do something different to grabbing a Level5 Machine and leaving that to Genius. I'm thinking of either placing a Machine Pendulum as scale, or activating a Qli Spell/Trap. That ought to compensate its splashability and power of the Quick Effect. I will leave the same trigger of 2 monsters Summoned at the same time, since that's Genius' gimmick.

There may not be many noteworthy Machine Pendulums besides Scout AFAIK, but that's ought to change at anytime so it should be fine.

Any thoughts on that change?

Machine Pendulum sounds good.

I'm a bit disappointed actually that all of its Link arrows point down, as, like Genius, that means its only useful in the EMZ. I know giving it L/R would hurt it in terms of making early plays, but I think it would be cool :P

Machine Pendulum sounds good.

I'm a bit disappointed actually that all of its Link arrows point down, as, like Genius, that means its only useful in the EMZ. I know giving it L/R would hurt it in terms of making early plays, but I think it would be cool :P

Yeah, it would hurt a bit since with 3 points downwards you can use 1 for an ED Summon and still have 2 available to trigger its third effect. If it were to have 1 marker on L/R sides, it would lose this perk while still being unable to trigger the 3rd effect if it's on a MM Zone. If only it was a Link4 xD

Archived