[OCG] New Monsters from 20th Anniversary Duelist Box

Monsters based on the classic monsters of each hero are revealed, including the long awaited “Chaos Form” Dark Magician.

Ritual-and-Fusion.png?resize=300%2C207&s

20TH-JPB01 Magician of Chaos
Level 7 DARK Spellcaster Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2100
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Chaos Form”.
(1) This card’s name is treated as “Dark Magician” while it is on the field or GY.
(2) Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or its effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
(3) If this Ritual Summoned card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Chaos” or “Black Luster Soldier” Ritual Monster from your hand, except “Magician of Chaos”, ignoring its Summoning requirements.

20TH-JPB08 Elemental HERO Grandman
Level 6 LIGHT Warrior Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Materials: 2 “HERO” Normal Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned.
(1) Gains 300 ATK/DEF x the total Levels of its Fusion Materials.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning requirements, but it cannot attack monsters whose Level is the same or lower than its own.

Signal-Onomatopeia.png?resize=300%2C207&

20TH-JPB13 Signal Warrior
Level 7 LIGHT Warrior Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 1000
Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
(1) Once per turn, during each Standby Phase: Place 1 Signal Counter on this card and all face-up cards in the Field Zones.
(2) This card with a Signal Counter cannot be destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect.
(3) Once per turn: You can remove Signal Counters from either side of the field to activate 1 of these effects.
• 4: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent.
• 7: Draw 1 card.
• 10: Destroy 1 card on the field.

20TH-JPB20 Kibouoh Onomatopia / Utonomatopia
Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
(This card is also always treated as a “Zubaba”, “Gagaga”, “Gogogo”, and “Dododo” card.)
You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase: You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Xyz Monsters, also Special Summon from your hand in Defense Position 0 or 1 monster from each of these categories, except “Utonomatopia”.
• “Zubaba” monster
• “Gagaga” monster
• “Gogogo” monster
• “Dododo” monster

Advance-Supervisor.png?resize=300%2C207&

20TH-JPB25 Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon
Level 8 DARK Dragon Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
You can also Tribute Summon this card by Tributing only 1 Level 5 or higher monster.
You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK.
(2) When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher monster from your hand or GY in Defense Position, except “Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon”.

20TH-JPB32 Backup Supervisor
Link 2 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 1200
Links: Right, Bottom
Materials: 2 monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card was Link Summoned by using “Backup Secretary” as Link Material, at the end of the Damage Step, when your monster this card points to battles an opponent’s monster: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Backup Secretary” from your hand, Deck, or GY.

Source:https://ygorganization.com/letshaveagrandoldtime/

Magician of Chaos

It looks amazing to me. It may be hindered by the inherent issues of Rituals, but that Quick Effect looks really sweet, and the float can be potent by dropping a Chaos MAX Dragon. Plus it will work if you destroy it with effects from your cards, giving you some control on it. Besides, it's Level 7 so it's searchable by Preparation of Rites, sweet.

Grandman

I got excited a first when I read it could Summon any E-HERO Fusion, but then I read that restriction. At least it can still attack directly for OTKing. However, the materials make it impractical. It can only get big if you use at least 1 E-HERO Neos for it, otherwise it's an unimpressive 1800~2400 ATK monster.

Signal Warrior

Looks surprisingly durable with immunity to both effect and battle destruction, and it becomes a threat as it stacks Counters. I guess it's best used when Synchro Summoned during the opponent's turn, and IIRC Synchrocentrics recently got some tools to do that.

Utonomatopia

Oh wow, the support this card gets with such Harpie Lady clause. I was a bit puzzled on why it lets you Summon 0 monsters of each category, and took me some re-reads to realize you can potentially Summon 1 of each for a big swarm, impressive!

Has some potential since Onomatopaira is a thing.

Advance Dragon

First effect is sweet. Makes me wonder if one could try this along the Monarch Trap that lets you Tribute Summon during the opponent's turn in a Dragon deck for the pseudo Quick Effect disruption. The second effect doesn't looks as impressive, though.

Backup Secretary

Doesn't look as good since the first effect relies on battle, and you cannot even use it as pop fodder for the float effect. However, I'm not familiar with Cyberses so IDK for sure. Her artwork looks great, though.

ZaGaGoDo (as I will now call it) is awesome!!! Easily feels like the best of these cards, it helps tie a really weird theme together. Looking forward to using it, I've been wanting to build a proper Yuma.dek for a while.

Although, since it's treated as all of them, If I search it with Onomatopaira can I search anything else? (e.g. searching Utonomatopia and a Zubaba Buster). My guess would be no since it locks off all 4 archetypes.

Signal Warriors neat for enabling Speed World 2, Mini Utopia is cool for a Level 4 swarm which may lead to a new Utopia Xyz thats 2+ Level 4 monsters and though Grandman is a nice call back to the original Elemental HERO's its Fusion requirements hinders itself as the effect HERO's are more used over it (besides E-HERO Neos for Neos Fusion into Brave Neos.)

At least Chaos Form has a decent monster to summon from Dark Magician's side, but would you really play Rituals in DM? Need good DARK Spellcaster Ritual searchers tbh. Maybe next decade. Artwork is cool though.

Grandman's last effect is something something Skyscraper reference aka beating opponent's monster which is stronger than your monster (in this case; has a higher level). This becomes strong boye if Fusing 2 Neos.

Signal Warrior is Speed World 2: Monster Edition. But why can't you print the actual Speed World 2 card, Konami?

Mini-Utopia is meh. I wanted Gagaga support, but not like this. Should've included SS from GY too.

Odd-Eyes Tribute Dragon references anime's Dimension Dragons' effects where they affect Level 5 or higher monsters (or maybe it's the word "Advance", which is the OCG version of "Tribute" idk). Anyways I hate it. Pendulums don't care about Tribute Summoning or having Level 5 or higher monsters in the GY. I needed something better for my Odd-Eyes deck, Konami.

And I don't care about the last one.

Monsters based on the classic monsters of each hero are revealed, including the long awaited “Chaos Form” Dark Magician.

20TH-JPB01 Magician of Chaos

Level 7 DARK Spellcaster Ritual Effect Monster

ATK 2500

DEF 2100

You can Ritual Summon this card with “Chaos Form”.

(1) This card’s name is treated as “Dark Magician” while it is on the field or GY.

(2) Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or its effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

(3) If this Ritual Summoned card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Chaos” or “Black Luster Soldier” Ritual Monster from your hand, except “Magician of Chaos”, ignoring its Summoning requirements.

20TH-JPB08 Elemental HERO Grandman

Level 6 LIGHT Warrior Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 0

DEF 0

Materials: 2 “HERO” Normal Monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned.

(1) Gains 300 ATK/DEF x the total Levels of its Fusion Materials.

(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning requirements, but it cannot attack monsters whose Level is the same or lower than its own.

20TH-JPB13 Signal Warrior

Level 7 LIGHT Warrior Synchro Effect Monster

ATK 2400

DEF 1000

Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

(1) Once per turn, during each Standby Phase: Place 1 Signal Counter on this card and all face-up cards in the Field Zones.

(2) This card with a Signal Counter cannot be destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect.

(3) Once per turn: You can remove Signal Counters from either side of the field to activate 1 of these effects.

• 4: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

• 7: Draw 1 card.

• 10: Destroy 1 card on the field.

20TH-JPB20 Kibouoh Onomatopia / Utonomatopia

Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster

ATK 1500

DEF 1500

(This card is also always treated as a “Zubaba”, “Gagaga”, “Gogogo”, and “Dododo” card.)

You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.

(1) During your Main Phase: You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Xyz Monsters, also Special Summon from your hand in Defense Position 0 or 1 monster from each of these categories, except “Utonomatopia”.

• “Zubaba” monster

• “Gagaga” monster

• “Gogogo” monster

• “Dododo” monster

20TH-JPB25 Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon

Level 8 DARK Dragon Effect Monster

ATK 3000

DEF 2500

You can also Tribute Summon this card by Tributing only 1 Level 5 or higher monster.

You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.

(1) If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK.

(2) When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher monster from your hand or GY in Defense Position, except “Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon”.

20TH-JPB32 Backup Supervisor

Link 2 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster

ATK 1200

Links: Right, Bottom

Materials: 2 monsters

You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.

(1) If this card was Link Summoned by using “Backup Secretary” as Link Material, at the end of the Damage Step, when your monster this card points to battles an opponent’s monster: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand.

(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Backup Secretary” from your hand, Deck, or GY.

Source:https://ygorganization.com/letshaveagrandoldtime/

pic added later

Can you add the pictures please

I feel like getting signal tokens is easier than it first looked, but it's still a really slow draw 1 that relies on the opponent 

Archived