[LVP2] Raid Raptors - Wise Strix

864d3fd8.jpg

Raid Raptors - Wise Strix / Raidraptor - Wise Strix
Dark Winged Beast / Link / Effect
Link-2 1400 / BL BR
2 DARK Winged Beast monsters
You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 DARK Winged Beast monster from your Deck in Defense Position, but its effects are negated, also it cannot be used as a Link Material.
(2) If a "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster effect you control is activated: Set 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell from your Deck to your field. If it was a Quick-Play Spell, it can be activated during this turn.

Wel, I guess I cannot complain about no Raid-Raptor Link 2 anymroe, that was most of my critique since they introduced Links ... oh well, it also has a RUM - searcher effect and sets it to circumvent that toxic S0.

Sounds pretty good to me, it allows further Fuzzy Lanius plays and effectively costs 1 material, given that it ahnds 1 back right afterwards.

Great support, this should be exactly what they wanted and needed.

Would you mind me asking for the source ?

The second effect is exactly what i suggested to balance the fact S0 exists. Lovely.

The card is just great, basically everything I ever wanted in an RR card. Haha.

Idk what made me happier, this card or the large amount of Salamangreat stuff we got that made the deck playable. Guess I can't complain anymore huh

I had not realized Raidraptors were this savvy with technology and intel.

It may not be gamebreaking at the moment, but it looks solid to me. It can assist Blackwings too, and I guess Force Strix requiring generic Level4 materials encourages the use of RUMs as silly techs outside of Raidraptors.

I had not realized Raidraptors were this savvy with technology and intel.

It may not be gamebreaking at the moment, but it looks solid to me. It can assist Blackwings too, and I guess Force Strix requiring generic Level4 materials encourages the use of RUMs as silly techs outside of Raidraptors.

Well first and foremost it enables a consistent Raidraptor Revolution Falcon playline and enables consistent plays with Last Strix into basicly any non-Rank 3 Raidraptor in the game, including Ultimate Falcon, Final Fortress Falcon, Revolution Falcon and Arsenal Falcon.

Beyond that it allows the player to search RUM -Soul Shave Force once the conditions are met and creates linked zones for that.

The restriction on using the summoned monster as a link material is smart, the effect negation doesn't hurt fuzzy lanius or mimicry lanius's grave effects at all. so that restriction is pretty light overall. 

The second effect means revolution falcon is only ever two cards away, and it even makes double doom force into less of a brick. the ratios you need for rank ups (should you choose to play a rank up build) are minimal.

Hopefully this and the two missing Xyz's (the 6 and 7) come over in the same set... Or at all.

Archived