[LVP2] Traptrix Sera

jajQYl7.png

Traptrix Sera

EARTH Plant Link Effect Monster

800 ATK / Link-1 (Bottom)

1 "Traptrix" monster, except a Link Monster

-You can only use each of this card name's (2) and (3) effects once per turn.

(1) This Link Summoned card is unaffected by Trap effects.

(2) If a Trap Card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck with a different name from the monsters you control.

(3) If another "Traptrix" monster's effect is activated: You can Set 1 "Hole" Normal Trap Card directly from your Deck.

I love the artwork, and the effects look really good once you set things in motion, but seems to me that the issue is precisely the start-up. You can make a Traptrix deck with Dionaea, Mantis, Myrmeleo and Naturia Sacred Tree, but ideally you will want to get a Traptrix on board first, go for this, and then Normal Summon any of those 3 for this card's (3) effect. Still, opening this and a bunch of Traps is not too bad. I find amusing how Special Summoning Dionaea or Myrmeleo with the (2) effect can potentially trigger the (3) effect. Besides, it's bound to get better when/if Trap Cards with more flexible from-hand activation conditions are released.

Omg, I love Traptrix and this one is sooo cute. Wish it had some better form of protection for its small body but that effect kinda makes up for it (not really). Dio and Myrm (the 2 best ones) play off it with the SS eff, and THEN it plays off of THEM with the search effect. Crazy sheet. Not game breaking but certainly better than what we had before. Did I mention this one was funking cute as all hell?

English name will be Traptrix Drosera.

Activate a trap, summon myrm, pop backrow, search a trap.

Replace steps two and three with whatever. Card is good.

Traptrix aren't good, but that's merely because that form of reactive playstyle doesn't warrant too many slots. It's completely possible that they may fade back into use, though.

Archived