Sacred Avian Archetype

Conflicted

I've always liked Ritual monsters and to the best of my knowledge ritual birds isn't really a thing. So I'm trying that.

Monster Cards

[spoiler=Main Deck][spoiler=Sacred Avian Graciel] f3TPWw8.png

Sacred Avian Graciel

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Effect

ATK: 700 / DEF: 1700

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped: you can add one "Sacred Avian" card to your hand from your deck. Then, shuffle your deck. If this card is in your GY: you can banish 1 other "Sacred Avian" card in your GY; Special Summon this card. Banish this card during the End Phase it was summoned by its own effect.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Guardias] zupbc9q.png

Sacred Avian Guardias

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Effect

ATK: 1700 / DEF: 700

During your opponent's Battle Phase, when a face-up "Sacred Avian" monster you control is targeted for battle: you can Special Summon this card from your hand in the defence position. When this card is summoned by its own effect: end the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Savagus] o93fat1.png

Sacred Avian Savagus

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Effect

ATK: 1800 / DEF: 700

If you summon a Ritual Monster: you can target one Spell or Trap card your opponent controls; destroy it.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Celess] li5481I.png

Sacred Avian Celess

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Tuner / Effect

If you control a Winged-Beast Ritual Monster: you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed by battle: you can Special Summon it from the GY during your Standby Phase; its original ATK and DEF become 0.

[spoiler=Sacred Chick] w1sOugA.png

Sacred Chick

Light Attribute

Level 1

Winged-Beast / Pendulum / Effect

ATK: 0 / DEF: 700

Pendulum Effect: You do not need to tribute monsters to Ritual Summon a level 4 or lower Ritual Monster. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed: Special Summon it.

Monster Effect: This card can be used as the full tribute for the Ritual Summon of a Winged-Beast monster. When this card on the field is used as a Tribute for the Ritual Summon of a "Winged-Beast" monster: you can add one "Sacred Avian" card from your deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Wis] h0o18HT.png

Sacred Avian Wis

Light Attribute

Level 4

ATK: 700 / DEF: 0

Pendulum Effect: Level 4 monsters can be used as the full tribute for Level 8 Winged-Beast Ritual Monsters. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed: Special Summon it.

Monster Effect: When this card is summoned: add one "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell or "Temple of the Sky Gods" to your hand from your deck.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Comikel] QSaKwtf.png

Sacred Avian Comikel

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Tuner / Effect

ATK: 1400 / DEF: 700

You can Special Summon this card from the GY during the Main Phase of a turn it was used as a tribute for the Ritual Summon of a Winged-Beast monster.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Kerless] I3cA1Lu.png

Sacred Avian Kerless

Light Attribute

Level Four

ATK: 700 / DEF: 700

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, you can return one Ritual Monster in your hand to your deck: add one "Sacred Avian" card from your deck to your hand. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed: you can Special Summon it.

Monster Effect: You cannot use this card as a tribute for the Ritual Summon of a monster except a Winged-Beast Ritual Monster. When this card is tributed to Ritual Summon: your opponent cannot use card effects to negate that summon.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Pridius] 2T1oBn4.png

Sacred Avian Pridius

Light Attribute

Level Four

Winged-Beast / Ritual / Effect

ATK: 2500 / DEF: 700

This card can be Ritual Summoned with any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn, you can select one face-up "Sacred Avian" monster you control: place it on the top of your deck; this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects this turn.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Serentes] cr6LhAB.png

Sacred Avian Serentes

Light Attribute

Level Four

ATK: 1900 / DEF: 700

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn, during your Draw Phase, you can send the top card of your deck to the GY. Then, add one Sacred Avian card from your GY to your hand. You do not draw normally at this time.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Contentia] q5gSQHp.png

Sacred Avian Contentia

Light Attribute

Level Eight

ATK: 700 / DEF: 700

This card can be Ritual Summoned with any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell Card. This card gains 1000 ATK for each monster tributed to Ritual Summon it. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's attack or card effect: it is not destroyed; this card loses 700 ATK. If this card has 0 ATK: destroy it; Special Summon one "Sacred Avian" Ritual Monster from your GY.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Agriel] Hz6dtQ2.png

Sacred Avian Agriel

Light Attribute

Level Eight

ATK: 2700 / DEF: 700

This card can be Ritual Summoned with any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: your opponent cannot activate card effect; destroy Spell and Trap Cards on the field up to the number of monsters tributed to summon this card.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Vigara] z5rocDL.png

Sacred Avian Vigara

Light Attribute

Level Four

ATK: 2300 / DEF: 700

This card can be Ritual Summoned with any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Spell Card. Your opponent cannot select other Winged-Beast monsters for battle or with card effects. If you control a "Sacred Avian" monster: you can banish this card in your GY to negate the activation of a card's effect and destroy it.

[spoiler=Extra Deck][spoiler=Sacred Avian Hubron] BUPiO2u.png

Sacred Avian Hubron

Light Attribute

Rank Four

Winged-Beast / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 4 Ritual Monsters

Once per turn, you can remove one Xyz material from this card: add one "Sacred Avian" or Ritual Spell Card to your hand from your deck; shuffle your deck. Monsters used as Xyz material for this card can be removed and counted as a tribute for the Ritual Summon of Winged-Beast monster.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Egon] 3FmjaKp.png

Sacred Avian Egon

Light Attribute

Rank Four

2 Level 4 Ritual Monsters

Once per turn, you can remove one Xyz material from this card: Special Summon one Level 4 or lower Winged-Beast from your GY. A monster summoned by this effect cannot attack the turn it is summoned. Monsters used as Xyz material for this card can be removed and counted as a tribute for the Ritual Summon of a Winged-Beast monster.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Intellus] C3gizV1.png

Sacred Avian Intellus

Light Attribute

Level Eight

Winged-Beast / Synchro / Effect

ATK:700 / DEF: 1700

1 Winged-Beast Tuner + 1 Ritual Monster

This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If you have a "Sacred Avian" Ritual Monster in your GY: this card gains 2000 ATK. You can tribute this face-up card to negate the Special Summon of an opponent's monster and destroy it.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Caria] SvVlsgb.png

Sacred Avian Caria

Light Attribute

Rank 8

2 Level 8 Ritual Monsters

This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Xyz material attached to it. Once per turn, you can attach one Winged-Beast monster in your GY to this card as Xyz material. If a "Sacred Avian" card would be destroyed: you can remove one Xyz material from this card instead. Monsters used as Xyz material for this card can be removed and counted as a tribute for the Ritual Summon of a Winged-Beast monster.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Tradista] 9P523hL.png

Sacred Avian Tradista

Light Attribute

Level Eight

Winged-Beast / Synchro / Effect

1 Winged-Beast Tuner + 1+ Winged-Beast non-tuner monsters

When this card attacks or is attacked: increase its ATK by 1000 during the Damage Step only. When this card attacks a defence position monster: inflict piercing damage.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Coragiel] 9xbSDbC.png

Sacred Avian Coragiel

Light Attribute

Link 3

Winged-Beast / Link / Effect

ATK: 700

2+ Winged-Beast monsters

You can only Summon LIGHT Winged-Beast monsters to a Zone this card points to. When this card is Summoned: select one "Sacred Avian" monster in your GY; increase this card's ATK by the selected monster's rank/level x300. Instead of being destroyed, decrease this cards ATK by 1,000. If this card has 0 ATK: destroy it.

Spells and Traps

[spoiler=Spells][spoiler=Temple of the Sky Gods] ZsLv75Q.png

Temple of the Sky Gods

Spell Card

Field Spell

You can tribute monsters from your hand or field with combined levels equal to the level of a Winged-Beast Ritual Monster in your hand: Ritual Summon that card without the use of a Ritual Spell card. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect: you can tribute one face up "Sacred Avian" monster; this card is not destroyed.

[spoiler=Sacred Song] 6o7vWVK.png

Sacred Song

Spell Card

Return one banished "Sacred Avian" monster to your GY: Special Summon one Level Four or lower "Sacred Avian" monster with a different name from your deck. A monster Special Summoned by this effect is banished during the End Phase.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Rising] EWiLpbG.png

Sacred Avian Rising

Spell Card

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters whose level are equal two or higher than the level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon from your hand or field. If "Temple of the Sky Gods" is on the field, you can discard this card from your hand and Special Summon one "Sacred Avian" Ritual Monster from your GY whose level is equal to the level of another "Sacred Avian" monster you control.

[spoiler=Aviforce] ZGBWbeX.png

Aviforce

Spell Card

Quick-Play Spell

Tribute one face-up "Sacred Avian" monster you control; destroy one monster your opponent controls. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined level of both monsters x100.

[spoiler=Prayer of Reverence] MhT9Hrm.png

Prayer of Reverence

Spell Card

Return one Ritual Monster in your hand to your deck: draw 2 cards. If either card drawn by this effect is a Ritual Spell card: draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Judgement from Above] R2HK3Wn.png

Judgement from Above

Spell Card

Quick-Play Spell

All attack position monsters, except for Winged-Beast Ritual Monsters, on the field are changed to the defence position until the End Phase of the turn this card is activated.

[spoiler=Sacred Avian Blessing] qytB1QH.png

Sacred Avian Blessing

Spell Card

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Sacred Avian" Ritual Monster. You must also banish cards from your hand or GY with a total level equal to the monster summoned by this card.

[spoiler=Trap Cards][spoiler=Defence Wing] pRBgcC8.png

Defence Wing

Trap Card

Activate this card when your opponent declares an attack on a Winged-Beast monster you control. Return both the attacking monster and the monster you control selected as an attack target to their owners hands and end the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=Transcendent Flight] i8Pf8on.png

Transcendent Flight

Trap Card

If a "Sacred Avian" monster you control would be destroyed by an opponent's monster attack or card effect: negate its destruction. Then, tribute one "Sacred Avian" monster you control: Ritual Summon one Winged-Beast Ritual monster from your deck.

Many more to come, hope you enjoy them!

Edit: On Strategy - I think it's pretty clear but the idea here is to deal with a lot of the problems typically plaguing Ritual archetypes/decks. That is, the constant need to recycle Ritual Spells or use multiple kinds of Ritual that take up space and the need to constantly be tributing your own monsters as fodder clearing your field or emptying your hand. Consequently almost all "Sacred Avians" have effects that search other "Sacred Avian" cards or otherwise keep them on the field or in your hand. To make up for this though, almost none of them have offensive effects and so are stuck with only their attacks to hurt the opponent.

Edit 2: There's a few silly mistakes or typos in the card images so go by the quotes underneath for their effects.

Added a bunch of new cards since first posting this. Also gradually working back through and fixing typos and changing the OCG in attempt to make it fit current OCG conventions (as of yet only Graciel has been changed but going to do a few more after this post.)

Edit: Guardias and Savagus also edited.

not gonna give a in-depth review for this since i need to finished your Steamtech (when i can) first but i personally like the lore the "Tributing attached Xyz Material for Ritual Summon" Gimmick you have and i think it can be explored further...damn this gave my quite number of ideas

from what i can skimmed though at least they have a rather ok card advantage effect being having multiple card that can summon back resource for your plays and has decent stat but lacking in disruption effect to push game

not gonna give a in-depth review for this since i need to finished your Steamtech (when i can) first but i personally like the lore the "Tributing attached Xyz Material for Ritual Summon" Gimmick you have and i think it can be explored further...damn this gave my quite number of ideas

from what i can skimmed though at least they have a rather ok card advantage effect being having multiple card that can summon back resource for your plays and has decent stat but lacking in disruption effect to push game

Glad I could inadvertently be of some help. I have one more Xyz like that I want to make if I can find some good art.

Thanks again for the comments. Glad you like them.

Archived