Orcust Support ~ Deus Ex

TOPsycho

Back again with support for one of my favourite decks, Orcust! These cards are mainly here to remedy some of the overall problems with the deck, not to make it flat out overpowered. Though, I cannot say it won't do this anyway. I believe that each card is fairly balanced in its own right and will fit into any avid Orcust players deck with ease. Enjoy!

Orcust Metal Maestro
DARK/Machine
Level 8 Effect
2000 ATK/100 DEF
Gains 100 ATK x the number of your banished Machines. You can banish this card from your GY, then target up 1 "Orcust" monster and up to 3 "Orcust" and/or "World Legacy" monsters from your field and/or GY; banish them, then Special Summon 1 "Orcust" Link monster from your Extra Deck whose Link Rating is equal to the number of monsters banished by this card's effect, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except DARK monsters (This Summon is treated as a Link Summon). You can only use this effect of "Orcust Metal Maestro" once per turn.

~Metal Maestro is a demi-boss monster, both providing a high attack main deck monster, but more importantly, providing Accel-Linkro Summons in the opponent's turn with Babel, and also mass banishing of Orcusts.

Orcust Percussion Prowler
DARK/Machine
Level 2 Effect
800 ATK/1700 DEF
You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 of your banished "Orcust" non-Link monsters, except for "Orcust Percussion Prowler"; shuffle that target into the Deck, then you can apply its effect. You can only use this effect of "Orcust Percussion Prowler" once per turn.

~Percussion Prowler is an extender. By banishing it from GY, you get to recycle an Orcust and get its effect at the same time, allowing for even more recovery or playmaking. (Just imagine being able to resolve Harp or Skeleton twice in a turn)

Orcustral Forerunner
DARK/Machine
Link 1   Bottom Right
500 ATK
~1 "Orcust" monster, except for a Link monster
This linked card cannot be targeted for an attack or card effects. You can banish 1 DARK Machine monster from your GY, then target 1 "Orcust" Spell/Trap in your GY; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Orcustral Forerunner" once per turn.

~An easy Link monster to go into that allows you to recur your Spells and Traps. Not at all a necessary addition, but nevertheless useful.

Archimedes, the Orcustral Design
DARK/Machine
Link 2   Left, Right
1500 ATK
~2 DARK Machine monsters
During the Standby Phase: you can activate 1 "Orcustrated Babel" from your GY, or if this card was Link Summoned during the last turn, you can activate it from your Deck instead. You can banish 1 DARK Machine monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 "World Legacy" monster from your Deck or GY to a zone this card points to. You can only use each effect of "Archimedes, the Orcustral Design once per turn.

~Archimedes. The grand designer. He is the only link with sideways pointing arrows, allowing for better use of Skeleton for opening up zones, and allows you to bring back Babel should it be removed. Also summons World Legacies

Orcustrated Assault
Continuous Trap
You can banish 1 "Orcust" or "World Legacy" monster from your GY, then target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Orcustrated Assault" once per turn.

~Just a overall strong trap. Provides fodder and destroys a card. In a pinch, can destroy Babel to trigger Archimedes

Please let me know what you all think. I know I would gladly add these cards into my Orcust deck, but maybe some of you wouldn't.

Orcust Metal Maestro is pretty good, not so much the fact it summons a link, but that it does so into the EMZ

One issue I had with the deck is that if you don't have a link in the EMZ you can only link to a monster they summon to their EMZ, this helps with that, also a little boost for World Legacy build since I was looking for ways to banish the Armor and Lance

Honestly didn't know what you were going for with Orcust Percussion Prowler until I read your notes, I agree running out of Links and Returns is annoying

Orcustral Forerunner is more good stuff, always hated how the Spells/Traps didn't recur themselves like the monsters. 

One thing though is that you can use itself as link material to dump a DARK machine into the GY for its own effect, personally, I'd recommend reworking it to avoid that

Funny enough, if you get 2 Forerunners out (and control no other monsters) your opponent can't attack anything

Archimedes, the Orcustral Design I don't like. The monsters already protect themselves from destruction in various ways, it's a link-2 but it's effect shuffles back 2 monsters instead of 1 like Galatea, and it's material don't line up with the rest of the links.

That said, it sets up Brass Bombard which is nice since it is the hardest to pull off. As a link 2 I will usually prefer to go into Galatea instead since the field spell is super important but after you have set up a Galatea this is a nice card to go into on your next turn when you have ample fodder for it's effect

Orcust Metal Maestro is pretty good, not so much the fact it summons a link, but that it does so into the EMZ

One issue I had with the deck is that if you don't have a link in the EMZ you can only link to a monster they summon to their EMZ, this helps with that, also a little boost for World Legacy build since I was looking for ways to banish the Armor and Lance

Honestly didn't know what you were going for with Orcust Percussion Prowler until I read your notes, I agree running out of Links and Returns is annoying

Orcustral Forerunner is more good stuff, always hated how the Spells/Traps didn't recur themselves like the monsters. 

One thing though is that you can use itself as link material to dump a DARK machine into the GY for its own effect, personally, I'd recommend reworking it to avoid that

Funny enough, if you get 2 Forerunners out (and control no other monsters) your opponent can't attack anything

Archimedes, the Orcustral Design I don't like. The monsters already protect themselves from destruction in various ways, it's a link-2 but it's effect shuffles back 2 monsters instead of 1 like Galatea, and it's material don't line up with the rest of the links.

That said, it sets up Brass Bombard which is nice since it is the hardest to pull off. As a link 2 I will usually prefer to go into Galatea instead since the field spell is super important but after you have set up a Galatea this is a nice card to go into on your next turn when you have ample fodder for it's effect

Thanks for the review!

You were spot on about Maestro. The only issues I have playing Orcusts other than the Spell/Trap recovery, is that you can't banish the cards you want, and you can't Summon Links into the EMZ. Maestro allows you to access new monsters during your opponent's turn, and lets you banish extra monsters for material. My favorite targets are Crown and Lance because, although they are really good cards and you should be playing them, once they're used, they're done. 

Prowler is just a recovery tool and an extra banish fodder. And if I worded it correctly, I think technically it can still shuffle back face-down banished, so Evenly Matched isn't as brutal. Still is tho

Forerunner is Forerunner. Changed it so it can't use Links, I think I just forgot to put that in. Also made it a Bottom Right arrow, just for contrast (And maybe lore. Forerunner might have been the first. Like Longirus' pet)

Archimedes' protection effect is a bit weird I know. The main idea was extra protection and protection for the Spell/Traps, but I know it's awkward. I wanted him to have a unique effect, but didn't know what. I do want to keep the 2 targets though. I know it doesn't match, but he searches any Orcust and that is already really good, since it makes Bombard pretty much always live, and with the new cards you'll have more options to make and use him. 

Side note: Was it ever shown how Babel was made? If not, I might consider changing the protection effect to something about Babel.

So! Quick update as I am changing card text and adding a new card:

Forerunner changed to a Bottom RIght arrow, and requires non-Link monsters to be Link Summoned

Archimedes changed. Complete overhaul. New effect to allow you to bring back Babel if it is sent to GY. New effect to banish Orcusts from Deck and Summon World Legacies. 

New Trap gives continuous banishment and destruction. Not much else to say, very good

Guess who loves Orcust too! :D 

Maestro is nice. Reminds me of my Link 2 actually, which does a similar thing. Glad it's a L8 for Trade-In
Percussion immediately strikes me as a weak card. True, it does help with the late-game plays, but I have personally never struggled with running out of Link bosses. Either I'd lose anyway from my opponent's probably far superior late-game board, or I'd just banish it with the Orcustrated Core and shuffle it back with whatever Links I have left. Perhaps draw a card to make it playable?

Forerunner is good. Not just good at what it does, but a really well designed Link 1. I was forced to use Linkuriboh in combination with Canon for Quick GY dumping and laddering from the hand, but this card works with any Orcust and is even better in the late-game when you have so many utilities at your fingertips. Also, GY adding is a must-have when you're only running 1 of everything except Babel and the Draw spell. Only potential downside is rendering Percussion even more useless by fulfilling the role of Core and potentially bringing it back too :P Maybe it would fit flavour better to Set to S/T Zone, but Babel adds to the hand, so maybe Galatea was just being weird.

Archmides is weird for a second Link 2. Effects are neat and all, and while I preferred the simplicity of the original 3 and your Forerunner, it stands out as an extraneous card so again, probably fine flavour-wise. What isn't fine is the fact that it SSs a World Legacy but needs 2 Orcusts >:( Like, I get that it fits Orcusts far more than World Legacies with a Babel effect and an Orcust banish requirement but you can't just play me like that come on. World Legacy turbo beatdown when

Assault is perhaps the weakest good card in this set, but it's fine like that. Another one-off trap that can be recycled with Forerunner, and does quick removal far by filling a niche lacking by most of the other Orcusts. Nice in tandem with Core and shuffling. Just one question; why would I want to destroy Babel? Archimedes either eats up your hand (which is great early game when you have too many Orcusts in hand but if you have enough resources to use the Trap then it shouldn't be a problem) or banishes, which Assault and Core and quite a few cards already do. I can understand him chaining to a well-timed Cosmic Cyclone, but is there any utility other than that?

Aside from Percussion, these are good cards that I'd probably all run, at least at 1. You certainly seem to know what you're doing when it comes to this archetype :P

Guess who loves Orcust too! :D

Maestro is nice. Reminds me of my Link 2 actually, which does a similar thing. Glad it's a L8 for Trade-In <3

Percussion immediately strikes me as a weak card. True, it does help with the late-game plays, but I have personally never struggled with running out of Link bosses. Either I'd lose anyway from my opponent's probably far superior late-game board, or I'd just banish it with the Orcustrated Core and shuffle it back with whatever Links I have left. Perhaps draw a card to make it playable?

Forerunner is good. Not just good at what it does, but a really well designed Link 1. I was forced to use Linkuriboh in combination with Canon for Quick GY dumping and laddering from the hand, but this card works with any Orcust and is even better in the late-game when you have so many utilities at your fingertips. Also, GY adding is a must-have when you're only running 1 of everything except Babel and the Draw spell. Only potential downside is rendering Percussion even more useless by fulfilling the role of Core and potentially bringing it back too :P Maybe it would fit flavour better to Set to S/T Zone, but Babel adds to the hand, so maybe Galatea was just being weird.

Archmides is weird for a second Link 2. Effects are neat and all, and while I preferred the simplicity of the original 3 and your Forerunner, it stands out as an extraneous card so again, probably fine flavour-wise. What isn't fine is the fact that it SSs a World Legacy but needs 2 Orcusts >:( Like, I get that it fits Orcusts far more than World Legacies with a Babel effect and an Orcust banish requirement but you can't just play me like that come on. World Legacy turbo beatdown when

Assault is perhaps the weakest good card in this set, but it's fine like that. Another one-off trap that can be recycled with Forerunner, and does quick removal far by filling a niche lacking by most of the other Orcusts. Nice in tandem with Core and shuffling. Just one question; why would I want to destroy Babel? Archimedes either eats up your hand (which is great early game when you have too many Orcusts in hand but if you have enough resources to use the Trap then it shouldn't be a problem) or banishes, which Assault and Core and quite a few cards already do. I can understand him chaining to a well-timed Cosmic Cyclone, but is there any utility other than that?

Aside from Percussion, these are good cards that I'd probably all run, at least at 1. You certainly seem to know what you're doing when it comes to this archetype :P

Thanks for the awesome review!

Maestro was spot on, same with Forerunner.

Prowler was made with the intent of recovering your spell/traps, but with Forerunner I guess you don't need it. Prowler will be receiving a complete overhaul

Archimedes was a miss. I will be giving him a slight change of effect to make a bit more unique, but also a better fit in the deck

Changes have been made!

Prowler completely rewritten. Instead of recovering all of your cards, Prowler now lets you shuffle banished Orcust monsters, but more importantly, using their effects twice in the same turn!

Archimedes reworked to better embody the lore behind him - the designer of Babel, and the first Orcust. As old as the Legacies themselves, Archimedes has slight control of the strange devices and can construct and reconstruct Babel each turn!

Archived