Custom Cards: Necrons

Neotheperfect

Warrior: Revival effect will rarely active with this guys unless you have Lynchguard which is not the worse thing ever. but the archetype don't have consistent resource gather and summon effect so for now its not that good

Lynchguard: well the classic attack prevention that if you manage to have 2 of it will create lock. same case as Warrior, its not that bad but lack of synergy card worsen its overall value

Immortal: well at least we have Rescue Rabbit or Unexpected Dai play here. though sadly not much

Praetorian: Way too specific immunity. Traps are no longer used much this meta making this worse than your Necron Warrior in fact

Lord: Too costly for just ATK booster that also even more costly by sac-ing fellow member or even itself after attacks.

Scarab: not good. as you still need to search and summon fellow scarab. in which, will (given the current pool of cards) be to late

Spider: i kinda forgot the interaction of this card so its either eventually only summon 1 monster or the summoned monster can summon another copy due still in the same end phase timing granting 3 spider in one go. either way seems risky and dont contribute much board other than big stat that easy to fall on removal.

Destroyer: 2300 stat that can 6 times seems scary at first but given this card doesn't power-up the board state. i guess its fine?

Monolith: so you want this in Defense position first hoping to opponent is forced to ram this card so it can gain stat. based on the current understanding of wording (in which all of them need fixes) this basically only forced your enemy monster to attack if they ever attack making it unreliable. unless of course the wording its "Monster your opponent control must attack this card if able". 

Deathmark: Spell/Trap removal effect is not as potent as its used to be due to hand trap. on top of that this actually active only on your turn for lacking (quick effect) while also cost you battle phase. not really worth it unfortunately

Flayed: Too specific. not good

Rest: Impossible to be activated. how do both player knows that the face-down monster are the Necrons? since effects that specify card trait must be checked by both players to validate that its indeed the trait specified which is not apply when that card can't show its trait (being face down).

Age of Steel: Summon Sickness effect is nice and all to prevent OTK. but not much given this archetype lack of resource management effect. need more effects

Protocol: its slow and relied on luck. while i like luck based card this is not one i find to be my liking for the previous reason.

Annihilation: not much. just simple ATK boost

Legion: Too many stat booster card that either costly or don't actually reinforced plays. making this archetype to easy to be played around. this is  the 2nd weakest of them all after rest

Warrior: Revival effect will rarely active with this guys unless you have Lynchguard which is not the worse thing ever. but the archetype don't have consistent resource gather and summon effect so for now its not that good

Lynchguard: well the classic attack prevention that if you manage to have 2 of it will create lock. same case as Warrior, its not that bad but lack of synergy card worsen its overall value

Immortal: well at least we have Rescue Rabbit or Unexpected Dai play here. though sadly not much

Praetorian: Way too specific immunity. Traps are no longer used much this meta making this worse than your Necron Warrior in fact

Lord: Too costly for just ATK booster that also even more costly by sac-ing fellow member or even itself after attacks.

Scarab: not good. as you still need to search and summon fellow scarab. in which, will (given the current pool of cards) be to late

Spider: i kinda forgot the interaction of this card so its either eventually only summon 1 monster or the summoned monster can summon another copy due still in the same end phase timing granting 3 spider in one go. either way seems risky and dont contribute much board other than big stat that easy to fall on removal.

Destroyer: 2300 stat that can 6 times seems scary at first but given this card doesn't power-up the board state. i guess its fine?

Monolith: so you want this in Defense position first hoping to opponent is forced to ram this card so it can gain stat. based on the current understanding of wording (in which all of them need fixes) this basically only forced your enemy monster to attack if they ever attack making it unreliable. unless of course the wording its "Monster your opponent control must attack this card if able".

Deathmark: Spell/Trap removal effect is not as potent as its used to be due to hand trap. on top of that this actually active only on your turn for lacking (quick effect) while also cost you battle phase. not really worth it unfortunately

Flayed: Too specific. not good

Rest: Impossible to be activated. how do both player knows that the face-down monster are the Necrons? since effects that specify card trait must be checked by both players to validate that its indeed the trait specified which is not apply when that card can't show its trait (being face down).

Age of Steel: Summon Sickness effect is nice and all to prevent OTK. but not much given this archetype lack of resource management effect. need more effects

Protocol: its slow and relied on luck. while i like luck based card this is not one i find to be my liking for the previous reason.

Annihilation: not much. just simple ATK boost

Legion: Too many stat booster card that either costly or don't actually reinforced plays. making this archetype to easy to be played around. this is the 2nd weakest of them all after rest

Ah i appreciate the feedback! I’ll take note of everything you said and I’ll seek to make the problem areas more viable.

to answer your question about the necron warriors ability, the Necron lord needs to tribute one necron to attack. And since necron Warriors can come back to the field at the end phases when they go to the graveyard due to an effect, this I thought would count for synergy.

Hmmm I think you make very valid and convincing points for Monolth and Rest, they need a rework I believe. as for the other spells and traps, this deck is primarily a heavy attacking one, so the effects cards reflect that while having other such as Age of Steel or Deathmarks to remove pesky variables along the way that aren’t monsters themselves. As monster cards will usually be dealt with amongst heir evergrowing attack power.

And the Monolith’s idea was to be a defensive bastion that allows you to set up many cards while they try to breach through it’s thick defenses, along with some nifty battle damage the first time they attack it. And with it, and Age of steel there, they could only attack the monolith and after the turn their monsters are summoned. This leaves a window and a wall for them to breach, allowing you to hide behind it and form a legion of forces behind it that can still attack and not be attacked

Well at least we now know the goal of the archetype. So now its only matter to create/reworking a common synergy with a complete card advantage effect

Theres quite a lot to adress though so ill be random and fix this following first:

to answer your question about the necron warriors ability, the Necron lord needs to tribute one necron to attack. And since necron Warriors can come back to the field at the end phases when they go to the graveyard due to an effect, this I thought would count for synergy.

if that the case the effect of Warrior Should be:

"During the End Phase, If this card in your GY because it sent from the field by card effect and sent there this turn: Special Summon this card from your GY"

Well at least we now know the goal of the archetype. So now its only matter to create/reworking a common synergy with a complete card advantage effect

Theres quite a lot to adress though so ill be random and fix this following first:

if that the case the effect of Warrior Should be:

"During the End Phase, If this card in your GY because it sent from the field by card effect and sent there this turn: Special Summon this card from your GY"

Hmmm I agree that ‘return this card to the field’ should be replaced by ‘Special summon this Card to field’ due to confusing wording, but other than that, it seems to match up

Archived