Ringhost Archetype (14/14)

Atypical-Abbie

Ringhost is an Archetype of Zombie/EARTH Union/Spirit monsters with various Levels. They focus on returning themselves from the field to the hand and equipping mechanics. As they are both Spirit and Union monsters, they play into this combination of mechanics, so they can still be Special Summoned by their own effect. Each of them has the same effects, a normal Union effect and protection, as well as the End Phase return to the hand of Spirit monsters, then an effect that allows you to equip them when they return during the End Phase, and some unique effect to them.

They have other ways of returning to the hand too, like Chapel of Eternity, which allows you to reset a Union monster or make a Normal Summoned monster into an Equip and then Special Summoning it with its effect. Chapel of Eternity also is able to boost them quite a lot, as it gains Ringhost Counters when using that effect, which boosts all your monsters by 500 ATK/DEF for each on it.

Reaper is their offensive card, which is able to take out 1 card your opponent controls and in their hand by giving up an Equip Card equipped to it, and as a Level 5, has the most ATK/DEF of them all, but while they may not seem fast due to their nature, under the right circumstances, you can easily make a decent field that has both protection and offensive capabilities.

Their name is a portmanteau of Ring and Ghost, relating to the fact that they equip themselves to each other like putting on a ring, and of course them being Zombies, but also that they are based around marriage, as the custom of giving your partner a ring is common. I'll admit that finding a theme wasn't too easy at first, I knew that I wanted a Union Archetype based around rings, so I had tried not only Ringhost, but also Ringlory that was going to be Fairy based, but I wasn't sure what else to do with that, but landed on the marriage theme because the idea of a Zombie Archetype based around rings and marriage was too weird not to do.

Main Deck Monsters:

Ringhost Apparition
Zombie/EARTH/Spirit/Union
Level 1
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Apparition" once per turn
● If this card is returned from the field to the hand: You can target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target.
● When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can return this card to your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.
0/0

Ringhost Spirit
Level 4
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Spirit" once per turn
● If this card is returned from the field to the hand: You can target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target.
● You can discard this card; add 1 "Ringhost" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Ringhost Spirit", also you cannot cards from your Deck to your hand for the rest of the turn, except by drawing them.
1500/1500

Ringhost Zombie
Level 4
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Zombie" once per turn
● If this card is in your hand or GY: You can target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; Special Summon this card and return that target to the hand.
1000/2000

Ringhost Geist
Level 4
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Geist" once per turn
● If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 "Ringhost" card in your Spell & Trap Zone; return it to your hand, then Special Summon this card from your hand.
1400/1900

Ringhost Reborn
Level 4
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Reborn" once per turn
● If this card is in your hand or GY: You can send 1 "Ringhost" Equip Card you control to the GY; Special Summon this card.
1800/500

Ringhost Ghoul
Level 4
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Ghoul" once per turn
● You can send this Equip Card to the GY, then target 1 "Ringhost" card in your GY or you control, except "Ringhost Ghoul"; return it to your hand.
1600/1200

Ringhost Reaper
Level 5
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Apparition" once per turn
● You can send 1 Equip Card equipped to this card to the GY; destroy 1 card your opponent controls and/or 1 random card in their hand.
2000/2000

Extra Deck Monsters:

Ringhost Necrofather
Spellcaster/DARK/Link
Link Arrows: Bottom Left, Left, Right
3 Union, Spirit, Gemini, Flip, Toon and/or Tuner monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can draw cards, equal to the number of different kinds of monsters (Union, Spirit, Gemini, Flip, Toon or Tuner) used for this card's Link Summon, also you cannot add cards from your Deck to your hand for the rest of this turn by drawing them. You can only use each of these effects of "Ringhost Necrofather" once per turn depending on the kind of monster it points to.
● Union monster: You can target 1 appropriate Union monster in your GY or among your banished monsters; equip it to this card, also, after that, discard 1 card.
● Spirit monster: During the End Phase: You can target 1 Spirit monster in your GY; place it on top of your Deck OR add it to your hand,  also, after that, discard 1 card.
● Gemini, Flip, Toon or Tuner: During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 Gemini, Flip, Toon or Tuner monster from your hand or GY, but it has its effects negated, also, after that, discard 1 card.
2500/LINK-3

Spells/Traps:

Ringhost Chapel of Eternity
Field Spell
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Ringhost" monster or Equip Card you control; return it to the hand, then place 1 Ringhost Counter on this card. All "Ringhost" monsters you control gain 500 ATK/DEF for each Ringhost Counter on this card. During the End Phase, if exactly 1 "Ringhost" monster would be returned to your hand, you can remove 1 Ringhost Counter from this card instead.

Ringhost Marital Unity 
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Ringhost" monster in your GY and 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip the first target to the second target. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Ringhost" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). While a "Ringhost" monster is equipped with an Equip Card, it cannot be targeted by or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. You can only activate 1 "Ringhost Marital Unity" per turn.

Ringhost Monstrous Proposal
Quick-Play Spell
Target 2 "Ringhost" monsters you control; equip the first target to the second target, and if you do, those targets cannot be destroyed by card effects, banished or returned to the hand, Deck or Extra Deck until the end of this turn. If this card is in your GY: You can banish 2 "Ringhost" monsters from your GY, then target 1 "Ringhost" Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it to your field, also it can be activated this turn. You can only use each effect of "Ringhost Monstrous Proposal" once per turn.

Ringhost Resurrected Marriage
Equip Spell
Activate by targeting 1 "Ringhost" monster in your GY; Special Summon it from your GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and equip it with this card. Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, if it battles an opponent's face-up monster: You can return both battling monsters to the hand. During the End Phase, unless the equipped card is equipped with another "Ringhost" Equip Card, return it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Ringhost Resurrected Marriage" per turn.

Ringhost Wedding Deathbed
Normal Spell
Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control that is not equipped with an Equip Card; equip 1 appropriate Zombie Union monster from your Deck to that monster, but the Union monster you equipped cannot be Special Summoned this turn. While that card is equipped to that target, it cannot be equipped with other Equip Cards. You can only activate 1 "Ringhost Wedding Deathbed" per turn.

Ringhost Bond of Attachment
Normal Trap

Target 1 "Ringhost" monster you control; equip this card to that target. It cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. While this card is equipped to a monster, if that monster would be returned to the hand by an effect, you can return this card instead. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 "Ringhost" card in your GY, except "Ringhost Bond of Attachment"; add it to your hand.

Ringhost is an Archetype of Zombie/EARTH Union/Spirit monsters with various Levels. They focus on returning themselves from the field to the hand and equipping mechanics. As they are both Spirit and Union monsters, they play into this combination of mechanics, so they can still be Special Summoned by their own effect. Each of them has the same effects, a normal Union effect and protection, as well as the End Phase return to the hand of Spirit monsters, then an effect that allows you to equip them when they return during the End Phase, and some unique effect to them.

Imediately like the sound of this seems creative AF; Kind of reminds me like a glad beast special summon engine except with equipping and from the hand! 

Okay, so lets get started! 

Base Effect Review: So from what I can gather from reading the basic archetype effect is that instead of returning it straight to the hand you can either equip it (then Special summon it next turn if you dont combo it off with monster/ spell trap effects) or return it to the hand to further utilise the archetype, drawing cards and adding what you need to your hand (correct me if I am wrong!) Really like this idea, especially as you will still get a normal summon ontop of a special summon  if you are able to keep an equipped monster on the field (that I think might be a slight issue; will explain more as we go through) this will allow multiple link/ synchro/ xyz capabilities which would be really cool. Another thing to note is they fit the zombie type in a different way but I am sure you can still utilise most zombie support with the archetype which would be really cool to see!

Monsters:

Ringhost Apparition: Okay so the draw discard effect is nice, gets un wanted cards into your grave and allows you to hopefully draw more into what you need! the fact that you have kept the cost the same means you cannot abuse this cards effect too much unless you had something that returned to your hand when it would be discarded (could be a cool combo to look into!) The fact you can activate this effect probably twice a turn with the support from Ringhost Zombie! Because of this I really like the fact you have kept its level and ATK DEF stat as low as possible to stop it being used as anything other than link support or to draw cards.

Ringhost Spirit: you forgot to put add in the cards secondary effect!!! Balanced again; Its obvious you have thought about if from a playing perspective. This card allows you to set up your big combo (probably to get the field spell or reaper into hand.) the restriction stops you grabbing anything else unless you are popping apparitions effect which keeps it nicely balanced. 

Ringhost Zombie: The catalyst, I assume designed to help cycle apparition plays? (pops the draw, goes into this card then activates Ringhost Marital Unity to equip apparition and special summon it to get another draw off?) Not that great of a card on its own however the nice chunks 2000 def stat aids it but with future link support I assume coming from this archetype it will be very useful into creating key combos to get mass special summons off!

Ringhost Reborn: I like this card although I would change its effect to a (Quick Effect:) to activate it in your opponents turn. Again waiting for the link support to really make an opinion on this card! it does set up the board quite nicely being able to be special summoned from either hand or gy!

Ringhost Reaper: da boss monster at the moment! Really like its effect; destroy and discard can be painful for anyone. ATK and DEF kept low I assume because of the field spell! only thing I am worried about this card is having its effect negated because without it it doesn't really have that presence unless the field spell has multiple counters stacked!

Ringhost Chapel of Eternity: I am all for field spells that REALLY support an archetype and this is definitely one of them! allows you to return equips to the hand to pull off a normal summon to recycle their effects, gives you a 500 atk point boost each time and has the ability to keep the cards on the field. If you can find a way to stack counters very quickly could definately hav otk potential (although I can tell that is not the route you are going down by reapers effect!)

Ringhost Marital Unity: the glue to the archetype, allows you to get off multiple effects and protects your cards! Also Searchable with spirit which is very nice. the limit to once per turn is needed! I would also add their can only be one ringhost marital unit; one because i think this card would be absoloutely abused if you had 2 face up. 2) its on about maritial unity, you are only intended to get married once so that would match the theme of the card :) 

Ringhost Wedding Deathbed: nice basic but does the job. This card would be mostly used for turn one set ups and to get combos popping as you can search any card from the deck (possibly spirit then SS into a draw?) 

Ringhost Bond of Attachment: so this card provides a monster with one turn immunity until it gets returned to the hand? you can then keep cycling this to keep the boss monster on the field? although you wont be able to use it the turn straight after as you wouldnt be able to set it until mp1 of your next turn! final effect is nice as this card will definitely be a target as it will be basically a wall until your opponent final destroys it then you can add spirit to your hand and recycle the combo!

If I have got this review completely wrong I apologise; Its quite a complex archetype to understand unless you practise with it a bit first! Other than that really like this sets creativity and it is obvious alot of effort went into creating it!

~MK

Archived