Guest BGMCANN0N

Extraliber, the Future Vassal
LIGHT
[Psychic/ Link/ Effect]
Link Number 1
Link Markers: ⬆ (N)
ATK/ 800

1 monster

When this card is Link Summoned, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, activate 1 of these effects based on the Level of the monster used as Material for this card's Summon, also, you cannot Special Summon other monsters from the Extra Deck this turn.

• Level 4 or lower: Normal Summon 1 Level 5 or 6 monster without Tributing (This is treated as a Tribute Summon.)
  • Level 5 or higher: Normal Summon 1 Level 7 or higher monster without Tributing (This is treated as a Tribute Summon.)

[spoiler=Support To]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Monarch

[spoiler=Derivitive Of]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vassal

[spoiler=Wordplay]Extra + (Caliber- "ca") = Portmanteau, also closely resembling the pronunciation of word "Excalibur".

[spoiler=Intent]To give not only Monarchs an alternative use from their no Extra Deck variants, but also to serve as a generic for any Deck that may run Level 5 or higher monsters. With a cost, of course: the further use of the Extra Deck.

[spoiler=Edit Log]11/25: Made it lock you from Special Summoning other Extra Deck monsters as oppose to further Extra Deck monsters. And partitioned the bullet effects.

I like this. Sure, it's pointing upwards. The least ideal direction for a Link Monster to be pointing to unless it ensued a negative effect to your opponent. But I guess that's the trade-off for another Normal Summon. With Monarchs if they don't happen to get the Vassal or set-up that you wanted (like the name suggests). So it's not like this guy's always going to point upwards. Could just use it for a Tribute Summon.

Extraliber, the Future Vassal

LIGHT

[Psychic/ Link/ Effect]

Link Number 1

Link Markers: ⬆ (N)

ATK/ 800

1 monster

When this card is Link Summoned, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, activate 1 of these effects based on the Level of the monster used as Material for this card's Summon, also, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn.

Level 4 or lower: Normal Summon 1 Level 5 or 6 monster without Tributing (This is treated as a Tribute Summon.)

Level 5 or higher: Normal Summon 1 Level 7 or higher monster without Tributing (This is treated as a Tribute Summon.)

This might help seperate the effects. Because essentially, tributing a lv1 allows me to use either effect and thus makes this great BEWD support. So dividing the effects with a level barrier might help. Because now if I wanna Normal summon a lv6 or lower, my tribute has to lv4 or lower. But if I wanna summon Blue-Eyes, I have to get rid of a lv5 or higher. Hope this helps. I really like the card but I didn't see any real seperation in the effects.

I'm sorry, but as a Link 1, this is too good.

Even if it had no effect, it would be far too powerful, as a Link 1 is an insta-send from the field to the GY, and we all know cards just want to get there these days. It's an easy enabler for Orcust, BA, replacing a Scapegoat token for different names so Knightmares are more accessible, etc. The concept of a Link 1 is just very tricky to get right.

Suggestion: Make the effect mandatory so you're always losing your ED after Summoning this bad boy. Make it a risk to Summon and gain the benefits of in a generic environment. But yeah, agree with Horu's suggestion as well to differentiate the pair, and its power in Monarchs is balanced by the fact that you have to use an ED in the first place, hurting Monarch's certain cards.

To be fair, you're probably only gonna be using that lv4 or lower effect anyway since nobody in the right mind would drop a big monster for what is essentially an 800 atk monster after you get it's effect. Simply not worth dropping a lv5 or higher for a monster that will either be link material or trampled. Now a link monster that could possibly serve as 3 tributes would probably be incredibly useful as it would speed up the god cards and gilfor the lightning. But something that requires the drop of a big monster for the sake of an effect and to linked away immediately would simply not be worth it.

Guest BGMCANN0N

To be fair, you're probably only gonna be using that lv4 or lower effect anyway since nobody in the right mind would drop a big monster for what is essentially an 800 atk monster after you get it's effect. Simply not worth dropping a lv5 or higher for a monster that will either be link material or trampled. Now a link monster that could possibly serve as 3 tributes would probably be incredibly useful as it would speed up the god cards and gilfor the lightning. But something that requires the drop of a big monster for the sake of an effect and to linked away immediately would simply not be worth it.

Well that also does depend how expendable the "big" monster is... I mean there are Level 5 or higher stuff that bring themselves out without much hassle like Cyber_Dragon , Apprentice_Illusion_Magician , Destiny_HERO_-_Malicious , etc. And there are a few monsters that can modify their own Levels to be Level 5 or higher like Gagaga_Magician , and Chronomaly_Golden_Jet .

There are possibilities laid out given how splashable I decided to make this thing.

Edit: Also, made some fixes in response to your guys' feedback. Edit Log slapped up in original post for details.

Archived