Volcanic Doomelder (Pyro over Pointers)

Black D'Sceptyr

volcanic_doomfist_by_bdsceptyr-dcsiaxp.p

[spoiler=Volcanic Doomelder: Info]

FIRE/Pyro-Type Link Effect Monster/Link-2/1700 ATK 

Lore: 2 monsters, including a Pyro monster

All Level 3 or higher Pyro monsters in your hand lose 2 Levels. Each turn, the first time each Pyro monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, it is not destroyed. If this card is in your GY: You can target any number of "Blaze Accelerator" cards with different names that are either banished or in your GY; shuffle those cards and this card from the GY into the Deck, then draw that many cards -1. You can only use this effect of "Volcanic Doomelder" once per Duel.

See, its funny because Archetype Links that don't ladder are usually placed in the unsleeved in the bargain folder-position these days even if its Summoning conditions are balls-off-the-wall easy.

However, I did make this to recycle one of the less recyclable resources the Deck has to offer, and I'm thinking of simply making it mill that many Pyros instead of draw that many cards. But between the protection and pushing a lot more of the Pyros into Normal Summonable conditions, I'm trying to play it safe. Lemme know if it was too safe.

Until the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

Okay so the first effect in my opinion wouldnt really matter that much as you will be recycling shell and scattershot to do your destruction and using rocket to cycle blaze accelerators which it can only do summoned (hen ce you wouldnt really use it to activate blaze accelerators effect) the plus side of this though is that you are able to summon volcanic hammerer for free and get a nice bit of chip effect damage off! the next effect would really benefit keeping that line of defence if you were going to use volcanic in a way to justify keeping hammerer on the field/ summoning multiple to keep consistent pressure on your opponent! I think the final effect is a bit overpowered as people would abuse the draw mechanic however the fact that no one really runs volcanic might see it played more (in a control deck fashion!) If you weren't set on making it specifically blaze accelerator related I would add a  different last effect (something like this: If this card is in your GY: target any number of 'Volcanic' monsters that are banished; shuffle those cards and this card from the GY into the Deck, then inflict 200 LP of damage x the number of cards returned. )

This effect makes it more specific to the monster recovery factor of this deck and has a similar effect to hammerer that could be really shine with this cards effects! (just an idea obviously if you are set on this cards main focus being to recycle blaze accelerators than stick with it!) 

~MK

Archived