[Written] Knight of Spark

o_smily

Knight of Spark

FIRE
Warrior/Effect

Level 4 - 1800 / 1200

If a card or effect is activated that would add a card from the Deck or GY to your hand: You can add this card from your Deck or GY to your hand instead. If you add a card from your Deck or GY to your hand, except "Knight of Spark": You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Interesting, but I have a couple questions regarding if it works as intended.

Did you intend to allow each effect to work under each condition?  As in, is it supposed to be able to add itself from GY to hand if you add from deck (or vice versa)?  Or is it supposed to replace whatever thing was being used (if you would search from deck, this can get searched instead.  If you add from GY, this can get added instead)?

Regardless, the other question is did you intend to allow it to SS itself off its first effect?  I'm pretty sure its first effect triggers its SS effect because it is already in your hand when the second condition checks to see if adding a card from your Deck/GY to hand was fulfilled.

Overall, as it is written now, this card is really interesting.  The main issue, imo, is that it would simply facilitate more Gouki/FTK plays, but outside of that, this could be interesting as a means of trading something like Upstart Goblin or Toon Table for a free level 4 monster on board.  Plus, since it recurs, you'd never need to play more than 1 at any given time.

Interesting, but I have a couple questions regarding if it works as intended.

Did you intend to allow each effect to work under each condition?  As in, is it supposed to be able to add itself from GY to hand if you add from deck (or vice versa)?  Or is it supposed to replace whatever thing was being used (if you would search from deck, this can get searched instead.  If you add from GY, this can get added instead)?

Regardless, the other question is did you intend to allow it to SS itself off its first effect?  I'm pretty sure its first effect triggers its SS effect because it is already in your hand when the second condition checks to see if adding a card from your Deck/GY to hand was fulfilled.

Overall, as it is written now, this card is really interesting.  The main issue, imo, is that it would simply facilitate more Gouki/FTK plays, but outside of that, this could be interesting as a means of trading something like Upstart Goblin or Toon Table for a free level 4 monster on board.  Plus, since it recurs, you'd never need to play more than 1 at any given time.

I didn't realize that the card could be Special Summoned by its first effect; I wanted to slow down the card a little so it wouldn't be too unfair. Should I switch the effects around (if that would actually do anything)? I might just reword the text however. In response to your first question: there is no restriction as to whether you can add from the GY from an effect that adds from the Deck or vice versa. I don't believe that there are any cards that could abuse this monster if the effect allows more versatility, but I could be wrong. If so I'll change it.

Thank you for your feedback. Any other suggestions?

Knight of Spark

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

Level 4 - 1800 / 1200

If a card or effect is activated that would add a card from the Deck or GY to your hand: You can add this card from your Deck or GY to your hand instead. If you add a card except for "Knight of Spark" from your Deck or GY to your hand: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Hope this helps with the fix.

Knight of Spark

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

Level 4 - 1800 / 1200

If a card or effect is activated that would add a card from the Deck or GY to your hand: You can add this card from your Deck or GY to your hand instead. If you add a card except for "Knight of Spark" from your Deck or GY to your hand: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Hope this helps with the fix.

That should help; thank you.

Well, we technically don't have any god tier links yet. It would be awesome to see one sometime. Then again, not even the god cards are god tier in this game. But I'm working on another project.

I just felt a little compelled to help with this card a bit.

Remove the parenthesis from "(from hand)" and the text should be good.

Not a fan of effects that activate from the deck. I feel it's like opening a can of worms. Can you imagine the game turning into duels where hands are not as relevant because everything activates from the Deck? Like hand traps on a whole new level. Although in this card's case it doesn't seem overpowering, and has a condition to be fulfilled so it's not like you can activate it at any time.

Oh by the way, you most likely need both effects to be (Quick Effect).

Remove the parenthesis from "(from hand)" and the text should be good.

Not a fan of effects that activate from the deck. I feel it's like opening a can of worms. Can you imagine the game turning into duels where hands are not as relevant because everything activates from the Deck? Like hand traps on a whole new level. Although in this card's case it doesn't seem overpowering, and has a condition to be fulfilled so it's not like you can activate it at any time.

Oh by the way, you most likely need both effects to be (Quick Effect).

Thanks for suggesting the Quick Effects, but is there a reason to remove the parentheses from this particular text? I don't doubt you, I would just like to know.

Archived