The Vanilla Flag

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

The Vanilla Flag
[Normal Spell]

Reveal any number of non-Pendulum Normal monsters from your hand and then place them on the bottom of Deck in any order, then draw cards equal to the number of cards you placed +1. You can only activate 1 "The Vanilla Flag" per turn.

[spoiler=Concept]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flag

Essentially it would portray the white flag of surrender. Normal Monsters are unofficially dubbed "vanilla". Vanilla tends to be associated with the color white so... Yeah. Also, in context with the effect, the Normal Monsters are surrendering their spot in your hand.

[spoiler=Intent]To make a mulligan card for Normal Monsters that would actually work well with Rescue Rabbit in particular.

So kind of like Reload, Magical Mallet, and Moray of Greed. In this case with Normal Monsters. However, given the type of card you place at the bottom of the Deck, I think that justifies the +1 for the draw. Sure, there's a few non-Pendulum Normal Monsters that stick out from the rest. Like World Chalice. But even so, I think the balance should be fine. You don't lose anything and you don't really gain anything. It's sort of like a mulligan.

Simple but effective. IDK if it should require at least 3 vanillas to limit this card to vanilla-centric decks. Then again, if you are running 1~3 vanillas for Rabbit or Brilliant Fusion, you may not want to run this either as its chances of ending up dead are high.

I'm pondering if it can get away without a hard OPT clause. No hard OPT would allow you to dig into your deck faster, but as long as you keep drawing vanillas.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Simple but effective. IDK if it should require at least 3 vanillas to limit this card to vanilla-centric decks. Then again, if you are running 1~3 vanillas for Rabbit or Brilliant Fusion, you may not want to run this either as its chances of ending up dead are high.

I'm pondering if it can get away without a hard OPT clause. No hard OPT would allow you to dig into your deck faster, but as long as you keep drawing vanillas.

If only Exodia FTK wasn't a thing... I think I could manage with no hard once per turn. Always the kicker with draw power... :/

If only Exodia FTK wasn't a thing... I think I could manage with no hard once per turn. Always the kicker with draw power... :/

i dont think you should worry about it since from how its works this card is actually AGAINTS the way exodia ftk thin their deck. Besides the only thing that hold that deck is Library which already broken by its own

Archived