Fishspam (Needs refining)

Conflicted

So, I've attempted to remake and modernise a deck I used to play a fair bit before I stopped for years but it needs work still. Can anyone help with refining it?

[spoiler=v1][spoiler=db image]f0wYTjA.png

Main Deck

3x Superancient Deapsea King Coalecanth

3x Rainbow Fish

3x Space Mambo

3x Rescue Rabbit

3x Metabo-Shark

2x Double-Fin Shark

2x Silent Angler

1x XYZ Remora

2x Big Wave, Small Wave

2x Moray of Greed

2x Mausoleum of the Emperor

2x Magical Mallet

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

3x Fish Depth Charge

3x Mirror Force

2x Drowning Mirror Force

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra Deck (This is a mess at the moment, really not totally sure what to use)

1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

2x Full Armoured Black Ray Lancer

1x Bahamut Shark

1x Evilswarm Ouroboros

1x Number 101: Silent Honour ARK

1x Evilswarm Extinction Knight

1x Number 32: Shark Drake

1x Mistar Boy

1x Borrelsword Dragon

1x Firewall Dragon

1x Gaia Sabre, the Lightning Shadow

1x Saryuja Skull Dread

1x Topologic Bomber Dragon

1x Triple Burst Dragon

[spoiler=v2][spoiler=db image]Xp5v3dy.png

Main Deck

3x Superancient Deepsea King Coaelecanth

3x Oyster Meister

3x Metabo-Shark

3x Double-Fin Shark

2x Silent Angler

2x XYZ Remora

1x Hammer Shark

2x Saber Shark

1x White Stingray

2x Big Wave, Small Wave

2x Moray of Greed

2x Magical Mallet

1x Monster Reborn

1x Soul Charge

2x Mausoleum of the Emperor

1x Raigeki

2x Salvage

2x Fish Depth Charge

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Torrential Reborn

3x Mirror Force

2x Drowning Mirror Force

Extra Deck

1x Knightmare Cerberus

2x Mistar Boy

1x Borrelsword Dragon

1x Firewall Dragon

1x Topologic Bomber Dragon

2x Number 47: Nightmare Shark

1x Bahamut Shark

1x Number 32: Shark Drake

1x Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark

1x Evilswarm Ouroboros

1x Evilswarm Extinction Knight

1x Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon

I feel like I might be on the right track now with v2. Still could do with some tweaking and a bit more search/draw power. Might also be a good idea to fit another link 1 or 2 in there if there's any good ones. It's a damn shame White Salvation isn't properly legal but it's getting there.

I think the main issue is that Fish is such an under-supported type that even though Coelacanth is 100% worth building a deck around, it is not practically searchable and getting it to the field is still a pain.  If you don't mind trying out some OCG cards though, I think "Mermail Abysslacia" (Link monster), and "White Salvation" (Continuous Spell) are worth looking into.

I might also recommend refining your build to be more control/defensive.  Until you get out Coelacanth, you're probably only outputting 2 monsters normally, so you don't have much combo potential or anything.  Torrential Tribute/Blind Obliteration and Rivalry of Warlords/Gozen Match are good cards to keep your opponent's plays slow and White Salvation can keep giving you cards back so you can make plays every turn (recycle "Double Fin Shark" for a free 2 monsters every turn?).

Some good Link 2s might be important since that's the normal amount of monsters you're probably going to summon every turn.  Knightmare Phoenix and Cerberus are good generic cards that can help deal with problem cards. You can replace Gaia Saber + Triple Burst Dragon.

You could also use some power cards to potentially help summon more monsters/remove opponent's monsters.  Soul Charge would probably be really helpful in getting resources for you to summon Coelacanth, Monster Reborn is almost always good, and Super Polymerization can help you get rid of some of your opponent's more annoying monsters.

I could suggest other things, but I'd first want to know what direction you want to take your deck.  Good luck!

I think the main issue is that Fish is such an under-supported type that even though Coelacanth is 100% worth building a deck around, it is not practically searchable and getting it to the field is still a pain.  If you don't mind trying out some OCG cards though, I think "Mermail Abysslacia" (Link monster), and "White Salvation" (Continuous Spell) are worth looking into.

I might also recommend refining your build to be more control/defensive.  Until you get out Coelacanth, you're probably only outputting 2 monsters normally, so you don't have much combo potential or anything.  Torrential Tribute/Blind Obliteration and Rivalry of Warlords/Gozen Match are good cards to keep your opponent's plays slow and White Salvation can keep giving you cards back so you can make plays every turn (recycle "Double Fin Shark" for a free 2 monsters every turn?).

Some good Link 2s might be important since that's the normal amount of monsters you're probably going to summon every turn.  Knightmare Phoenix and Cerberus are good generic cards that can help deal with problem cards. You can replace Gaia Saber + Triple Burst Dragon.

You could also use some power cards to potentially help summon more monsters/remove opponent's monsters.  Soul Charge would probably be really helpful in getting resources for you to summon Coelacanth, Monster Reborn is almost always good, and Super Polymerization can help you get rid of some of your opponent's more annoying monsters.

I could suggest other things, but I'd first want to know what direction you want to take your deck.  Good luck!

Currently the max I can usually get out without Coalecanth is 3 between Rabbit's effect and Double-Fin.

Mostly the idea is just to swarm the field with fish and go into quick extras. I'm determined to make it work heh.

Will look into everyone's suggestions and make some changes soon.

Edit: Would prefer to avoid OCG though.

Edit 2: v2 is up.

What I like doing with this deck is going a monster mash route with Fishborgs and Nimbles for Synchro spam, fuelled by 3 copies of Sekka's Light. Sekka's Light isn't 100% essential if you're going with lots of monsters, but I like as it's a great consistency card and the card advantage is really useful. Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju and True King Bahrastos act as removal that you would otherwise lack, as well as just being extra Summons. Bahrastos also acts as GY set-up for your Fishborgs or Nimble Angler. White Stingray is another easy Special Summon.

A few Frogs and Toads also work well in the deck.

Also I recommend 3 Mistar Boy as you can OTK with 3 of them with the Coelacanth inbetween them, which is funny.

What I like doing with this deck is going a monster mash route with Fishborgs and Nimbles for Synchro spam, fuelled by 3 copies of Sekka's Light. Sekka's Light isn't 100% essential if you're going with lots of monsters, but I like as it's a great consistency card and the card advantage is really useful. Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju and True King Bahrastos act as removal that you would otherwise lack, as well as just being extra Summons. Bahrastos also acts as GY set-up for your Fishborgs or Nimble Angler. White Stingray is another easy Special Summon.

A few Frogs and Toads also work well in the deck.

Also I recommend 3 Mistar Boy as you can OTK with 3 of them with the Coelacanth inbetween them, which is funny.

I'm not sure how to make Turtle or Bahastos work or what numbers I'd need them in. 

Is the idea with Sekka's Light to discard it then use its GY effect?

I'm not sure how to make Turtle or Bahastos work or what numbers I'd need them in.

I think the idea there is 37 monsters, 3 Sekka's Light. Since you'd have so many WATER monsters, you'd be able to use the Fishborg stuff effectively. Bahastos and Turtle would act as removal options.

It'd be a deck that is fast-paced and aggressive, with lots of combo and board-breaking potential. However, it would be a fundamentally different deck than your current build.

I use 3 Turtle and 3 Bahrastos. To make them work, all you need is to draw them - which is where Sekka's Light helps. Bahrastos also requires 2 other WATER monsters as fuel to summon it, but if you're playing 37 monsters and 3 Sekka's Light then that shouldn't be difficult. Remember that Bahrastos can destroy monsters you control as well, which is useful if you've got anything left over from Coelacanth's effect.

As for other monsters to fill out your shoal, these are some good options:

Fishborg Launcher (self-resurrecting Tuner)

Fishborg Archer (not as easy to use as Launcher, but Level 3 can be nice)

Fishborg Planter (self-resurrecting non-Tuner. One of the reasons I like to play lots of monsters)

Nimble Angler (combos with Bahrastos, Fishborg Archer, Fishborg Planter, White Stingray, Swap Frog, Coral Dragon, Brionac, Gungnir)

Nimble Beaver (summonable by Angler but still a good Normal Summon if you draw it)

Nimble Manta (Summonable by Nimble Angler and Beaver, I like this as it combos nicely with Bahrastos)

Nimble Sunfish (You probably don't want to play too many Nimbles, so generally I don't play this as I prefer Manta, but Sunfish is still a usable option)

Beautunaful Princess (Useful as a Level 1 non-Tuner, her effect can be useful if you have other summons)

Royal Swamp Eel (Level 4 Tuner, useful for making White Aura Whale)

I hope this helps!

I think the idea there is 37 monsters, 3 Sekka's Light. Since you'd have so many WATER monsters, you'd be able to use the Fishborg stuff effectively. Bahastos and Turtle would act as removal options.

It'd be a deck that is fast-paced and aggressive, with lots of combo and board-breaking potential. However, it would be a fundamentally different deck than your current build.

Pretty much, although I wouldn't say it's fundamentally different. It still uses Fish monsters and its main aim is still to summon Coelacanth.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived