Beastrike Archetype(Work In Progress)

TheLegalNinja

My first archetype(woohoo)

Note:I’m not gonna post all of the cards now and gonna be doing it over the next few days, anyway on with the cards. Strategy: Focuses on swarming the field to set for their extra decks to OTK the opponent.

Beastrike- Freedom Eagle

Attribute: Dark

LV:4

Type:Winged-Beast/Effect

ATK:1300/DEF:1000

When this card is normal or special summoned; Special 1 “Beastrike” monster from your hand,When there are 2 or more “Beastrike” monsters on the field(including this card) target 2 “beaststrike” cards in your deck of graveyard, add them to your hand, you can only the effect of “Beastrike- Freedom Eagle” once per turn.

Beastrike- Liberty Rooster

LV: 4

Type:Winged-Beast/Effect

ATK:1000/DEF:1000

If there is a “Beastrike” monster on the field, special summon this card(from your hand), When this card is used as material for the summoning of a “Beastrike” Fusion or Link monster, it gains this effect

•It cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects until the end of this turn.

Beastrike- Kicker Kangaroo

LV:4

Type:Beast/Effect

ATK:2000/DEF/100

Cannot be normal summoned/set, Must be special summoned if you control another “Beastrike” monster, when summoned this way, target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 “Beastrike” monster you control, the “Beastrike” monster gains ATK equal to the difference between its ATK and the opponent’s monster’s ATK

Beastrike - Power Panda

Attribute: Light

LV:3

Once Per Turn; When a “Beastrike” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, discard this card and 1 other “Beastrike” monster on the field, negate the effect or attack and if you do draw 1 card

Beastrike- Xoloti The Hound

Lv:2

ATK:400/DEF:400

During your main phase, you can send 1 “Beastrike” monster from your deck to your graveyard, then add 1 “Beastrike” monster from your deck to your hand.

If this card is used as material for the summoning of an Extra Deck “Beastrike” monster, it gains this effect: When it destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, target 1 “Beastrike” monster in your graveyard, special summon it (you can only use this effect, Once Per Turn)

Beastrike- Kommander Komodo

LV: 4

Type:Reptile/Effect

ATK:300/DEF:1200

You discard this card or tribute him then target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control double its ATK until the end phase, the affected monster attacks or is sent to the graveyard, special summon this card from the graveyard, you can only use the effect of “Beastrike - Kommander Komodo” : Once Per Turn.

Extra Beastrike - Union Phoenix

Type Winged-Beast/Link/Effect

ATK:1900/Link Rating:2

Arrows: Bottom-right,South,Bottom-Left

2+ “Beastrike” monsters

When this card is link summoned: Special from your extra deck 1 “Beastrike” monster from you extra deck, but return it to extra deck during the end phase, When a “Beastrike” is summoned to a zone this cards points to, it gains 800 ATK, when a “Beastrike” monster you control is destroyed by your opponent’s card or effects, shuffle it to the deck instead of sending to the graveyard, You can only use the effect of “ Extra Beastrike-Union Phoenix”;once per turn

Extra Beastrike- Guardian Elephant

Link Rating:

Type:Beast/Link/Effect

Link Arrows: Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right,

ATK:2100/ Link Rating:2

2”Beastrike” monsters

When this card is Link Summoned, Target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control, it cannot be destroyed or targeted by your opponent’s monsters or their card effect until the end of the battle phase, You can tribute this card on the field, target an extra deck “Beastrike” monster in your graveyard, special summon it, When a “Beastrike” we’re to be destroyed by battle or card effect, banish this card instead from the graveyard instead

Beastrike Champion- Tri Leo

LV:9

Type:Beast/Fusion/Effect

ATK:2500/DEF:2000

3 “Beastrike” monsters

When this card is fusion summoned, add 1 “polymerization” or fusion spell card from you graveyard to your hand, this card can attack three times during each battle phase, when this card destroys a monster by battle, it gains 300 ATK until the end of the battle phase.

Beastrike Champion- Combustible Cobra

Attribute: Fire

Lv:7

Type: Reptile/Effect/ Fusion

ATK:2200/DEF:1800

2+ or more “Beastrike” (max.4) monsters

When this card is fusion summoned, inflict 300 Dmg to your opponent for each monster used for its fusion summoned, When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, inflict 300 dmg to your opponent for each monster destroyed, You can use the effect of “ Beastrike- Combustion Cobra” Once Per Turn.

Beastrike Fusion!

Normal Spell

Special summon a “Beastrike” fusion monster from you extra deck using monsters on your field or hand as material, when the fusion summoned “Beastrike” monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, special summon from your deck “Beastrike” monsters of the same type as the destroyed monster and who levels are equal or lower to the level of the destroyed monster.

Beastrike Twice!

Normal Spell

Target a “Beastrike” monster it can attack twice this turn except” Beastrike Champion - Tri Leo”, but cannot attack your opponent directly

Beastrike Genetics!

Normal Trap

Declare 1 Type among your “Beastrike” monsters you control, an opponent’s monster becomes that type until the end phase, If a “Beastrike” monster of the same type attacks that opponent’s monster, banish both monsters until the end phase.

Edit: 11/29/2018

Added 2 new monsters(Kommander Komodo and Power Panda)

A new link monster ( Guardian Elephant)

A spell and trap( Twice! and Genetics)

Let's see here:

When this card is Normal or Special summoned: Special Summon 1 “Beastrike” monster from your hand. When there are 2 or more “Beastrike” monsters on the field: Target 2 “Beaststrike” cards in your Deck of Graveyard; add them to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Beastrike - Freedom Eagle” once per turn.

Searcher of the Deck, I see. First off, I would keep its effects optional by adding You can, just for simplicity, instead of having them always activate. Of course, since you use the word when, they have a chance to miss the timing, so you might want to replace when with if. So, with the actual card itself, the first effect is fine. I'm not completely sure about the second one; these effects can always work differently on paper then on the actual game. It might work fairly.

If there is a “Beastrike” monster on the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is used as Material for the Summon of a “Beastrike” Fusion or Link monster: That monster gains this effect:
● Until the end of the turn this card was Summoned, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

I'm going to take the liberty and automatically make most of your non-optional effects optional, also, if you can, I would change replace when with if in most of your activated effects. Anyways, this one could work very fine (on paper). Summons itself from the hand and gives any Fusion/Link monster that us Summoned with it current immunity, which can come in handy.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned while you control another “Beastrike” monster. When Summoned this way: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 “Beastrike” monster you control; that “Beastrike” monster gains ATK equal to the difference between its ATK and the opponent’s monster’s ATK.

Does this card need to be in your hand when you Summon it? Can I Summon this card from my hand directly, or must I wait for something else? Maybe I'd assume that you mean that the card must be Special Summoned from your hand while you control a "Beastrike" monster, or that the card just has to be Special Summoned in this conditions period. When you said "When Summoned this way" I could tell that this card is most likely supposed to Special Summon itself from the hand. With that in mind, the rest of the card looks fine. Its effect will allow monsters with weaker ATK rival the targeted in ATK power and those with higher ATK to double any damage it would have dealt to your opponent.

When a “Beastrike” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and Tribute 1 other “Beastrike” monster on the field; negate that effect or attack, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Beastrike - Power Panda" once per turn.

Now, as I look over these cards I am realizing that Freedom Eagle is becoming less and less significant, as most of the "Beastrike" monsters can either Special Summon itself through their own effects or, as with this card, do better in the hand. Just a note. Anyways, in theory, this card could possibly work... with a few edits. You can Tribute the attacked or targeted monster that would be destroyed anyways, negate the attack and send both this and that card to the GY and draw 1 card. Now, I think that simply discarding this card would be more fluent, considering how this only works for other "Beastrike" monsters and not some diverse group.

During your Main Phase: You can send 1 “Beastrike” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then add 1 “Beastrike” monster from your Deck to your hand.
If this card is used as Material for the Summon of a “Beastrike” Fusion or Link monster, it gains this effect:

When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Target 1 “Beastrike” monster in your graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

Summonable by Freedom Eagle, search and FB effect, Material effect. This card could also work. Effect is pretty strong, but considering how it doesn't have any way to be Special Summoned by its own effect, it balances it out. Inherited effect is pretty good as well.

You discard or Tribute this card to target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control: Double its ATK until the End Phase. If the targeted monster attacks or is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use the effect of “Beastrike - Kommander Komodo” once per turn.

I like this card. Able to Tribute or discard itself to double its ATK until the EP. Of course, the effect does need a little restriction to make it balanced. First off, I would go on ahead and make this effect a Quick Effect, so it can be activated during the opponent's turn, where it will likely be most useful. In return, I would instead simply increase their ATK by 1000. It will give weaker monsters a better chance and stronger monsters less power. Also, I would also just increase DEF as well; you might need it.

I'll cover the rest of the cards later.

You forgot to put an ATK/DEF value on Power Panda. Didn't notice that until now.

2+ “Beastrike” monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 “Beastrike” monster from you Extra Deck, but return it to Extra Deck during the End Phase. When a “Beastrike” monster is Summoned to a zone this cards points to: It gains 800 ATK. When a “Beastrike” monster you control is destroyed by your opponent’s card effect: You can shuffle it to the deck instead of sending to the Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of “ Extra Beastrike - Union Phoenix” once per turn.

Link monster for the Deck. Now, I don't know anything about the other Extra Deck monsters now, but I can tell you that this card's first effect needs some restrictions, mostly just to restrict the amount of Link Summons you can perform with the Summoned monster. Perhaps to restrict that Special Summoned monster from being used as Material for a Summon. Of course, this is all in theory, and I am not completely sure on whether or not the card would be too powerful or not. Rest of the effects are fine, though the ATK increase may want to be lowered just a tad. This card is also missing an ATK stat.

???

When this card is Link Summoned: Target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control; it cannot be destroyed or targeted by your opponent’s monsters and their effects. You can Tribute this card and target a "Beastrike” monster in your Graveyard that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; Special Summon it. When a “Beastrike” monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect: You can banish this card (?) instead.

You got the ATK stat; now you're missing Link Material requirements. I'm guessing 2 "Beastrike" monsters however. Anyways, like before, first effect needs to be nerfed. I'm not completely sure if you noticed, but the effect lasts indefinitely. While this effect does not negate Spell/Trap Cards, straight up granting immunity from destruction by monsters is a bit too much. At least restrict it to lasting 1 turn. Last effect doesn't specify where the card is banished: field or Graveyard? I'm guessing Graveyard, but I would still fix that.

3 “Beastrike” monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Add 1 “Polymerization” or "Fusion" Spell Card from you Graveyard to your hand. This card can attack 3 times during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle, it gains 300 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

This card is pretty neat. Basic beatdown for the Archetype, can set up for another Fusion Summon whenever you can. 2nd effect helps this card work up to fight any stronger monsters your opponent controls while taking care of their weaker monsters. Nice.

2 or more “Beastrike” monsters (max. 4)
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster used for its Fusion Summoned. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent. You can use the effect of “ Beastrike - Combustion Cobra” once per turn.

Needs some power! I like the effects and their properties. I just think the effect damage is a bit lower than what most other monsters can offer. Increase the effect damage you inflict to your opponent by a couple hundred or more, and maybe increase the original damage on Summon some and add an effect that increases the added damage inflicted to your opponent for each monster used for its Summon. Also, missing ATK/DEF stats.

Fusion Summon 1 “Beastrike” Fusion monster from you Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or side of the field as Fusion Materials. When a Fusion Summoned “Beastrike” monster is destroyed by battle or card effect: Special Summon from your Deck 1 “Beastrike” monsters with the same Type as the destroyed monster and whose Level is equal or lower to the level of the destroyed monster (?).

Polymerization for the Deck, I see. Now, it's fine except for the fact that I don't know how the extra effect works. Do I banish the card from the GY? Do I activate as a Continuous Spell Card? Do I shuffle it into the Deck? I believe that you most likely have to banish it, but please specify.

Target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control, except "Beastrike Champion - Tri Leo"; it can attack twice this turn, but it cannot attack your opponent directly.

What kind of card is it? Spell or Trap? What kind of Spell/Trap? Asides for the effect, it's not really too useful. Maybe for those Extra Deck monsters, such as Cobra. It's not bad really; it's just not really advantageous to have.

Declare 1 Type among your “Beastrike” monsters on the field: 1 of your opponent’s monster becomes that Type until the End Phase. If a “Beastrike” monster of the same Type attacks that opponent’s monster, before the Damage Step, banish both monsters.

Again, like last time, not too useful. Banishing both monsters is disadvantageous to both you and your opponent. Maybe if you were to have the card only banish the opposing monster, then the card might see more use, but I would still doubt its usability on a whole.

Now don't be discouraged that your cards were mostly modified and edited; that is what this thread is for. Now, I'm not completely sure what the strategy of this Archetype is however. Is it Fusion Summoning? Link Summoning? Type advantage? If you were to focus on one of these strategies and revolve your cards around one of these, I am sure that any new cards you make in this Archetype will be much better.

You forgot to put an ATK/DEF value on Power Panda. Didn't notice that until now.

2+ “Beastrike” monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 “Beastrike” monster from you Extra Deck, but return it to Extra Deck during the End Phase. When a “Beastrike” monster is Summoned to a zone this cards points to: It gains 800 ATK. When a “Beastrike” monster you control is destroyed by your opponent’s card effect: You can shuffle it to the deck instead of sending to the Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of “ Extra Beastrike - Union Phoenix” once per turn.

Link monster for the Deck. Now, I don't know anything about the other Extra Deck monsters now, but I can tell you that this card's first effect needs some restrictions, mostly just to restrict the amount of Link Summons you can perform with the Summoned monster. Perhaps to restrict that Special Summoned monster from being used as Material for a Summon. Of course, this is all in theory, and I am not completely sure on whether or not the card would be too powerful or not. Rest of the effects are fine, though the ATK increase may want to be lowered just a tad. This card is also missing an ATK stat.

???

When this card is Link Summoned: Target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control; it cannot be destroyed or targeted by your opponent’s monsters and their effects. You can Tribute this card and target a "Beastrike” monster in your Graveyard that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; Special Summon it. When a “Beastrike” monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect: You can banish this card (?) instead.

You got the ATK stat; now you're missing Link Material requirements. I'm guessing 2 "Beastrike" monsters however. Anyways, like before, first effect needs to be nerfed. I'm not completely sure if you noticed, but the effect lasts indefinitely. While this effect does not negate Spell/Trap Cards, straight up granting immunity from destruction by monsters is a bit too much. At least restrict it to lasting 1 turn. Last effect doesn't specify where the card is banished: field or Graveyard? I'm guessing Graveyard, but I would still fix that.

3 “Beastrike” monsters

When this card is Fusion Summoned: Add 1 “Polymerization” or "Fusion" Spell Card from you Graveyard to your hand. This card can attack 3 times during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle, it gains 300 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

This card is pretty neat. Basic beatdown for the Archetype, can set up for another Fusion Summon whenever you can. 2nd effect helps this card work up to fight any stronger monsters your opponent controls while taking care of their weaker monsters. Nice.

2 or more “Beastrike” monsters (max. 4)

When this card is Fusion Summoned: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster used for its Fusion Summoned. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent. You can use the effect of “ Beastrike - Combustion Cobra” once per turn.

Needs some power! I like the effects and their properties. I just think the effect damage is a bit lower than what most other monsters can offer. Increase the effect damage you inflict to your opponent by a couple hundred or more, and maybe increase the original damage on Summon some and add an effect that increases the added damage inflicted to your opponent for each monster used for its Summon. Also, missing ATK/DEF stats.

Fusion Summon 1 “Beastrike” Fusion monster from you Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or side of the field as Fusion Materials. When a Fusion Summoned “Beastrike” monster is destroyed by battle or card effect: Special Summon from your Deck 1 “Beastrike” monsters with the same Type as the destroyed monster and whose Level is equal or lower to the level of the destroyed monster (?).

Polymerization for the Deck, I see. Now, it's fine except for the fact that I don't know how the extra effect works. Do I banish the card from the GY? Do I activate as a Continuous Spell Card? Do I shuffle it into the Deck? I believe that you most likely have to banish it, but please specify.

Target 1 “Beastrike” monster you control, except "Beastrike Champion - Tri Leo"; it can attack twice this turn, but it cannot attack your opponent directly.

What kind of card is it? Spell or Trap? What kind of Spell/Trap? Asides for the effect, it's not really too useful. Maybe for those Extra Deck monsters, such as Cobra. It's not bad really; it's just not really advantageous to have.

Declare 1 Type among your “Beastrike” monsters on the field: 1 of your opponent’s monster becomes that Type until the End Phase. If a “Beastrike” monster of the same Type attacks that opponent’s monster, before the Damage Step, banish both monsters.

Again, like last time, not too useful. Banishing both monsters is disadvantageous to both you and your opponent. Maybe if you were to have the card only banish the opposing monster, then the card might see more use, but I would still doubt its usability on a whole.

Now don't be discouraged that your cards were mostly modified and edited; that is what this thread is for. Now, I'm not completely sure what the strategy of this Archetype is however. Is it Fusion Summoning? Link Summoning? Type advantage? If you were to focus on one of these strategies and revolve your cards around one of these, I am sure that any new cards you make in this Archetype will be much better.

My intended design philosophy was make the monsters swarm the field to set up for various summons, primarily the fusions, the links are there so it can allow for several fusions on the board and boost them

Archived