Sliver Archetype [AGM, WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Whew, it's been a good while since I've actually posted an archetype!  I've got so many partially complete things, but I can't seem to finish any of 'em... Anyway, enough of my creative woes and on to the archetype:

Sliver

Incredibly low-power (talkin less than 500 atk) Wyrm monsters that focus on card draw and swarm. However, they have a drawback: you can only summon Slivers and a certain DIVINE monster while you control one. Their best monster is Slifer Sliver, which nets you a Pot of Greed effect when tributed.

This is honestly one of the very few archetypes that I mentally designed exclusively for the AGM (Master Rule 3).  I don't know how much impact that actually had on the results, but it might be the reason certain things work the way they do.  I also removed the limit to only summoning "Slivers" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon" (mostly because it took a lot of space), but I'm unsure if that makes these cards too splashable in other decks.

I was also concerned about the fact that the only expressed win condition in the prompt was Slifer.  I made a few cards that forwarded that win condition, but I decided to add an extra deck with a more heavy control aspect as well.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Slifer Sliver
LIGHT 8*
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
You can Tribute Summon this monster by tributing 1 "Sliver" monster. If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can Special Summon the monsters Tributed to Summon it. If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon or the effect of a "Sliver" card: Draw 2 cards.
500/100

Silver Sliver
WATER *****
Wyrm/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can draw 1 card, and if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. If this card is Tributed: You can add 1 "Sliver" monster from your Deck to your hand.
100/100

Silent Sliver LV4
LIGHT ****
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned, if you have 3 or more cards in your hand: You can draw 1 card, then you can add 1 "Silent Sliver LV6" from your Deck or GY to your hand, then discard 1 card. If this card is Tributed: You can activate this effect. Immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 "Silent Sliver LV6" from your hand.
200/100

Silent Sliver LV6
LIGHT 6*
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned, if you have 3 or more cards in your hand: You can target 1 "Sliver" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. If this card was Normal Summoned by the effect of "Silent Sliver LV4", you can Normal Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can Tribute 2 monsters you control; draw 1 card and reveal it to your opponent. If a "Sliver" monster is revealed to your opponent this way: You can Normal Summon 1 "Sliver" monster in your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Silent Sliver LV6" once per turn.
400/200

Slippery Sliver
WATER *
Wyrm/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can tribute 1 "Sliver" monster in your hand; draw 1 card for every 100 DEF that monster has. If this card is Tributed: you can target 1 "Sliver" monster in your GY (except "Stolen Sliver"); add it to your hand, then, immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 "Sliver" monster from your hand (if possible).
300/100

Stolen Sliver
DARK ***
Wyrm/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can give control of this card to your opponent, and if you do, draw 1 card. All battle damage from non-"Sliver" monsters the turn you activate this effect is halved. Your opponent can Tribute this card as if they controlled it.
0/200

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Simple Sliver
EARTH **
Wyrm/Fusion/Tuner/Effect
2 "Sliver" monsters
The Fusion Materials are treated as though they were Tributed. If this card is sent from the field to the GY and the Fusion Materials are still in the GY; you can Special Summon them, and if you do, they cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
100/300

Striken Sliver
FIRE 7*
Wyrm/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
The Synchro Materials are treated as though they were Tributed. When this card is Synchro Summoned: draw 1 card. All "Sliver" monsters you control gain ATK/DEF equal to the combined ATK of all "Sliver" monsters in your GY. Your opponent can only activate a number of Spells/Traps up to the number of Zones on your side of the field not occupied by "Sliver" monsters. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Sliver" monster from your GY to your hand, then draw 1 card.
200/300

Sky Sliver
WIND 9*
Wyrm/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
The Synchro Materials are treated as though they were Tributed. "Sliver" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. "Sliver" monsters you control can attack your opponent's LP directly. Your opponent can only Special Summon a number of monsters up to the number of Zones on your side of the field not occupied by "Sliver" monsters. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Sliver" card from your GY to your hand.
300/300

Secret Sliver
DARK 10*
Wyrm/Fusion/Tuner/Effect
3 "Sliver" monsters
The Fusion Materials are treated as though they were Tributed. Your opponent takes 200 damage for each "Sliver" monster you control during the End Phase. If your opponent Normal Summons a monster(s): They must send cards from their Extra Deck to the GY equal to the Level of the Summoned monster, also, your opponent cannot attack with monsters this turn except using monsters with the Summoned monster's Level. If this card is sent from the field to the GY and the Fusion Materials are still in the GY; you can Special Summon them.
400/300

Sacred Sliver
LIGHT 11*
Wyrm/Synchro/Effect
1+ "Sliver" Tuners + 1+ Non-Tuner monsters
The Synchro Materials are treated as though they were Tributed. Once per turn (Quick Effect), if your opponent activates a card or effect: You can Tribute 1 "Sliver" monster you control or in your hand; negate that effect then draw 1 card for every 100 DEF the tributed monster had. Once per turn: you can Tribute 1 "Sliver" monster you control or in your hand; the ATK/DEF of all "Sliver" monsters you control become their original ATK/DEF x 10 until your opponent's End Phase.
500/300

[spoiler=Spells]

Sliver of the Duat
Quick-Play Spell
If you control "Slifer the Sky Dragon": It is unaffected by other card effects this turn. You can then add any number of "Sliver" monsters from your GY to your hand with different Levels, and if you do, all "Slifer the Sky Dragon" you control can attack a number of times up to the number of "Sliver" cards returned by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Sliver of the Duat" per turn.

Sliver of Greed
Spell
Tribute 1 "Sliver" monster, then draw 1 card for each "Sliver" monster tributed this turn. You can only Special Summon "Sliver" monsters the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Sliver of Greed" per turn.

Terraforming Sliver
Spell
Add 1 "Sliver" Continuous Spell from your Deck to your hand.

Sliver Summon
Spell
If you have more cards in your hand than your opponent, you can Normal Summon 1 monster this turn in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. If you Tribute Summon a monster the turn you activate this effect: Draw 1 card. You can only draw 1 card by the effect of this card's name per turn.

Sliver of the Jurassic
Continuous Spell
This card's name on the field becomes "Jurassic World". Monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase. You can tribute this card for the Tribute Summon of a monster. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent to the GY: You can tribute 1 monster; add this card to your hand.

Sliver of the World of Zombies
Continuous Spell
This card's name on the field becomes "Zombie World". Monsters in the GY become Zombie-type. Your opponent cannot tribute monsters except Zombie-type monsters. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent to the GY: You can banish this card and 1 "Sliver" card from your GY; tribute 1 monster from your Deck, and if you do, gain 1000 LP.

Sliver of the Monarch's Mausoleum
Continuous Spell
This card's name on the field becomes "Mausoleum of the Emperor". Monsters Special Summoned from your opponent's Extra Deck lose 1000 ATK. If you would Tribute Summon a monster, you can treat this card as a monster for the Tribute Summon. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent to the GY: You can tribute 1 monster in your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card as a Normal monster (Rock-type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0), but banish it when it leaves the field.

Sliver of the Bound Creator
Continuous Spell
This card's name on the field becomes "Mound of the Bound Creator".  You can Normal Summon 1 DIVINE Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.  Once per turn: If you control "Sliver" monsters whose total Levels equal 10 or more, you can draw 1 card.  If this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent to the GY: You can banish this card; Tribute "Sliver" monsters from your hand or that you control whose total Levels equal 10 or more, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Slifer the Sky Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or GY, but return it to your hand during the End Phase.

One thing to note is that Exodia doesn't exist in the AGM card pool.  I understand that because it does in the irl card game, some of these cards would be too powerful in that context.

The way I designed these leaves the deck open for a continuous addition of "field spells".  If anything, I do plan to keep coming back to this to add more continuous spells, but the basic idea for 'em is as outlined above.

Anyways, any CnC for these would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Archived