Pot of Ambiguity

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Pot of Ambiguity
[Normal Spell]

Excavate the top 10 cards of your Deck, add 1 of the excavated cards to your hand, also banish the rest, face-down. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Ambiguity" once per turn.

Sounds pretty strong. With something like Pot of Desires, it's mostly up to chance. With this, you can easily choose which card you want. A way you could try to balance this out though is a clause like Pot of Duality had. Or maybe like Isolde, in which you can't activate the card you added this turn. Maybe not those exact clauses. But just something. Or maybe even reducing the number of cards to something like 5 if you don't want a clause

It may as well be a Pot card, since it's an hybrid of Duality and Desires. Looks good, and it doesn't quite outclasses Desires because you trade 1 card for the ability to choose a card among 10. But what I dislike about it is how it practically outclasses Duality: it has no Special Summon lock, and you get to pick from a bigger pool of cards.

Guest BGMCANN0N

It may as well be a Pot card, since it's an hybrid of Duality and Desires. Looks good, and it doesn't quite outclasses Desires because you trade 1 card for the ability to choose a card among 10. But what I dislike about it is how it practically outclasses Duality: it has no Special Summon lock, and you get to pick from a bigger pool of cards.

Sounds pretty strong. With something like Pot of Desires, it's mostly up to chance. With this, you can easily choose which card you want. A way you could try to balance this out though is a clause like Pot of Duality had. Or maybe like Isolde, in which you can't activate the card you added this turn. Maybe not those exact clauses. But just something. Or maybe even reducing the number of cards to something like 5 if you don't want a clause

All right added said restrictions... Made it a riskier Pot of Duality. Also, if I were to name it a Pot card... Would "Pot of Ambiguity" be a name word for it? :P

Even with the Special Summon lock, it still looks to me like a better Duality. The only drawback is losing combo pieces that could be later searched from the deck, but other than that, cards banished face-down are comparable to cards in the deck from the perspective of usefulness.

I'm thinking you could add an additional restriction similar to Cards of Demise, in that it requires X or less number of cards in hand to be live. That way at least it has a drawback of being dead if you draw too many monsters that you cannot get on board.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Even with the Special Summon lock, it still looks to me like a better Duality. The only drawback is losing combo pieces that could be later searched from the deck, but other than that, cards banished face-down are comparable to cards in the deck from the perspective of usefulness.

I'm thinking you could add an additional restriction similar to Cards of Demise, in that it requires X or less number of cards in hand to be live. That way at least it has a drawback of being dead if you draw too many monsters that you cannot get on board.

So what if I knocked the number down a little bit to say Nyx's suggestion, 5. That would be a lot less drastic in terms of how much cards you are looking through right?

So what if I knocked the number down a little bit to say Nyx's suggestion, 5. That would be a lot less drastic in terms of how much cards you are looking through right?

IDK about that. While it would reduce the stack you can pick a card from, also it would reduce the risk of banishing key cards or combo pieces, which is one of this card's original drawbacks. Not to mention it would still be a better Duality, and arguably safer since you aren't banishing as many cards. I still stand on adding an extra restriction, just so it doesn't outclass Duality.

Guest BGMCANN0N

IDK about that. While it would reduce the stack you can pick a card from, also it would reduce the risk of banishing key cards or combo pieces, which is one of this card's original drawbacks. Not to mention it would still be a better Duality, and arguably safer since you aren't banishing as many cards. I still stand on adding an extra restriction, just so it doesn't outclass Duality.

Another downside I started to ponder... What say you about half LP payment?

Archived