CONSPIRACY: Yusaku Fujiki WILL get a new Ace Monster (or a Firewall Dragon re-errata)

https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yusaku_Fujiki

Well, Konami finally banned a main protagonist's ace monster (Firewall Dragon), but I don't think that Konami in Japan didn't know what the TCG was going to ban Firewall Dragon (they knew for sure). This is because it would be quite stupid for the TCG to go behind Konami's back and ban a monster that is supposed to be the flagship monster of this Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It would also be quite awkward if Firewall Dragon gets an evolution in the anime, that monster becomes the cover of a main booster pack and is good competitively, but TCG players couldn't play it because Firewall Dragon is banned. More than likely Konami in Japan told the TCG to do this for the current metagame so they can do 1 of 2 things; either give a Firewall Dragon a complete re-errata making it so you can't do the loop it was banned for, OR make a new ace monster for Yusaku Fujiki. I can't see this going in any other direction, since the beginning of this franchise every main protagonist has had an ace monster with 2500 ATK (I know that most of them also have 2000 DEF but Dark Magician has 2100 DEF and Firewall Dragon has no DEF at all just a Link Rating). I don't know how Konami would (in the middle of VRAINS) change what they've been doing for over 14 years, especially since its been working for that long or what they do in place of that. I'm waiting to find out what their going to do, but they WILL do something, I just know it.

Does this mean I technically called it, or was I late to the party?

I hope his new ace monster is a Code Talker as it would make absolutely the most sense.

You were probs late to the party as Black said in a status on Friday that it seemed Konami/Shueisha have been trying to distance themselves from Firewall for some time (given that it isn't advertised as Yusaku's ace in the 20th anniversary promotion).

You were probs late to the party as Black said in a status on Friday that it seemed Konami/Shueisha have been trying to distance themselves from Firewall for some time (given that it isn't advertised as Yusaku's ace in the 20th anniversary promotion).

that aside, this has to be weird for Konami I mean the players have wanted a completive ace monster from any of the main protagonists (yes I know Stardust Dragon and Number 39: Utopia were okay in their own right), but when they finally did, we got Firewall Dragon and it had to be banned

this is going to mean a lot going forward about what the next main protagonist's ace monster will be in the next series after VRAINS

That aside, this has to be weird for Konami, I mean the players have wanted a competitive ace monster from any of the main protagonists (yes I know Stardust Dragon and Number 39: Utopia were okay in their own right), but when they finally did, we got Firewall Dragon and it had to be banned.

This is going to mean a lot going forward about what the next main protagonist's ace monster will be in the next series after VRAINS

I would only hope Konami/Shueisha have learned from Firewall when designing the next series' protag's ace (make it good, but not utterly bonkers), but that is some time away.

Archived