[19PP] 5 New Cards

konami-1b.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=800%2C4

Note that the information for these cards aren't 100% yet and will be updated when more information for them comes out.

Mighty Flame Swordsman

FIRE

Link: L, DL

Warrior/Link/Effect

2 monsters with different names

All Warrior monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. If this Link Summoned card is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect: Target 1 Warrior monster in your GY, except a Link Monster; Special Summon that monster, but it’s banished if it leaves the field. You can only activate this effect of "Mighty Flame Swordsman" once per turn.

ATK/1500 LINK-2

Speedroid Marble Machine

lv 2 WIND

PS: 1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a Defense Position monster you control is targeted for an attack: Change that monster’s battle position, and during this turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle.

Machine/Pendulum/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Speedroid” monster from your Deck, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except WIND monsters. You can only activate this effect of "Speedroid Marble Machine" once per turn.

ATK/200 DEF/100

Performapal Kuribohrder

lv 1 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: Special Summon this card from your hand, then change the target of your opponent’s monster to this card and proceed to damage calculation. If you would take damage from that battle, you gain LP instead.

ATK/300 DEF/200

Starving Venemy Lethal Dose Dragon

lv 8 DARK

PS: 1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can place 1 Venemy Counter on each face-up monster your opponent controls. Monsters on the field lose 300 ATK for each Venemy Counter on the field, except DARK Dragon monsters.

Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect

3 DARK Pendulum Monsters

Each time a card(s) is sent from the field to the GY, place 1 Venemy Counter on this card for each. Monsters on the field lose 300 ATK for each Venemy Counter on the field, except DARK Dragon monsters. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent control until the end of the turn. If this card in a Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or by card effect: Place this card in a Pendulum Zone.

ATK/2800 DEF/2000

Number XX: Infinity Dark Hope

Rank 10 DARK

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

{3? or more Level 10 monsters}

If a monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can detach 1 Xyz Material, then target that monster; Special Summon that monster to your field in Defense Position. You can target 1 face-up Special Summoned monster you control, except this card; gain LP equal to that monster’s original ATK. You can only activate each effect of "Number XX: Infinity Dark Hope" once per turn.

ATK/4000 DEF/4000

Source

Mighty Flame Swordsman: 1 Down Arrow and 1 Side Arrow isn't too bad for a Link 2 guaranteed it gives a boost to Warriors and can float a non-Link monster from your grave where it doesn't negate effects so under the right circumstances it can be a effective card.

Speedroid Marble Machine: Speedroid Stratos that locks into WIND monsters isn't that bad.

Performapal Kuribohrder: defensive LP gain is a neat side option if your using multiple life cost cards.

Starving Venemy Lethal Dose Dragon: Reducing ATK with Counters and negating effects is okay for it getting around big monsters. Ideally in a DARK Dragon Pendulum Deck using Pendulum Fusion so you can get all your monsters out and then Pendulum Fusion using your Scales and a Pendulum you control to make this.

Number XX: Infinity Dark Hope: Basically a Xyz Goyo Guardian on Steroids but requires you to play trains at least to play this.

Okay, but why would you run or search the Kuriboh? That's only good in a casual context, though I do appreciate that Yuya finally got his kuriboh.

Marble Machine is decent, and the rest... yeah these kinda suck ass.

Starving Venemy is weird because, like Rewas, the previous form isn't even out yet.

I guess this means this pack will mostly be dominated by arc-v? Fine by me, but that means Dark Anthelion, Trilogyg, Starving Venemy, and more would have to be here, which is... odd. At least we don't have to fit God-Eyes or Vulgate, but where the funk is Genesis Omega Dragon going to be?

Okay, but why would you run or search the Kuriboh? That's only good in a casual context, though I do appreciate that Yuya finally got his kuriboh.

Marble Machine is decent, and the rest... yeah these kinda suck ass.

Starving Venemy is weird because, like Rewas, the previous form isn't even out yet.

I guess this means this pack will mostly be dominated by arc-v? Fine by me, but that means Dark Anthelion, Trilogyg, Starving Venemy, and more would have to be here, which is... odd. At least we don't have to fit God-Eyes or Vulgate, but where the funk is Genesis Omega Dragon going to be?

It's a searchable hand trap that can buy you a second turn in pendulums? Which given how pendulums work can turn the duel around?

It's a searchable hand trap that can buy you a second turn in pendulums? Which given how pendulums work can turn the duel around?

if you have no link to PS with, it doesn’t matter.

It’s not a good handtrap, and searching it means not searching cards that further your game, which is the entire point of sorc.

what the funk is this pojo advice winter lol

The card is awful outside of like the most casual of casual duels 

Crobat is banned in TCG, limited in OCG. 

You're not going to run more than 1 Turtle (if any) same with 2 (or less) of Lizard Draw

Some decks only run Synchron and Crobat (and even that won't happen in TCG). You're not gonna get many uses out of Sorcerer at this rate. And no, games don't end on T1, you'll get to PS 3-4 times minimum 

If they get through your set up, which is the trap and a negator or two, they can otk you. Not sure why searching a battle hand trap that will get you to the next turn is so controversial 

Speedroid Marble Machine's Pendulum effect actually helps out the bad "Goblin" archetype more than its own archetype... Funny.

Nah, Goblins are still unplayable, while this card as a "Stratos" for Speedroids helps them.

It is just that its archtype has no usage for the Pendulum tag (btw where is my damn level3 Wind Pendulum Magician to access Clear Wing Fast Dragon ?).

Speedroid 5 6 Plane sadly cannot be searched and summoned at once, without Tatetonborg.

Though the most dissapointing aspect is the fact that this Level 2 Pendulum only triggers upon Normal Summon ... they really seem to hate Speedroids as a Pendulum archtype.

The Fusion Pendulum ****s, honestly it should either have an actual effect, be quick play on its negation or require only 2 monsters, as it is it is propably unusable.

Crobat is banned in TCG, limited in OCG. 

You're not going to run more than 1 Turtle (if any) same with 2 (or less) of Lizard Draw

Some decks only run Synchron and Crobat (and even that won't happen in TCG). You're not gonna get many uses out of Sorcerer at this rate. And no, games don't end on T1, you'll get to PS 3-4 times minimum 

If they get through your set up, which is the trap and a negator or two, they can otk you. Not sure why searching a battle hand trap that will get you to the next turn is so controversial 

I'm gonna run battle fader in spyrals because you can search it with where arf thou

Speedroid Marble Machine seems possibly good in roids if we get a usable high scale to go with it. Pendulum Summoning in roids is cool as it works really well with Expressroid, similar to Ambulanceroid but without having to actually summon Ambulanceroid first.

The Pendulum effect of Marble Machine actually looks quite useful. The monster effect is usable, but too restrictive to be really good (in the context of roids).

As for Performapal Kuribohrder, it's really really cute. I love battle-stoppers, but the problem with it is that I'd rather play something that gets me something to go with it, like Speedroid Menko or Juragedo, or is more assuredly going to stop me losing, like Battle Fader. Best case scenario you get to save your monster from being destroyed by battle and gain a few thousand LP, which is cool but there's lots of cards that can do that.

I'll take defending bad cards for situational reasons for 800. The only thing this card has is that it's art is adorable 

Your comparison is going out of your way to search the wrong level one when chances are you could really use getting drones or QF

Mine was getting a battle hand trap from an already limited search pool to keep one of your best cards in the deck live

But sure the Battle Phase is situational

>ppal>limitedThere’s like more than 50 targets and a ton of those are good techs, what are you talking about?

That's like saying there's a LOT of hero options (when only 6-8 are good)

There's 5 ppals tops you'd run in pen mag

crobat (limited/banned$

Turtle (0-1 of)

Lizard (0-2 of)

Synchron (one of)

When borrelsword can drop on your ass at any time, a searchable handtrap isn't awful

>Playing cards in case you brick so you don't die thus increasing chances of you bricking

That's not what I said, try again

There's 5 tips you'd run in pen mag

crobat (limited/banned$

Turtle (0-1 of)

Lizard (0-2 of)

Synchron (one of)

When borrelsword can drop on your ass at any time, a searchable handtrap isn't awful

That isn’t the argument I made, and it’s incredibly narrowminded.

Cards like Seal Eel aren’t even bad, and there are others of the sort that can merit running a tech copy, which would fill the same slot as this card... but would also be Pendulums, instead of non-pendulum

Handtrap.

Turtle and Lizardraw isn’t even outstanding anymore. It’s an antiquated engine that people cling to, which is a big part of why I don’t think Sorc is a generically good card, on top of the fact that you want his effect to go off pre-PS to maximize value, not post... which isn’t possible outside of techs that aren’t outstanding OR Chronograph.

You want to run a card in the hopes that you proc it as late as possible in order to search a handtrap that maybe saves you from Borrelsword, just as the Battle Fader example does (which, where arf thou has fewer good generic targets for its decktypes than Sorc does, which was the point), instead of just running cards that do things.

Performapals heavily lean to techs, and just reading the cards shows this. It fell off as techning did, and that’s when Sorc started to weaken, as well. And this doesn’t fit in the engine or the deck.

Archived