MAKE FIREWALL DRAGON GREAT AGAIN

https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Firewall_Dragon

NlYYTit.png

Firewall Dragon Cyberse/LIGHT/Link/Effect/ATK 2500/LINK-4
Link Arrows: ↑ ← → ↓
2+ Cyberse monsters

Once while face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can target monsters on the field and/or GY, up to the number of Cyberse Link Monsters co-linked to this card; return them to the hand. If a Cyberse monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle, or sent to your GY: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand whose ATK is equal to or less than the original ATK of that destroyed monster(s) (your choice). You can only use this effect of "Firewall Dragon" once per turn.

If I had to make a bet (and I suck at gambling), this is what Konami can do to bring back Firewall Dragon and put him back to 1 on the Banlist. As far as the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS anime would be concerned, I think they could just write an episode where Yusaku is off dueling some one-shot character on LINK VRAINS, something happens during the duel and now his Firewall Dragon's card data is corrupted and can't be used in any duels anymore, but then he and his friends figure out that all they have to do is "reprogram" the card data (which is shorthand for an IRL re-errata like this one) and then Yusaku gets this card in the anime. Honestly Konami should of thought this out before printing the card, I mean its one thing when a random card in a main booster becomes a staple that Konami can put at 0 on the Banlist, the players will move on, its something else when an ace monster used in the anime gets this treatment,;especially the current main protagonist. That just looks awkward and makes the fans of both the anime and the card game confused about how to look at the game and anime and whether or not they should continue to invest time and money into it I just thought about how Konami could fix Firewall Dragon, I have no idea if they will or how they actually would do it but I hope you enjoy. Thanks.

Archived