OCG Deck Build Pack – Infinity Chasers

3 new archetype announced for new OCG Deck Build Pack – Infinity Chasers.

[spoiler=Infinite Ignition]

A Machine theme that uses large-scale Link and Xyz monsters.

446_20181130080728_dwyWoVx5dJOnlio2xRaAE

[spoiler=Witchcraft]

A Spellcaster theme that uses in-hand Spell Cards to employ various effects.

446_20181130080842_wThyLKHBQmhcNs7A10GrU

[spoiler=Cursed Eye (Evil Eye)]

A Fiend theme that uses Equip Spells to employ powerful effects.

446_20181130080945_Kh5YzQ5uszWiE4fPLYOu7

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&id=446

The artworks so und interesting (except Witchcraft, please do not make that another stuppid loli archtype [i really despise loli archtypes, except Traptrix (though in that case they are only bait)]).

Infinite Ignition and Evil Eye sound really interesting, same for their description.

Infinite Ignition sounds like an archtype comparable to trains.

Witchcraft reminds me of Magical Musketeers (using Spells from their hand).

Evil Eye actually reminds me of Magical Musketeers as well, given that they are apparently triggered by Spells, though I would like an archtype based on Equips doing most work, possibly like Vylon or even better multiple Equip Spells on the level of Salamangreat Claw, which actually get supported by their own archtype.

Oh boy, another Fiend, Machine and Spellcaster Archetype, why can't they make something more interesting than that? How card can it possibly be? Anyway, these are going to be Xyz based I guess, which is nice to have, since Xyz have been lacking in series 10 IMO: Even though they are the types they are, I will probably end up liking them regardless.

Well seems interesting.

I do share hope that it atleast indirectly support high rank Machine XYZ in general like 5+ besides 10 like aforementiion Digvorzak (*wink2*3+ matsupport*wink2*)

....also possible Link 5+ maybe?

witchcraft gain power based on spell in hand eh? Sky Striker like with Self hand-revealing spell instead of GY?

Let's hope Cursed Eyes is not a blalant OCG version of Noble Knights and has something more unique about it.

From the artwork I can't see how the name "Infinite Ignition" relates to the concept of huge drilling machines. Can't wait for the surprise.

If Witchcraft are going to have any relevance, my bet is that they have to be some combination of Sky Strikers + Magical Muskets, in the sense they are able to activate stuff like Widow Anchors and Afterburners from hand during the opponent's turn, and without requiring clear MM Zones.

Also looking forward to seeing how Evil Eyes intent to use Equips for power plays. A couple of splashable Warriors + Isolde could be of interest if they make use of Equips in the GY.

From the artwork I can't see how the name "Infinite Ignition" relates to the concept of huge drilling machines. Can't wait for the surprise.

[...]

For a very large value (e.g. a distance), in which a function basicly reaches the value it is converging against it is usually refered to as being "basicly infinite".

In that regard the naming is actually quite clever, given that it might not be a gross exaggeration.

If the archtype is supposed to include machines large enough that they reach the limit of what is remotely practical they could use the naming in the sense that these machines need to be supplied with fuel/"are ignited", while reaching a practical limit in their size.

Anyways, that is what I was assuming the naming could be refering to.

Also looking forward to seeing how Evil Eyes intent to use Equips for power plays. A couple of splashable Warriors + Isolde could be of interest if they make use of Equips in the GY.

armaknight+mali is a pretty easy Isolde, and if the eyes play well with generic equips, this could finally be the home of Isolde being used to search bamboo swords

For a very large value (e.g. a distance), in which a function basicly reaches the value it is converging against it is usually refered to as being "basicly infinite".

In that regard the naming is actually quite clever, given that it might not be a gross exaggeration.

If the archtype is supposed to include machines large enough that they reach the limit of what is remotely practical they could use the naming in the sense that these machines need to be supplied with fuel/"are ignited", while reaching a practical limit in their size.

Anyways, that is what I was assuming the naming could be refering to.

IDK. I can make sense of the Infinite part. For example, infinite resources they dig for. But still puzzled at the Ignition part. I associate Ignition with FIRE or Pyro stuff.

By the way, the artwork makes me think their playstyle could be related to milling, similar to Digvorzhak.

IDK. I can make sense of the Infinite part. For example, infinite resources they dig for. But still puzzled at the Ignition part. I associate Ignition with FIRE or Pyro stuff.

By the way, the artwork makes me think their playstyle could be related to milling, similar to Digvorzhak.

They could resupply themselves with the resources they dig for, in that case they would "ignite" themselves (as you would in a motor) an unlimited number of times, which is commonly (though it is a missconception) refered to as infinite.

I would expect them to be an earth machine archtype.

Milling/Excavating would actually make sense, I think you might be right about that part.

Come to think of it this archtype could also include level 12 monsters for an xyz archtype to to be able to Xyz Magnus normally, though that sounds unlikely.

Hopefully (unlike Digvorzhak) they do not focus on milling the opponent's deck, that either helps the opponent is a degenerate alternate win condition, so in either case it would be undesirable, not to mention they do not dig for the sake of digging, but actually look for something.

Hopefully (unlike Digvorzhak) they do not focus on milling the opponent's deck, that either helps the opponent is a degenerate alternate win condition, so in either case it would be undesirable, not to mention they do not dig for the sake of digging, but actually look for something.

if they added a clause that made it s cards sent to the Gy this way can't activate effects that could be interesting. I bet we see Milling effects on your own deck with effects that respond from being sent to the GY (going with the "I found something" motif of mining). another thing could be that you banish cards face down and search through them that way or some other sort of facedown mechanic, not flip, but something that has to do with relabeling facedown cards (even more so fitting with this mechanic. 

Hey, new info:

https://ygorganization.com/93tilinfinity/

if i combine my previous assesment:

I.I will be semi-generic Xyz & Link Archetype that seems promise that we can use some good yet previously unaccessable Xyzs maybe the ones that require multiple mat (minus Rhongo off course) or Ranks that ususally not play a lot

Witchcraft will be defensive version of Sky Striker that require you to hold spells in hand as long as possible probs with revealing mechanic to put clock on players to wary with

Cursed Eyes is interesting. Employing super powered equips that put you in high-risk of turn after turn drawback. Damage? Stat reduction? Effects that degenerate themselves to useless?

Archived