Ama about mtg

(GigaDrillBreaker)

favorite block from origins to m19?

shadows.

Limited for it is still one of my favorites, since there are so many aggressive creatures, but they all die to everything so the gameplay is stupidly dynamic.

It got me incredibly close to playing standard, with vampires, but that dream ended before the set released as I ended up using my standard budget I'd put together to build The Gitrog Monster for EDH, which is still one of my mainstay decks.

Though much prefer shadows to emn, emn was still a really good set, featuring some of my favorite cards from the last decade, with elder deep fiend and emrakul's evangel.

Can Eldrazi be effective in today's meta? If so, how?

eldrazi aggro is one of the best legacy decks. Thought-Knot Seer is one of the best midrange creatures ever printed and eldrazi temple/eye of ugin/city of traitors/ancient tomb make it come out as early as turn 2.

Not to mention that eldrazi mimic is a funking mistake.

In modern, I wouldn't bother. There are much more interesting aggro decks, and they are much better.

Goes without saying they aren't standard-viable.

EDH would need an out of theme general, but Jodah absolutely fits the bill. They just play as confused slivers.

Canlander makes heavy use of eldrazi, particularly in 4c aristocrats. They play well with birthing pod, too.

What formats are left..

Um, I won a BFZx6 sealed event at a GP three years ago using them, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Do you think our favorite fiery boi should take on bolas in the third ravnican set?]just got him YAYzy6mCHW.jpg

Also, on the topic of Ravnica, which guild is your favorite? Aside from Izzet, ofc

he's probably the only being in the multiverse smarter than bolas, so hell yeah. You should've seen me trying to get a promo copy prerelease night.

Probably the simic, because they are izzet, but with more toad.

Ohohoho i see i see. Is there any equivalent in standard though besides i need to replace Sarkhan with Garna Bloodflame?

well doubling season, Jace architect of thought, and samut the tested are all out of standard so the combo is far from working.

Jace might be able to do work in something resembling UW skies, but idk what that deck has available to it at the moment.

Archived