Triamid Support

SilentKatana

Have some field spell things! The deck needed a Night themed field just for thematic sake, so I thought I might well try to add some support to one of my favourite archetypes!

1fDnAlp.png?1

Triamid Bastion 

Field Spell

When a Rock-type monster is sent to the graveyard; inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent. If a "Triamid" monster(s) is sent to the graveyard, you can target 1 of those monster(s); special summon that target. If this face-up card in the Field Zone is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Triamid" trap from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Triamid Bastion" Once per turn.

YxQB3El.jpg?1

Triamid Guardian

EARTH/Level 4/Rock/Effect

1950/500

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 "Triamid" card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn; you can target 1 "Triamid" card you control; destroy it. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can target 1 "Triamid" Field Spell Card in your Field Zone; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, activate 1 "Triamid" Field Spell Card from your Deck with a different name (this is a Quick Effect).

B96dVIg.png?1
Triamid Inner Sanctum
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn; you can shuffle 2 cards that are banished or are in your graveyard into your deck (any combination of Rock-Type monsters or Field Spell Cards); then activate 1 of the following effects:
● Target 1 other face-up card on the field; negate that target's effect(s) until the end of this turn.
● Target 1 Field Spell in your graveyard; activate it.
● Field Spells you control cannot be destroyed during this turn.

mM7jkPA.jpg?1
Triamid Pharaoh
EARTH/Link-2/Rock/Effect
2+ Rock-Type Monsters
Cannot be used as Link Material. While you control a Field spell, other "Triamid" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is destroyed, you can Special summon 1 "Triamid Sphinx" from your Deck. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can target 1 "Triamid" Field Spell Card in your Field Zone; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, activate 1 "Triamid" Field Spell Card from your Deck with a different name (this is a Quick Effect).

So, a brief summary of each. Triamid Bastion is there to tie together the day cycle of the Field spells together, and to provide some vital searchability in the form of it's graveyard effect, allowing Triamid Pulse to be properly useable, along with the other trap I added to make the search less redundant. 

Triamid Guardian exists to provide the deck with an actually useful lv 4 monster, his search effect pairing with Kingolem, and his additional effect to destroy any Triamid card allowing you to extend plays somewhat by Triggering the graveyard effect of your field spells more easily on your turn, whilst also triggering Triamid Sphinx's effect at the same time.

Triamid Inner Sanctum acts as a way to both mitigate the cost of Triamid Pulse, and to serve the deck's habit of playing on the opponent's turn by guarding your field spells/offering some nice recursion and disruption options.

I was somewhat hesitant to add a Link monster, given the main deck nature of the deck, but I though Triamid Pharaoh would offer a nice interaction with Bastion, whilst also just generally adding protection to Triamid monsters and providing another cheaty way to bring out SPhinx

Archived