[20th] Number 39: Utopia Double

DuLroCbX4AAkdxv.jpg

Number 39: Utopia Double

Rank 4 LIGHT Warrior Xyz Effect Monster

0 ATK / 2500 DEF

2 Level 4 monsters

-You can only use this card name's effect once per turn.

(1) (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; add 1 "Double or Nothing!" from your Deck to your hand, then Special Summon 1 "Utopia" Xyz Monster by using this face-up card you control as material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer this card's materials to the Summoned monster.), also double its ATK, but it cannot attack directly.

Yes, this a chill 10K of damage

Oh come on konami we had enough 39. Even if its mediocre at best just either finished the rest of the numbers or give other number some love will ya?

That being said though. Besides 10K UTL i dont think this has much uses? Well it can bypass some Xyz Changes since most of Rank Up Spell is not that good so its decent?

Horray, another OTK enabler, so you either get a 10k regular Utopia, 6k Utopia Beyond, 5.2k Utopia Ray V (a Volcasaurus on crack) or a 5.6k Utopia Ray Victory (which carries the Honest and negation on whatever it attacks with itself).

This is a prime example of the "recent" rise in powercreep.

Though do not understand that as it breaking anything ... though it is definitely quite powerful.

You'd have to use regular Utopia to get 10k with double or nothing, right?

This could get you a 6k Utopia Beyond which is cool, a 5020 ATK Utopia Prime which is silly, an easy Utopia Kaiser which is interesting, or a 5k UtL which is... all it's gonna ever be used for.

Really though, this is just a big numbers card at its core, isn't it?

You'd have to use regular Utopia to get 10k with double or nothing, right?

This could get you a 6k Utopia Beyond which is cool, a 5020 ATK Utopia Prime which is silly, an easy Utopia Kaiser which is interesting, or a 5k UtL which is... all it's gonna ever be used for.

Really though, this is just a big numbers card at its core, isn't it?

Well Utopia Kaiser sounds funny, getting a Link 3, 1 material for the Red-Eyes Link 4 and 1 Level 4 is enough to get Kaiser, 2 additional Numbers and a 2.8k Link 4.

That sounds like fun, though not competetive.

If Malicious would still be at 3 Armageddon Knight or Vision Hero Vyon could do that with 1 card (though also abuse banworthy monsters like Firewall or Gumblar instead).

Absolutely ridiculous! Utopia OTKs typically involved equipping a bunch of ZWs. Now it can be done with just 2 level 4 monsters. This honestly feels counter-productive to what Utonomatopia was trying to achieve. Why bother playing Zu-Ga-Go-Do to summon your Utopias when any Rank 4 deck can get the same results?

Its a shame that with this and Utonomatopia that Utopia Double isn't a 2+ Level 4 Monster as it would been able to take advantage of Utonomatopia to have this with 3+ Xyz Materials then when you use a material for getting Utopia out with Double or Nothing in hand you have a mass of Xyz Materials so Utopia can continuously block attacks.

Still it gives an additional draw through Xyz Change Tactics where going this > Utopia > Ray/Prime > Lighting will net you 4 cards for the cost of 2000 LP.

Absolutely ridiculous! Utopia OTKs typically involved equipping a bunch of ZWs. Now it can be done with just 2 level 4 monsters. This honestly feels counter-productive to what Utonomatopia was trying to achieve. Why bother playing Zu-Ga-Go-Do to summon your Utopias when any Rank 4 deck can get the same results?

Noone used ZWs for quite some time now and Zu-Ga-Go-Do has nothing to do with ZWs, I am curious why you assume that  (I do not see any synergy between them whatsoever)?

Utopia decks are decks using 2 level 4 monsters for utopia, while stacking different copies and abusing Xyz Change Tactics, Utopia as an archtype is just a massive Extra Deck investment and Xyz Change Tactics (and perhaps Generation Force to search Xyz Change Tactics).

It has been that ever since Xyz Change Tactics was released quite some time ago, so I am wondering what what kind of Utopia deck you are talking about.

Noone used ZWs for quite some time now and Zu-Ga-Go-Do has nothing to do with ZWs, I am curious why you assume that  (I do not see any synergy between them whatsoever)?

Utopia decks are decks using 2 level 4 monsters for utopia, while stacking different copies and abusing Xyz Change Tactics, Utopia as an archtype is just a massive Extra Deck investment and Xyz Change Tactics (and perhaps Generation Force to search Xyz Change Tactics).

It has been that ever since Xyz Change Tactics was released quite some time ago, so I am wondering what what kind of Utopia deck you are talking about.

The Utopia decks I am talking about are ones using Xyz Change Tactics, to draw into ZWs to equip and otk. While Yuma's other archetypes don't have any direct connection to ZWs they still relate to Utopia. It doesn't exist currently but there's no reason that Konami couldn't print a card that connects all 6 archetypes together. And anyway, Gagaga and Dododo can at least summon Rank 5s for Leo Arms.

Archived