Working on a New Archetype: Vikings!

xDM35x

So...where to start with this one...

If you look into the game, we have many kinds of warriors. Look into the East to find Samurais, Ninjas, and even Knights. We also have generic soldiers from the West. But we've never looked North...Our only reps are Nordics (and unless you're running Aesir spam with the new link, you're wasting your time.)

But, coming down from Valhalla, the real Vikings are coming! A battle focused deck with (hopefully) consistency, power, comeback ability, protection, and versatility! This is only the start, their field spell...

Valhalla, City of Vikings

Spell/Field

When this card is activated, you can add one, "Viking," or, "Valhalla," card from your deck to your hand, except, "Valhalla, City of Vikings." While you control one or more, "Viking," monsters, this card in it's owner's control cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, if a, "Viking," monster declares an attack, you can target one other, "Viking," monster in your graveyard, Special Summon it, and if you do, your opponent's monsters loses ATK equal to the ATK of the special summoned monster. You can only activate each effect of, "Valhalla, City of Vikings," once per turn, and only once that turn.

Please, I would like some help in knowing what's wrong with it. I'm going to be working on the monsters next, and hopefully I don't mess it up. Thanks guys!

well for starter why not post the other cards since it kinda hard to evaluate from just 1 Field Spell

...regardless i try my best anyway

quite limited yet decent search effect

OK protection

a bit clunky-but really strong summon effect since it reduce stat, aid additional attacks, and Summon a Mat or Bosses. i personally think this need penalty effect while it was limited once per turn and require for you to go aggro (blindly maybe) the fact that you get a full stat monster with all of its effects can be alarming. probs reduce stat of the summoned monster OR make the monster banished when it leaves the field 

Isn't Valhalla technically like Viking Heaven? Just saying.

I'd give it an effect more along the lines of:

While you control no monsters on the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Viking" monster from your GY. A "Viking" monster Special Summoned this way gains 500 ATK.

Archived