Statuesque (Vanilla Spamming More Times than Dairy Queen)

Black D'Sceptyr

Statuesque.png

[spoiler=Statuesque: Info]

Normal Spell Card

Lore: • During Main Phase 1: Reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, and Special Summon 1 non-Effect Monster from your Deck whose name is specifically listed in that monster's text, but it cannot attack, also your opponent can attack you directly if it is the only monster you control. 

• During Main Phase 2: Reveal 1 Ritual Monster from your hand, and Special Summon 1 non-Effect Monster from your Deck with the same Type, Level and Attribute as that monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it cannot attack, also your opponent can attack you directly if it is the only monster you control. 
You can only activate 1 "Statuesque" per turn.

So here, have you a vanilla for revealing a Ritual or Fusion, so long as you're okay with it STAYING a statue. Easy combo ramping without TOO too much fuss, and it allows for differing effects based on the Phase its activated in-a common feature of my more unique cards if you've noticed.

Zerpens on DeviArt is responsible for the art, give him a jingle he'll love it. 

Till the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

IMO this is deceptively good. There are good targets around, from BEWD, Dark Magician to all sort of old school vanillas written in old Fusions. Getting them on board a-la Unexpected Dai should be appealing for some decks.

I'm more confused at the 2nd effect, and I don't get why it's bound to the MP2, it should be fine in MP1 too. What's the worst it could do? Summon a Masked Beast to Ritual Summon another Masked Beast?

Archived