A LINK-5 monster that focuses on monsters without Levels, AKA Xyz and Link Monsters. When it is Link Summoned, you get to Special Summon a Xyz or Link Monster from your GY, though you can't Link Summon with it. Next, it gains 300 ATK for each monster it points to without a Level. Next, you can destroy all monsters on the field with Levels once per turn. Additionally, this becomes a Quick Effect should it point to 2 or more monsters without Levels, so build up the field to disrupt your opponent, but also be careful since you may take out your own monsters as well.

dcue7jz-60d909f9-7f70-407e-b8ef-b0ebcbe0

2+ Effect Monsters
When this card is Link Summoned, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 Link or Xyz Monster from your GY, but it cannot be used as material for a Link Summon, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. Gains 300 ATK for each monster it points to without a Level. Once per turn: You can destroy all monsters on the field with Levels. While this card points to 2 or more monsters without Levels, this is a Quick Effect

So... on top of Extra Link being annoying as it is, you want to give it a Level-based Dark Hole that will kill any of your opponent's would-be materials before it even gets a chance to Link/Xyz Summon? This even counters Cydra-->Megafleet by nuking on-Summon.

So... on top of Extra Link being annoying as it is, you want to give it a Level-based Dark Hole that will kill any of your opponent's would-be materials before it even gets a chance to Link/Xyz Summon? This even counters Cydra-->Megafleet by nuking on-Summon.

Extra Link? Why would you do that with this card, seems like there are faster options than going for a LINK-5.

Not when you can use something like a Link3 + Link2, or Link4 + any monster, and get the used Link back with its revival effect. I would gladly make this after any Saryuja, for instance.

What I'm implying is that it should be harder to Summon, or require at least 3 materials to put it on Borrel levels of difficulty, if not 4 materials. And even then, I find the effect too rewarding for a Link laddering play. It's tricky to balance high-Link monsters because in theory they should be potent to compensate their high Link Ratings, and yet... the Link laddering mechanics make them easier to access.

Kind of agree with above statement. I love the idea of a higher link than 4, and it needs to be rewarding, but it can't be an instant u-board either. Honestly the attack gaining effect is rather underwhelming. Either bump that up to like 800, or maybe consider something different. It probably needs to have some form of protection if it can't have OTK potential. Also, in context, it's important to realize that Konami almost never lets a monster have a strict "Monster Reborn" effect. It's almost always followed up by a restriction on it attacking or using its effect, in addition to maybe limiting further summons that turn.

Kind of agree with above statement. I love the idea of a higher link than 4, and it needs to be rewarding, but it can't be an instant u-board either. Honestly the attack gaining effect is rather underwhelming. Either bump that up to like 800, or maybe consider something different. It probably needs to have some form of protection if it can't have OTK potential. Also, in context, it's important to realize that Konami almost never lets a monster have a strict "Monster Reborn" effect. It's almost always followed up by a restriction on it attacking or using its effect, in addition to maybe limiting further summons that turn.

I understand your criticism, and I will think of ways to change it, but I just want to point out that it does have a restriction on the monster you Summon.

I agree with the previous posts. The fact I could even use this as a stepping stone off a Borrel, then fetch that Borrel again is mad as it is. It actually assists U-boards by giving you a chance to essentially move one of your Links into another position, by sending it then rezing it. Making a Link 5 isn't difficult enough tbh. I'd probably recommend changing to "2+ Effect monsters, including 1 Xyz monster" maybe?

If you wanted to make it less abusive in a U-board perhaps Flip the arrows.

Okay, so I made it so you can't Special Summon for the rest of the turn, so an Extra Link would be impossible that same turn, hopefully that's enough, and considering the speed of this game, your monster will probably be gone before you get the chance to Extra Link, which is not even my intention with this card.

Archived