Federal Judge Strikes down ACA

Ryusei the Morning Star

https://twitter.com/nicholas_bagley/status/1073743858876514304

The Texas decision on the Affordable Care Act is out. The individual mandate is unconstitutional, the court rules, and the mandate can't be severed from the rest of the Act.

Nationwide injunction. And 5COA where it will be appealed is full of Trump appointments.

Dua2jbAXcAAwgDt.jpg

Dua2kiDWwAYMbbe.jpg

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5629711-Texas-v-US-Partial-Summary-Judgment.html

I couldn't care less about the ACA. But the left has time after time shopped for a specific judge in California to get their bullshit rulings. So yeah, funk them. 

While I don't like the decision, I can't find any reasonable flaws with it ATM. Precedent is clear, and the mandate did keep the system from becoming a death spiral. Shame that Congressional Republicans had to do this via the backdoor than an outright repeal, but that's politics.

I mean, you didn't seem to mind when that's the way abortion, daca, and the travel ban were dealt with on the left

>that's politics

What part of that did you not understand, Winter? And I suggest you stay on topic, unless you want this thread locked.

As for the decision, I'm scared of the worst-case scenario: no more protection for pre-existing conditions, no Medicaid expansion, no premium subsidies, etc. I doubt those would be considered for another two years, at least.

>that's politics

What part of that did you not understand, Winter? And I suggest you stay on topic, unless you want this thread locked.

As for the decision, I'm scared of the worst-case scenario: no more protection for pre-existing conditions, no Medicaid expansion, no premium subsidies, etc. I doubt those would be considered for another two years, at least.

Well, Nancy Pelosi can ask for a bill including those back for uh....wall funding :)

But that's just politics 

Okay, moved to Debates because we all can see where this is going.

Second, could you all, for jesus-titty-funking-once go a page without trying to antagonize each other and be civil about this? funk!

Third, if you're gonna post, at least be a bit more relevant than "Oh this is some good tea slurp slurp".

Winter and Dad, you're both getting verbal warnings here. But only one. Knock it off with the antagonization Winter, and say something more relevant than smug callbacks Dad.

Okay, moved to Debates because we all can see where this is going.

Second, could you all, for jesus-titty-funking-once go a page without trying to antagonize each other and be civil about this? funk!

Third, if you're gonna post, at least be a bit more relevant than "Oh this is some good tea slurp slurp".

You're clearly not American Broke. N, so let me explain. There is this bullshit thing called nationwide injunctions where one judge in one district court in one state can make his ruling binding over the whole nation

The left has used it to strike down many rightwing laws, even in the last 2 years. Now a conservative judge did the same to a leftwing law. 

Live by the sword, die by the sword

No, I'm not. I am Australian, proudly so as a matter of fact. But I don't need to be American or Australian to note that you ignored the fact that I am TELLING you to stop antagonizing people. I don't give a funk about your political stance, but I do have to take exception when you're deliberately antagonizing someone. As I said, you've been given a verbal warning. Any further goes at Striker, or anyone else, will have action taken.

And that goes the same for anyone else.

Also it's LIVE by the sword, not life. If you're going to quote sheet at least say it right.

Yeah I didn't attack striker at all. What I did do was mention he didn't mind said legal maneuver when his side used it. Something he admitted to in his previous post and then re-affirmed to me in the following post. 

It's also un-related to politics really. More an unbalanced judicial power. So I humble request you read what was written before barging in with the hot takes not based in reality. 

Also thank you for that, I didn't even notice that I had swapped the v for the f :)

Okay. Here's something relevant for you. Cuts to healthcare in general (not just the ACA) affect a wide populous. Including veterans. Given that a large portion of them suffer from PTSD, schizophrenia, and trauma, I'm pretty pissed off that they will lose their insurance (some of them).

To attribute their worth to getting funding for a political stunt is mind boggling.

The VA has lost money time and time again too. The "richest" country in the world can't feed it's homeless or veterans but we've got money for a wall.

The United States is a joke.

Yeah I didn't attack striker at all. What I did do was mention he didn't mind said legal maneuver when his side used it. Something he admitted to in his previous post and then re-affirmed to me in the following post. 

It's also un-related to politics really. More an unbalanced judicial power. So I humble request you read what was written before barging in with the hot takes not based in reality. 

Also thank you for that, I didn't even notice that I had swapped the v for the f :)

Deep inhale I said AN-TAG-O-NIZE! Not attack, antagonize. lrn 2 words. Secondly, he showed clear annoyance in your response, and said just as much. You deliberately antagonized him, so stop doing that. That's what you were warned for.

Secondly, I am aware of what a hot button issue ACA is, especially among Democrats and Republicans. Especially given that, much like Social Security, Medicare is a boogeyman Mitch McConnell is using as a scapegoat for why there is deficit in the federal budget. This is causing quite a stir, especially among left-leaning people who point to the tax cuts that may or may not be causing said dip. Stir it whichever way you like it, ACA issues are politics because your two-party system has made it so.

@@Dad

Thank you.

Okay. Here's something relevant for you. Cuts to healthcare in general (not just the ACA) affect a wide populous. Including veterans. Given that a large portion of them suffer from PTSD, schizophrenia, and trauma, I'm pretty pissed off that they will lose their insurance (some of them).

To attribute their worth to getting funding for a political stunt is mind boggling.

The VA has lost money time and time again too. The "richest" country in the world can't feed it's homeless or veterans but we've got money for a wall.

The United States is a joke.

VA operates on a different exchange market and is single payer. It is largely insulted from this unless a vet switched from the VA to a private exchange

Archived