4 Dark Neostorm Cards (DANE)

I do approve of the acronym as a fellow Dane.

Xceed.jpg?resize=300%2C207&ssl=1

DANE-JP036 Firewall Xceed Dragon
Rank 4 DARK Cyberse Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2000
Materials: 2+ Level 4 monsters
(1) This Xyz Summoned card gains 500 ATK x the combined Link Rating of the Link Monsters that are linked to it.
(2) You can detach 2 materials from this card, then target 1 Link-4 Cyberse Link Monster in your GY; Special Summon it to your field so that it points to this card, also you cannot Special Summon monsters or attack directly for the rest of this turn.

DANE-JP052 Salamangrate Recurrence / Salamangreat Recurrence
Normal Spell Card
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) Target 2 “Salamangreat” monsters with different names in your GY; add them to your hand.
(2) If this Set card is destroyed by card effect and sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Salamangreat” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, except “Salamangreat Recurrence”.

ChimeraWrestling.jpg?resize=300%2C207&ss

DANE-JP005 Altergeist Fifinellag
Level 2 DARK Spellcaster Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 1000
(1) Your opponent cannot target “Altergeist” monsters you control for attacks, or with card effects, except “Altergeist Fifinellag”.

DANE-JP030 Dinowrestler Chimera T Wrextle
Level 8 EARTH Dinosaur Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 3500
DEF 0
1 “Dinowrestler” Link Monster + 1 “Dinowrestler” monster
(1) If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Traps until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.
(3) Your opponent cannot select other monsters for attacks.
(4) If this card destroys a monster by battle: It gains 500 ATK.
(5) If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.

Oh look, a nerfed retrain version for Firewall Dragon already :v

I find amusing you can use more than 2 materials, and the (2) effect has no OPT whatsoever. I would think it wants to be Summoned with 4+ materials and use that effect twice in the same turn, but then it has the SS lock afterwards so IDK why one would ever Summon it with more than 2 materials.

Seems Fifinelag will allow Altergeists to play the Needlefiber game? IDK how beneficial would that be for the deck, if at all.

Dinowrestlers are not a Fusion archetype, are they? So either they have Fusion support incoming, or they want them to play Necro Fusion xD

Also, 5 effects on a card, huh. Remarkable, at the moment I can't think of any card that has that many effects, but surely there are a handful out there.

I mean they technically didnt need to "Nerf" it that hard though.

But yes if by some magic of player insight that you manage to stack enough Xyz Mat you can summon multiple Links. Though this time you burdened with hefty cost that make the lack of opt not matter much

I find amusing you can use more than 2 materials, and the (2) effect has no OPT whatsoever. I would think it wants to be Summoned with 4+ materials and use that effect twice in the same turn, but then it has the SS lock afterwards so IDK why one would ever Summon it with more than 2 materials.

Seems Fifinelag will allow Altergeists to play the Needlefiber game? IDK how beneficial would that be for the deck, if at all.

Dinowrestlers are not a Fusion archetype, are they? So either they have Fusion support incoming, or they want them to play Necro Fusion xD

Also, 5 effects on a card, huh. Remarkable, at the moment I can't think of any card that has that many effects, but surely there are a handful out there.

They use Links, this Fusion and Synchro in the anime.

The new Firewall is weird, I wonder how Yusaku intends to summon it, hopefully he gets a new Link 2 for that.

The Salamangreat card is nice, having played them myself a few times I would not be surprised if people would mainly use it to recycle Links as well, given that the other resources work amazing on their own, once the setup is complete (like Jack Jaguar).

The Altergeist only matters if the Synchro gets released, which it more or less confirms.

The Dinowrestler is far better than expected, if they get a Link 1 it might be tolerable ... it has an oversized body, lacks any form of disruption (apart from Pankratops triggering it during the opponent's turn) and has no protection.

I really do not like Gore using these over Goukis now and this card is just as unimpressive as the others (only Pankratops and that one is more generic support, than support for its own archtype).

I take it you don't watch the anime, because these are from there, where Altergeist got Synchros and Dinowrestlers got Fusions.

Using their useless, battle overfocused Link 3 on the field and a Dinowrestler in Gore's hand, so he effectively invests 5 cards into this.

Is this cards worth even a second card (in your opinion) ?

IDK, they can always make it work with the right support. A straightforward route is an archetype Miracle Fusion, but they could also go for a Link monster(s) with built-in Fusion Summoning effects, similar to AG Hound or Construct Link, able to use itself to contribute to the materials.

>detach 2 materials to SS a Link-4 Cyberse from your GY...

Ok, so in terms of the anime, Playmaker could summon Firewall one last time (unless this effect is different in the anime, which could be likely) to make this eff live. IRL speaking the only targets are the Links that Revolver acquired.

If I had known that the cover card would be revealed around this time, then I would've avoided the set spoilers until after the next episode aired.

Man, I sure love how Firewall Evilswarm Dragon has an entire 2 targets. Firewall (banned) and Gumblar. Because, remember, Borrels are dragons, not Cyberse.

Salamangreat Recurrence is great, but good luck doing anything with a deck that's not spammy enough for Extra Link, but also lacks good ED bosses.

The Altergeist's effect is bad... but literally every other aspect of the card, down to name, is fantastic. Good type, level, attribute, stats, everything. Good addition.

the dinowrestler is garbage even with a link 1 because it doesn't fuckign do anything, it just sits there and looks menacing

Archived