GoFundMe page for Trump's wall

Thar

I'm confused. Trump was very clear that Mexico would pay for it, but the person who started this is from Florida

Well technically, Mexico will pay for it, the new NAFTA deal extracts a higher cost per unit labor, and requires a higher NA content in manufacturing, both of which will lower Mexico's marginal profits

Oh...you weren't being serious, just going for the cheap likes from the slackjawed sheep on the forum...nvm

Well technically, Mexico will pay for it, the new NAFTA deal extracts a higher cost per unit labor, and requires a higher NA content in manufacturing, both of which will lower Mexico's marginal profits

Oh...you weren't being serious, just going for the cheap likes from the slackjawed sheep on the forum...nvm

Speaking of the devil, here he is. What are your thoughts on this?

I forgot that Mexico's only "allies" are the U.S. at the moment. Yeah no we'll definitely see this funded through GFM and Mexico lmfaooooooooooooo.

Don't you love delusions of grandeur?

Are you actually illiterate? Cuz your post doesn't really address much of anything from my post.

USMCA moves more of the supply china in NAFTA to the US. Which does shift financial gains to the US yearly. 

Who Mexico's allies are doesn't matter, cuz the trade deal is only between three nations and Canada doesn't have the infrastructure to take advantage of the supply chain gains.

For the last several years, the United States has taken in about $35 billion per year in “Customs Duties and Fees,” accounting for just over 1 percent of total federal government revenues. That number will go up and pays for the wall. The problem is/was/will be, no matter how Trump gets the money, even if Mexico wrote him a check, Congress would choose how to spend it. 

Take a class on how your nation works every once in a while, that way you wont be eating deep fried crow

FYI: the use of "lol" and exaggerated "lmfao" doesn't make your post any more grounded in reality or intellectual.

Speaking of the devil, here he is. What are your thoughts on this?

Stupid, even if they get to the goal, the money just goes funking Chuck Shitbag Schumer due to how the senate filibuster works. Shut the government down and deprive liberal prios like the planned parenthood their funding till the democrats bend.

Conservatives argue that government is unneeded, well here's their chance to prove it

Reminder to avoid the spammy/flamey posts everyone. This isn't in Debates but that doesn't mean it's free range.

That being said...this is kind of ridiculous. The idea that we'd need the people to gather to pay for this and that it clearly won't get nearly enough even at that just means this entire thing is practically a joke. It's kind of sad honestly.

Are you actually illiterate? Cuz your post doesn't really address much of anything from my post.

There's a reason "allies" is in quotes.  Mexico would be better off backing out every time.

Conservatives argue that government is unneeded, well here's their chance to prove it

Except conservatives argue a lot of sheet and never stand to it.  They're just dumber democrats.

For the last several years, the United States has taken in about $35 billion per year in “Customs Duties and Fees,” accounting for just over 1 percent of total federal government revenues. That number will go up and pays for the wall. The problem is/was/will be, no matter how Trump gets the money, even if Mexico wrote him a check, Congress would choose how to spend it. 

Except Mexico will never write a check.  And your friends down in Florida don't realize it will take 20+ years to build that wall at this payrate through Gofundme.  So Congress won't see that money.  But ya boi who started this just might.

And Democrats aren't gonna bend to the wall because they don't gain any clout from it.  Their sauce is "we need to be in a positive light for 2020".  They won't bend.  The wall isn't gonna get funded and those numbers aren't gonna move very far.

Shut the government down and deprive liberal prios like the planned parenthood their funding till the democrats bend.

You think Democrats give a sheet about Planned Parenthood?  Even when the parties flipped, they only used it to gain seats.  Nobody in their seats is actually willing to push for it.  They're all bark and no tree.  Just a bunch of stiff funkers in suits who "don't look as bad as the GOP".

You might get Osario to open her mouth, but the rest of them will turn a blind eye.

There's a reason "allies" is in quotes.  Mexico would be better off backing out every time.

Except conservatives argue a lot of sheet and never stand to it.  They're just dumber democrats.

Except Mexico will never write a check.  And your friends down in Florida don't realize it will take 20+ years to build that wall at this payrate through Gofundme.  So Congress won't see that money.  But ya boi who started this just might.

And Democrats aren't gonna bend to the wall because they don't gain any clout from it.  Their sauce is "we need to be in a positive light for 2020".  They won't bend.  The wall isn't gonna get funded and those numbers aren't gonna move very far.

You think Democrats give a sheet about Planned Parenthood?  Even when the parties flipped, they only used it to gain seats.  Nobody in their seats is actually willing to push for it.  They're all bark and no tree.  Just a bunch of stiff funkers in suits who "don't look as bad as the GOP".

You might get Osario to open her mouth, but the rest of them will turn a blind eye.

I mean yes?

Still not getting your mexico point, they're locked into this. Maybe they should have walked, but that'd mean falling into the arms of people even more vicious than the US

Federal workers are mostly already democrat voters who are highly motivated to vote. Not a lot of losses for the GOP on that front. The defense bill already passed iirc, so the soldiers will still get paid. Dems aren't holding a pair of aces here

Go look up how much PP and other liberal orgs poured into the midterm. This shut down is not a bad thing at all. 

AOC might open her mouth, but Pelosi will probs gag her first

Maybe they should have walked, but that'd mean falling into the arms of people even more vicious than the US

Like who?  I actually don't know.

Federal workers are mostly already democrat voters who are highly motivated to vote. Not a lot of losses for the GOP on that front. The defense bill already passed iirc, so the soldiers will still get paid. 

Yeah it passed.  Still seems like a stiffie to these soldiers in the long run, but I digress.

Go look up how much PP and other liberal orgs poured into the midterm. 

Lobbying isn't a good thing.  At all.  But I betchu if women's healthcare didn't include abortions, Planned Parenthood would have a lot more funding.  Then their name wouldn't be some taboo topic for no reason.  Obviously this goes into another topic, but to stay on point, I don't like lobbying.

AOC might open her mouth, but Pelosi will probs gag her first

Didn't Osario support Pelosi?  Or do I have that backward?  But Osario has a big mouth.  If anything she'll look for support and then start talking.  She's about the only Dem in the house with any gall.

Like who?  I actually don't know.

Yeah it passed.  Still seems like a stiffie to these soldiers in the long run, but I digress.

Lobbying isn't a good thing.  At all.  But I betchu if women's healthcare didn't include abortions, Planned Parenthood would have a lot more funding.  Then their name wouldn't be some taboo topic for no reason.  Obviously this goes into another topic, but to stay on point, I don't like lobbying.

Didn't Osario support Pelosi?  Or do I have that backward?  But Osario has a big mouth.  If anything she'll look for support and then start talking.  She's about the only Dem in the house with any gall.

Europe and Asia as a whole are pretty brutal. Europe's regulations would break Mexico's back, and Asia would rob them blind. Also goods take money to move, so it's a less opulent deal

In a year? Sure. But the idea of splitting the omnibus into the multiple minibus bills means the GOP can save the 1-2 sets of federal works they care about. 

Maybe, the right would care a lot less about them, but they surely also get blue money due to being an abortion mill. It might cut both ways. But as you noted, different topic

AOC says stupid things that aren't politically smart. I think the right underestimates her, but she doesn't really have the greatest political instincts 

Well, it's a roundabout way of doing things, but it can actually be done

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2011/04/orrin-hatch-says-you-can-send-a-few-extra-bucks-along-with-your-tax-return-is-that-true.html

So with the question of "Can you?" out of the way, the question of "Should you?" becomes important, and imo, if you feel the wall is important to national security, why not put your money where your mouth is? There's nothing illegal about it, it's gotten enough public attention already that scamming the donors would be an eternal jail sentence (if not getting you outright murdered), and there's no reason not to donate to support a cause that you voted for. It's a drop in the bucked compared to the national budget but it's still coming in, and the higher it climbs, the more it shows support for the presidents policies.

This is one of those things where people might want to keep laughing, but it actually could happen. 15 million+ in just 5 days is no small number.

Apparently there is a reason for this...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7207?q={"search"%3A["funding"]}&s=1&r=3

Hasn't proceeded past introduction, but it's a thing.

That's cited on the GoFundMe page, and it seems that this fundraiser depends entirely on if both that and the Border Wall Bonds Act are passed.

Well, it's a roundabout way of doing things, but it can actually be done

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2011/04/orrin-hatch-says-you-can-send-a-few-extra-bucks-along-with-your-tax-return-is-that-true.html

So with the question of "Can you?" out of the way, the question of "Should you?" becomes important, and imo, if you feel the wall is important to national security, why not put your money where your mouth is? There's nothing illegal about it, it's gotten enough public attention already that scamming the donors would be an eternal jail sentence (if not getting you outright murdered), and there's no reason not to donate to support a cause that you voted for. It's a drop in the bucked compared to the national budget but it's still coming in, and the higher it climbs, the more it shows support for the presidents policies.

This is one of those things where people might want to keep laughing, but it actually could happen. 15 million+ in just 5 days is no small number.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/20/crowdfunding-border-wall/2373628002/

Congress also has to approve of accepting the money, and using it for a specific purpose has to be reviewed by the Office for General Counsel. It's not as simple as "Raise this much money, then we can fund the wall."

If you can raise a few billion in a few weeks, go for it.

Then go put that money into healthcare, infrastructure, and helping our veterans. I knew these people were dumb but this is a new level of obviousness.

You will not find anybody who doesn't believe that healthcare, infrastructure, and veterans do not deserve money. The argument there is how to do so. Once the "how" is knocked out, the funding will automatically flow. Same as the prison reform bill that passed recently, people wanted it, they just didn't agree on where to start. As such, once the "how" was decided, it passed with bipartisan support, and has backing from all sides. 

The wall is another thing entirely, the "how" has already been decided, and is actually in progress, but the funding is not there, due to congress blocking all motions for funding. As such, the move to crowdfunding is something that is easily understandable.

Archived