[19PP] Dangerous Frightfur Nightmary

d08355e0.png

Dangerous Frightfur Nightmary

Level 10 DARK Fiend Fusion Effect Monster

2000 ATK / 3000 DEF

1 "Edge Imp" monster + 2 "Fluffal" monsters

(1) Gains 300 ATK for each Fairy or Fiend monster in your GY during your turn.

(2) When this Fusion Summoned card destroys a monster by battle: You can send "Edge Imp", "Fluffal", or "Frightfur" monsters from your Deck to the GY, equal to that monster's Level.

(3) When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets this card you control (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Frightfur" monster from your Extra Deck; negate the activation.

No Fluffal expert, but this looks bad to me. Am I wrong?

3 materials looks like a lot, the (2) effect is situational, and the (3) kinda is, as well. If it gains ATK only during your turn it should be easy for the opponent to run over it.

Well it has targeting proof and Fluffals tend to run a lot of Frightfurs, while only running a few Xyzs and Links, so there should be fodder for that.

Beyond that the Summoning conditions are nice, it does not require a specific Edge-Imp (unlike Tiger and Wolf) and using 2 Fluffals is hardly an issue with Fluffal Wings, Penguin, Cat, Edge-Imp Chains etc.

This feels like a finisher, given how fast Fluffals go through resources , its too bad the second effect only works if it was Fusion Summoned, meaning it cannot be used to Fusion climb with Sabre Tooth, which means one needs to either use a Link monster or not summon 2-3 additonal Sabre Tooth, something the archtype(s) is/are not willing to do during their First turn.

Targeting proof on a massive beater during a later turn is nice though.

This card is actually a lot like Frightfur Daredevil, in that it is a Fusion you use after the initial onslaught to finish your opponent (given the massive burn Daredevil can deal if the opponent tries to stop its attack or removal it later), only that this focues on massive battle damage over massive burn ... too bad it is not able to stop Borrelsword switching its mode though, so against Borrelsword the deck has to go for Daredevil or Tiger if it comes to that.

1 EI + 2 Floof

I mean, I guess?

Gains 300 per Fairy/Fiend in Grave

Nea-

During your turn

Why? What's wrong with this being swole during opp's turn?

When this fusion summoned...

Oh no.

Destroys a monster by battle...

This is floof, why would THIS card be needed to kill a thing, much less actually do it

That isn't even good. Legit, you only want to mill Scissors and Wings, and this depends on it not punching a Link or Xyz to do so. It sets up for massive Frightfur Fusion swings, but this is a battle effect. That's really slow setup.

Oh buddy, this mediocre beater can protect itself! I sure wish there were ways to deal with it that weren't targeting based, given that it's a MASSIVE 2000 during the opponent's turn!

This card isn't like Daredevil. Daredevil is an easy to access 3k beater that may burn/has a good level for beginning your Sabretooth plays. And, even then, Daredevil is worse than Kraken most of the time. You don't make Daredevil late game, because you already make giant monsters via Sabretooth and Tiger.

[...] This card isn't like Daredevil. Daredevil is an easy to access 3k beater that may burn/has a good level for beginning your Sabretooth plays. And, even then, Daredevil is worse than Kraken most of the time. You don't make Daredevil late game, because you already make giant monsters via Sabretooth and Tiger.

I did mention Daredevil and Nightmary only get a mention if you, for whatever reason went for Sabretooth plays without winning, lose said monsters, survive a turn and then still have the resources for them.

As you mentioned Kraken is strictly better outside of those niche scenarios.

There is literally no reason to care even the slightest bit about either before failing to win with the initial wave.

Archived