325 replies to this topic

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:11 PM

That depends, are we talking about an undocumented immigrant, or a different kind of fugitive? If you mean the latter, then that is not the case.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts
    Last Visit 26 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

That depends, are we talking about an undocumented immigrant, or a different kind of fugitive? If you mean the latter, then that is not the case.

So non-violent crimes is the red line. Fairly confident this will go to SCOTUS

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

Trump would lose there as well, since the precedent is not in his favor. The law favors sanctuary cities. What difference would taking it to SCOTUS make? They've upheld the anti-commandeering doctrine as recently as last year. Trump's case hinges entirely on asking the courts to let him violate that doctrine. I can assure you that SCOTUS won't grant his wish.

vla1ne

vla1ne

Edited for spelling errors.

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
    Last Visit Aug 21 2019 10:47 PM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

a) no, i do not work at twitter. i do browse it a lot. i will not disclose my handle here. but i don't have a job there if that is what you're asking.

but you know what, i've realized something. what does any of this shit about bias against conservative views on internet platforms have anything to do with the merits (or, some would argue, the lack thereof) of having a wall on the southern border or busing illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities? the thing about your arguments lately, i've noticed, is that you bring up something irrelevant to the topic the thread is roughly about, then demand or otherwise encourage an answer to it. your only point in the quoted section was about the conservatives-kicked-off-platforms thing. we could argue all day about whether that's really happening or not, but if we're going to do that, we should make a separate thread specifically for that kind of thing.

now, to give credit where credit is due, i did ask for sources on your claim so i do share some responsibility in this derailing. but let's get back on track now.

My apologies, due to joker, stage builder, Easter, and copious amounts of overtime, haven’t been able to respond.

So first, I wasn’t asking if you worked, there. I was just making the point that you don’t work at twitter, so I have no beef with you personally over twitters policies, as you yourself have no say in them. As for how we got on twitter, I used it as an offhand example, you objected to the point, and things continued from there, which is how we went down that road. But yeah, that was a tangent that went on a bit to far. by the way, I respond to every single point in a discussion sent my way, even if i do happen to go off topic for a bit. and even with the twitter thing, i adressed the rest of your points rather fairly alongside the twitter part. twitter was a small tangent that i used to back a point. it only went farther because you requested sources. had it been left then and there, i would not have brought it up again. no matter where the tangent goes, i generally bring it back to the point in question, or keep the point in question alongside any tangents.

To vla1ne

’To Roxas’

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts
To vla1ne

vla1ne

vla1ne

Edited for spelling errors.

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
    Last Visit Aug 21 2019 10:47 PM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

Roxas

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

Roxas

I'm keeping track of the different threads in this debate, but still going to stick with the spoilers for now.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

This is a strawman striker. Am I thirsting to gun down women and children. God no.

This aged poorly.

http://nymag.com/int...a-detained.html

Trump laughed at a suggestion to shoot immigrants, and "declined to explicitly condemn the idea that somebody should shoot them." There's also a video of an armed "militia" rounding up women and children, with one member of the militia allegedly saying "Why are we just apprehending them and not lining them up and shooting them? We have to go back to Hitler days and put them all in a gas chamber."

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts

This aged poorly.

http://nymag.com/int...a-detained.html

Trump laughed at a suggestion to shoot immigrants, and "declined to explicitly condemn the idea that somebody should shoot them." There's also a video of an armed "militia" rounding up women and children, with one member of the militia allegedly saying "Why are we just apprehending them and not lining them up and shooting them? We have to go back to Hitler days and put them all in a gas chamber."

Why is it Trump's job to condemn anything. If you think you have a case you can prosecute the militia members. 

Also lol Allegedly 

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

When the suggestion is made at his rally, and he is the one participating in these interviews when he directly addresses the possibility of a policy that could be enacted within his administration, and he laughs with the suggestion, then it is appropriate to demand that he display better behavior than he has so far.

I used "allegedly" because that was in the article, and did not want to leave that out, but they cite the police report for the quote, so it is a credible source. The leader of the group was also arrested, so action against the militia has already been taken. Trump has been enabling this behavior, and needs to be held accountable for doing so.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts

When the suggestion is made at his rally, and he is the one participating in these interviews when he directly addresses the possibility of a policy that could be enacted within his administration, and he laughs with the suggestion, then it is appropriate to demand that he display better behavior than he has so far.

I used "allegedly" because that was in the article, and did not want to leave that out, but they cite the police report for the quote, so it is a credible source. The leader of the group was also arrested, so action against the militia has already been taken. Trump has been enabling this behavior, and needs to be held accountable for doing so.

*shrugs*

I've already established my view on the policy in question

If you have the audacity to invade this country, you're going to be treated like an invader

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

That is a horrendous position, because nothing about them constitutes "invasion". The policy around revolves looking for excuses to murder people over the smallest imagined slight. This isn't about treating them like invaders because they're supposedly "invading this country." It's just preemptively targeting the people that Trump built his entire campaign vilifying with his racist rhetoric. I would prefer a policy that isn't grounded in Trump's scared little feelings about these so-called "invaders" .

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts
They're illegally trying to enter the country where they are neither allowed nor wanted

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

So all they're doing is walking into the country? Then shooting them is still murder, and the only excuse is baseless fear.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts

They come here, have kids, and then vote democrat

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

They come here, have kids, and then vote democrat

Again, how does any of that constitute "invasion"? All this means is killing people because you don't like the way they vote in school board elections.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch
  • 14,999 posts

Again, how does any of that constitute "invasion"? All this means is killing people because you don't like the way they vote in school board elections.

No? They deliver their kid here mate.

Its social engineering to change a country's political system

Democrats don't like the results, so they're willing to import voters to get to their goals

bngoeJd.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

Ah yes, they import kids who have to wait eighteen years before they would be eligible to vote, after which time we would have gone through four or five presidential terms - divided between however many presidents you like - and those electoral results would have long been changed several times over. Brilliant!

Make up your mind, are they "invading" a country that doesn't want them, or is it people within the country "importing" them? Because the latter means that these immigrants are in fact wanted, and again, your logic still hinges on "People are going to vote Democrat" as if that somehow warrants the death penalty.

I'd hardly call it social engineering when all you have is "Their kids are delivered here." That neglects any and all potential influences that determine why those immigrants would come to vote Democrat eighteen years down the line.

https://ricochet.com...emocrat-voters/

Here's a good article written from the perspective of a Republican, that asks an important question: "What intrinsic characteristics do Hispanics have (or immigrants from the other regions of the world prioritized by our post-’65 immigration policy) that makes them hardwired to vote Democrat? I understand that we don’t get their votes, but is that because they can’t be convinced? Or is it because we’re not being convincing?"

This conspiracy theory you're parroting hinges on a future where immigrants voting for Democrats is automatically a predetermined outcome. So your argument can best be summarized as "Future kids might vote for Democrats in the future, so we should kill the immigrants trying to deliver those babies." Getting angry about Democrats is no reason to kill people.

EDIT:

https://www.cato.org...california-blue

This makes a good case for debunking the insane "Democrats are importing immigrants to vote blue" conspiracy theory. Even if you discounted the children of immigrants, Democrats would still win against Republicans in certain states, because the GOP has done more to alienate existing voters, so it's their own damn fault if they lose, not Democrats "importing" new voters. It seems more like Republicans need a scapegoat so they can play the victim of some imaginary "invasion", rather than recognize that they simply failed to appeal to voters.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

Separation of kids for a short period (yes, a few weeks to a month is )to further prevent child trafficking is something to protest?

You know what else is something to protest?

https://shareblue.co...order-100-days/

Advocating to hold children for a hundred days, five times as long as we currently have. And the article notes that it mirrors a desire from Trump, so before you once again peddle the "They hate Trump just because he's Trump" nonsense for the umpteenth time, this is specifically about Graham and Trump wanting to change current policy; changes that they are trying to create. We can argue against what they are proposing precisely because they are the ones making these ideas. The article also calls out your previous attempts to claim that asylum seekers don't show up to court by providing data that shows how Graham was lying.

So we have a Republican (Who has just committed witness tampering, by the way) lying through his teeth to attempt justifying holding children in captivity for 100 days, and is specifically singling out Central America to do so. The article mentions that Trump ended a program designed to help people immigrate, so it's safe to say that these actions are explicitly designed to harm immigrants as much as possible. Graham uses Winter's "invasion" rhetoric, which, if Winter's conspiracy theory is anything to go by, just means "We're scared of people who might vote Democrat within a couple decades."

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

Legendary Member

• The Chariot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,827 posts

https://www.esquire....cilities-trump/

The Trump administration is using a former Japanese concentration camp as a new concentration camp for immigrants. I don't see how "They hate Trump just because he's Trump" is somehow a bad thing when this is who Trump is. The article does address that some of these institutions stretch back to Clinton and Obama, and it also makes careful distinctions about policies that Trump specifically implemented.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users