Creepypasta Archetype

YugiohFan210

I have a great idea for a custom archetype: Creepypasta!

I have a few monsters and a spell card. I'll spitball them below, and you guys tell me what you think.

Slenderman, the Stalker of Creepypasta

Level 8

ATK: 2000

DEF: 2000

Fiend type

Dark attribute

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "No End, the House of Creepypasta", and cannot be summoned by other ways. This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls, equip it to this card (max. 1). This card gains ATK/DEF equal to half the equipped monster. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy the equipped monster instead.

Jeff, the Killer of Creepypasta

Level 4

Not sure what type to make this card.

Dark attribute

ATK: 1500

DEF: 1500

Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. If this card is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Creepypasta" monster from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Jeff, the Killer of Creepypasta" once per turn.

Ben, the Drowned of Creepypasta

Level 3

Fiend type (If you can think of a better type for this monster, feel free to let me know)

Water or Dark attribute (Can't decide)

ATK: 1000

DEF: 1000

Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. If this card is destroyed by card effect: You can add 1 "Creepypasta" card from your deck or GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Ben, the Drowned of Creepypasta" once per turn.

Tails, the Doll of Creepypasta

Level 3

Fiend type

Dark attribute

ATK: 0

DEF: 500

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. If you control fewer monsters than your opponent, you can Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. If this card is Special Summoned this way, you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Creepypasta" Monster from your Hand, Deck, or GY. If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Creepypasta" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your Hand. You can only use each effect of "Tails, the Doll of Creepypasta" once per turn.

That rounds off the monsters for now. On to the spells.

No End, the House of Creepypasta

Field Spell

Each time a "Creepypasta" monster is Normal or Special Summoned to your field, place 1 counter on this card. All "Creepypasta" monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF for each counter on this card. While you have 3 or more "Creepypasta" monsters with different names in your GY: you can remove 3 counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "Slenderman, the Stalker of Creepypasta" from your Hand. You can only use this effect of "No End, the House of Creepypasta" once per turn. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by card effect, you can remove 1 counter from this card instead.

Creepypasta Narration

Normal Spell

Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Creepypasta" monster from your Hand or GY.

That's all the cards I can think of at the moment. If you have any ideas for other cards for this archetype, feel free to let me know. Also, feel free to suggest artwork for these cards (I would like to make them on Duelingbook so I can test them out for nerfing and buffing purposes).

Welcome to the custom cards section! Let's give your cards a look.

Jeff could be a Warrior, Ben could be a Spellcaster, or Fiend works, and Tails Doll could also be a Beast? I dunno, just to spice it up a little if it doesn't matter. WATER would work for Ben as well if you're interested in that.

So...there's no max counters on the Field Spell? That could be annoying, especially as it uses it to protect itself. While the rest of the archetype doesn't really stand out (Tails makes me think of the Wind Witch, Speedroid, and Predaplant duo, Slenderman is Dreadmaster or Dark Necrofear, and your other two monsters do something to a monster and search) said Field is perhaps the most interesting part of the archetype.

While these function alright as a small set of cards named and style after the Creepypasta mythos, their effects don't really call me towards said mythos. It just seems like a decent mini-engine/archetype that could be given any amount of themes. If you made one of these cards, let's say... a Predaplant, it wouldn't really stand out too much among them. My suggestion is to either give them a gimmick (see the Danger! archetype) or try and give them effects that represent the characters you are trying to implement here. Makes them a bit more interesting to play against/read than the standard YGO archetype :3

Thanks for the input! I will address your response in parts.

Jeff could be a Warrior, Ben could be a Spellcaster, or Fiend works, and Tails Doll could also be a Beast? I dunno, just to spice it up a little if it doesn't matter. WATER would work for Ben as well if you're interested in that.

I did make Jeff a warrior as fiend type just didn't make sense for him. I may well make Ben a Spellcaster as I like that idea, and beast type does make sense for Tails.

So...there's no max counters on the Field Spell? That could be annoying, especially as it uses it to protect itself. While the rest of the archetype doesn't really stand out (Tails makes me think of the Wind Witch, Speedroid, and Predaplant duo, Slenderman is Dreadmaster or Dark Necrofear, and your other two monsters do something to a monster and search) said Field is perhaps the most interesting part of the archetype.

Should there be a limit on the number of counters the player can place on No End (the field spell)? If so, what should it be? I'll have to look at the stories of Tails Doll and Ben Drowned. to see about a better effect for them. Jeff's monster destroying effect is supposed to reflect the fact that he's a killer (Jeff the KILLER). I tailored Slenderman's effect to reflect his story (He's tall, he can attack directly. He's known to abduct kids, he can equip an opponent's monster. I nerfed that a bit by only allowing half of the equipped monster's attack and defense to be added to Slenderman's).

I have added a few monsters and another spell to the archetype since posting this. I'll pop them in on my next reply to this thread as my brother is being obnoxiously impatient and REALLY wants to play on the computer.

Okay, so, as I said in my previous post on here, I'm sharing the new cards I made for my Creepypasta archetype.

Jason, the Toymaker of Creepypasta

Level 6

ATK: 1900

DEF:  1700

Dark attribute

Spellcaster type

Effect:  When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Creepypasta" monster from your Hand or GY. You can banish this card from your GY; Draw 1 card. You can only gain this effect of "Jason, the Toymaker of Creepypasta" once per turn.

Sonic, the EXE of Creepypasta

Level 5

ATK:  1600

DEF:  1600

Dark attribute

Beast type

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; that target loses 500 DEF. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect; target 1 "Creepypasta" monster you control; that target gains 500 ATK/DEF until the next End Phase.

The Rake, the Cryptid of Creepypasta

Level 4

ATK: 1700

DEF:  1500

Dark attribute

Beast type

Normal monster

"It uses its large claws to destroy its sleeping victims. No one can agree on the true nature of this beast."

That's all of the new monsters. I have updated the effects of some of the original monsters since posting this. They are as follows.

Slenderman, the Stalker of Creepypasta

Still Level 8

ATK is still 2000

DEF is still 2000

Still Dark attribute

Still Fiend type

New Effect:  Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your Hand) by the effect of "No End, the House of Creepypasta" and cannot be summoned by other ways. This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip it to this card (max. 1). This card gains ATK/DEF equal to half the equipped monster's ATK/DEF. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy the equipped monster instead.

Tails, the Doll of Creepypasta

Still Level 3

ATK is still 0

DEF is still 500

Still Dark attribute

Now a beast type

New Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. If you control fewer monsters than your opponent, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position. If this card is summoned this way, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Creepypasta" monster from your Hand, Deck, or GY, and if you do, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Creepypasta" monsters. If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Creepypasta" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your Hand. You can only use each effect of "Tails, the Doll of Creepypasta" once per turn.

That's all the monster news for now. I have added a new spell to the archetype. It is as follows:

The Red Room of Creepypasta

Continuous Spell

Effect: All "Creepypasta" monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each "Creepypasta" monster you control and in your GY. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not destroyed.

I have altered the effect of No End, the House of Creepypasta. It is now as follows:

Each time a "Creepypasta" monster is Summoned to your side of the field, place 1 Creepypasta counter on this card. You can only use each of these effects of "No End, the House of Creepypasta" once per turn:

● You can remove 3 Creepypasta counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "Creepypasta" monster from your Hand or Deck.

●If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Creepypasta counter from this card instead.

Still no traps for the archetype. Any suggestions are welcome!

Archived