[DANE] Altergeists

https://ygorganization.com/spookystone/

https://ygorganization.com/thiccghostsynchro/

[spoiler=Pics]

BB82ADCD-5E95-4AE1-988F-6CD607822901.jpeFAAED022-98F7-409E-B66A-21E1E1F9E27C.jpe

Altergeist Haunted Rock
Trap/Continuous
If this card was Set by the effect of an “Altergeist” card, you can activate it the turn it was Set.
You can use each effect among the (1)st and (2)nd with this card’s name only once per turn.
(1) When this card resolves, send 1 “Altergeist” monster from your hand to the GY.
(2) When your opponent activates a Trap Card: You can send 1 “Altergeist” monster from your hand to the GY; negate its effect, and if you do, destroy it.

Altergeist Dragvirion
DARK/Level 6/Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can use each effect among the (1)st and (2)nd effects with this card’s name only once per turn.
(1) When a Special Summoned monster your opponent controls declares an attack: You can return 1 “Altergeist” monster you control to the hand; negate that attack.
(2) If this card is Tributed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon it.
2200/1200

Can I request that ya change the thread name to Altergeist cards? Maybe it's just me, but when I clicked the thread, I was expecting Ghost Girl handtrap stuff.

I'm any case, I'm no expert on Altergeist, but that Synchro looks pretty bad. I mean, you can reset Multifaker, but it is dependent on the opponent to work. Will it ever go off? Also, if you're in a position to Summon this, wouldn't you be able to get out something more useful?

Can I request that ya change the thread name to Altergeist cards? Maybe it's just me, but when I clicked the thread, I was expecting Ghost Girl handtrap stuff.

To be fair, I misread Haunted Rock and didn't see it was an Altergeist name, and that's only because on the Org, the article's title is simply "Haunted Rock".

I too thought they were Ghost Girl Tuner support from the previous thread title xD

I don't see these being good. Haunted Rock is good for the mirror and vs. backrow-heavy decks so I guess it's a side card at best.

And the Synchro... I remember they will get a Tuner, but is the Synchro good enough for them? IDK. I don't remember Altergeist being consistent at Tributing to make use of its 2nd effect. Hextia does but AFAIK by the time Altergeist drop it, they are already ahead in the game. It could allow for cards techs that Tribute, though, with +300 ATK it would have been an EEV target. At least it has generic materials so you don't necessarily have to compromise your Altergeist stunning board to access it.

Forgive me folks, I know how off-putting my reviews can be, so here's a spoiler. I'm going in hard because I care, and this very thing I mention was on my mind since I saw its alternate activation conditions. 

Okay, so. 

Haunted Rock. Can be activated. On the first turn. Let me reiterate again.

A TRAP, in a Deck whose main Hextia-making playmaker reacts on the activation of TRAPS, can be activated on the first turn-after being set by Marionetter-in ALTERGEISTS. 

Literally everything else on this card is cosmetics, but in this case, those cosmetics prevent your opponent from Evenly Matching or Infinite Impermanencing your Summoned monsters until you hit Hextia, and should you be able to field The Majespecter Unicorn of VRAINS, which, again, Multifaker does disgustingly easily, You can bounce this Rock to get your vacuum started, and still have a monster ready to negate a Spell/Trap. 

This, again, is now available to the runner-up Deck of last year's Worlds. And everyone says it sucks. 

As for Dragviron....eee, Kunquery and this will make your opponent regret several decisions in their life, like how they thought they would ever be able to beat your board by battle, so there's that back-up option there.

8.5 for the Haunted Rock for upping Altergeist's speed and GY setup by an ENTIRE FACTOR OF MAGNITUDE, and 6.9 for Dragviron for allowing you to cheese your opponent's hopes of attacking your Silquiltous

Archived