My Own "Witch" Archetype Check It Out

Peter Rose

Here's a list of some of the "Witch" Cards I made and I want to get an opinion from you guys. Do you guys think its a little to good or just kinda weak.

Angela Queen of the Witches:
DARK / Level 8 / Spellcaster / Effect (ATK 3000 / DEF 1500)

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. If this card in your hand: You can Banishing 2 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster you control and/or in your GY: Special Summon this card. And if you do, all DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monsters on the field are unaffected by card effects until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn. This card is also treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possesion. During your Main Phase: Have you and your opponent Declare a Level then Excavate top cards of your Deck until you Excavated DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; If that Monster has different Level than your opponent declared, Banish 1 Monster your opponent control. And then if it has same Level as you declared, send that monster to GY. When this effect resolved, shuffle all of Excavated cards to your Deck. Once while this card face-up on the field: you can Banish 1 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent control. You can only use each effect of "Angela Queen of the Witches" once per turn.

Blue Dragon of the Witch:
DARK / Level 5 / Spellcaster / Effect (ATK 2300 / DEF 1500)

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. While this card is in your hand or GY: You can pay 500 LP; Special Summon this card also you cannot Summon Monsters for the rest of this turn Except DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monsters. This card gain 100 ATK for each DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster in your GY. If another DARK Spellcaster "Witch" is targeted for attack; you can change the Attack Target to this card, instead. You can only use each effect of "Blue Dragon of the Witch" once per turn.

Mythical Witch Valkyrie:
DARK / Level 2 / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect (ATK 200 / DEF 2000)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possesion. While your opponent controls no Monsters; You can Special Summon this card from your hand also you cannot Summon Monsters for the rest of this turn Except DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monsters. When the opponents Monster Declares an Attack: you can either Discard this card from your hand OR Banish this card from your GY; Negate that Attack and End the Battle Phase. You can only use each effect of "Mythical Witch Valkyrie" once per turn.

Blue Witch Of The North: (ATK 1700/ DEF 100)   (Spellcaster / Effect)   (3 Star)   (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand and if you do, add 1 Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand; you can only use this effect of "Blue Witch Of The North" once per turn. As long as you control only "Witch" Monsters on the field, all DARK Spellcaster "Witch" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. If this card was send to the GY by your opponent, add 1 "Witch" Monster with 1500 or less DEF from your deck to your hand; you cannot Summon it this turn.

Light At The End Of The Valley: (Normal Spell Card)

This cards name becomes "Dark Core" while in the Hand or field. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
1) Select up to 2 of your "Witch" monsters that are Banished or from your GY, add them to your hand; you cannot activate their effects this turn.
2) Reveal all "Witch" Monsters in your hand (Min 1) and if you do, you can Banish 1 face-up Attack Position Monster your opponent controls.

This card is treated as a "Witch" Card

Red Witch Of The Pit: (ATK 1950 / DEF 1450)   (Spellcaster / Effect)  (4 Star) (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Witch" card from your hand to banish 1 face-up Attack Position Monster your opponent controls and if you do, draw 1 card; it cannot Attack or be used a Synchro Material the turn it uses this effect. You can banish this card from your GY to add 1 "Dark Core" from your deck or GY to your hand.

The Witch At The Carnival: (ATK 2600/ DEF 1200) (Spellcaster / Effect) (6 Star) (Dark)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 face-up "Witch" card you control to the GY; you can only activate this effect of "The Witch At The Carnival" once per turn and only once that turn. If this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Witch" Monster from your hand. Once per turn, all Spellcaster Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, If "Dark Core" is in your GY, you can Pay 500 LP, add it to your hand.

If you guys can some how make these cards work in YGO Pro, please PM me. Thank yous so so much for reading.

Question, That "being treated as Normal" effect is applied where? In specific places like field, or hand, etc OR anywhere?

You missing the attributes on this card but im gonna assume all of them are DARKs

Valkyrie is a really strong for going 1st players, a free self summon Tuner when its your opponent being the ones that didn't have monster is too good in a oppresive way (especially with lack of OPT) Needlefiber will love the heck of this card. The double Negate Attack effect is sweet icing on top off it

Blue Dragon is also another nice self summon although this ones does have OPT also serve as another battle protection that doubled as damage dealer

Angela here its quite crazy. 2 DARK Spellcaster is way to easy for monster of its level. Immunity is fine but the removal effect is strong yet practically free both cost and risk wise. It also help to set up more stuff for GY plays which definitely overbearing. The mass backrow is strong but more acceptable given most player run less S/T nowdays

I think the main problem overall is way too good summon effect that lack HOPT or at very least needs to be a bit xenophobic to prevent abuse from another decks

Question, That "being treated as Normal" effect is applied where? In specific places like field, or hand, etc OR anywhere?

You missing the attributes on this card but im gonna assume all of them are DARKs

Valkyrie is a really strong for going 1st players, a free self summon Tuner when its your opponent being the ones that didn't have monster is too good in a oppresive way (especially with lack of OPT) Needlefiber will love the heck of this card. The double Negate Attack effect is sweet icing on top off it

Blue Dragon is also another nice self summon although this ones does have OPT also serve as another battle protection that doubled as damage dealer

Angela here its quite crazy. 2 DARK Spellcaster is way to easy for monster of its level. Immunity is fine but the removal effect is strong yet practically free both cost and risk wise. It also help to set up more stuff for GY plays which definitely overbearing. The mass backrow is strong but more acceptable given most player run less S/T nowdays

I think the main problem overall is way too good summon effect that lack HOPT or at very least needs to be a bit xenophobic to prevent abuse from another decks

After carefully reading your post, yeah I think your right on that department. But look at it like this, Blue Dragon cannot attack the turn its summoned by its effect, Valkyrie, while effective would mainly serve as more of a 'defender' rather than a tuner. Angela while powerful requires 'Witch' cards to make use of its effect. And lets not forget that although it can destroy your opponents spells and traps, its only once while its on the field requiring you to summon it again to make use of it.

And yes its a Normal Monster Everywhere for both Blue Dragon and Witch Valkyrie. And they're all Dark attribute.

Blue Dragon cannot attack the turn its summoned by its effect, Valkyrie, while effective would mainly serve as more of a 'defender' rather than a tuner.

i see that, but also think it this way: both of them didn't state that cannot be use as tribute or mat to summon non-Witch Monster. Thus can be use for Needlefiber for Valkyrie and anything else. I know that rule wise Casual Section should be view in less Meta perspective but given how strong this cards actually is kinda need to be addressed.

That being said im sorry if im sound like being to harsh

Angela while powerful requires 'Witch' cards to make use of its effect. And lets not forget that although it can destroy your opponents spells and traps, its only once while its on the field requiring you to summon it again to make use of it.

looking again at Angela. My opinion not change that much. S/T removal is fine as it is, And i can tolerate the summon condition, Monster removal is the one i concerned about. Its kinda like Dark Armed Dragon but unlike Dark Armed that actually spend its resource (banish so it cant be used plays most of the time) compare to this card that can send Blue Dragon > destroy things > summon Blue Dragon via its effects > use it to make more powerful things that also unaffected by card effect if happen to be DARK Spellcaster.

Now being confirm that they are DARK and can be treated as Normal anywhere. Their power level is raised by a bit. There quite number of Normal Summon support that really strong in this game. Unexpected Dai! For Valkyrie, Summoner's Art for Blue Dragon, Etc. But for now you dont have to concern that much about it i want to see more of your cards first so get going :)

i see that, but also think it this way: both of them didn't state that cannot be use as tribute or mat to summon non-Witch Monster. Thus can be use for Needlefiber for Valkyrie and anything else. I know that rule wise Casual Section should be view in less Meta perspective but given how strong this cards actually is kinda need to be addressed.

That being said im sorry if im sound like being to harsh

looking again at Angela. My opinion not change that much. S/T removal is fine as it is, And i can tolerate the summon condition, Monster removal is the one i concerned about. Its kinda like Dark Armed Dragon but unlike Dark Armed that actually spend its resource (banish so it cant be used plays most of the time) compare to this card that can send Blue Dragon > destroy things > summon Blue Dragon via its effects > use it to make more powerful things that also unaffected by card effect if happen to be DARK Spellcaster.

Now being confirm that they are DARK and can be treated as Normal anywhere. Their power level is raised by a bit. There quite number of Normal Summon support that really strong in this game. Unexpected Dai! For Valkyrie, Summoner's Art for Blue Dragon, Etc. But for now you dont have to concern that much about it i want to see more of your cards first so get going :)

You're not wrong to view it in a meta perspective. I just thought that my view of it would be the more 'appropriate' view of the cards I make. You were harsh but no offense taken here :) If anything, I'm glad you were harsh on these cards. It helps me to think more carefully next time I make a card of my own. Anyways, prepare to see an update on these cards soon, particularly erratas and even new support cards for the 'Witch" archetype. Stay tuned folks.

Here's the quick update on my 'Cards'

Angela, Queen Of The Witches:   (ATK 3000/ DEF 1500)   (Spellcaster/Effect)   (8 Star)  (DARK)

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summon (from your hand) by Banishing 2 DARK Spellcaster Type Monsters from your field and/or GY. When Special Summoned by this effect, all DARK Spellcaster Type Monsters you control are unaffected by your opponents Card effects untill the end of your opponents next turn. You can send 1 "Witch" Card from your Deck to the GY, Banish 1 face-up Card your opponent controls; you can only use this effect of "Angela, Queen Of The Witches" one per turn and only once that turn. Once per duel, you can Banish 1 "Witch" card from your GY, destroy all Spell & Trap cards your opponent controls.

Blue Dragon Of The Witch:   (ATK 2300/ DEF 1500)     (Spellcaster/Effect)    (5 Star)  (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. You can pay 500 LP to Special Summon this card from your hand or GY; you can only activate this effect of "Blue Dragon Of The Witch" once per turn and only once that turn. If a "Witch" Monster you control were targeted for an attack, you can have it target this card for an attack instead. This card gains 100 ATK for every "Witch" Monster in your GY.

Mystical Witch Valkyrie:   (ATK 800/ DEF 2200)     (Spellcaster/ Tuner)    (2 Star)  (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. If your opponent controls no Monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand; this card cannot be used as Synchro Material except for the Synchro Summoning of a DARK attribute Monster. You can discard this card from your hand to negate the attack of a Monster, end the Battle Phase; you can only use this effect of "Mystical Witch Valkyrie" once per turn and only once that turn. Once per turn, you can banish this card from your GY (except the turn it was sent to the GY) negate the attack of a Monster on the field, end the Battle Phase.

A couple Notes:

I noticed that with Angela she felt too rewarding. While she can still send "Witch" cards from her deck to her GY to banish 1 face up card your opponent controls, now its only 'Once that turn' so if your opponent has 2 Angelas, its effect cant be used twice.

As for Blue Dragon, since I would assume you'd be running 3 not 1, you now can only use its effect "once that turn". This is because I felt having 3 2300+ attack beaters in one go just paying 500LP felt a little too good.

Now Valkyrie is kinda expected.Simple as simple does, it cant be used as Material except for Dark Synchro Monsters. Oh and uh, its effect from the hand, is only once that turn to prevent abuse. Thank you all for reading this update.

Quick suggestion: When you wanna make an archtype, if your give your boss monster a field control effect, try having a similar tactic for the support. Also, make the support cards able to play well individually but work really well in combos. Remember that although your goal is to bring out that boss monster, you need to be able to win a game without it as well.

Quick suggestion: When you wanna make an archtype, if your give your boss monster a field control effect, try having a similar tactic for the support. Also, make the support cards able to play well individually but work really well in combos. Remember that although your goal is to bring out that boss monster, you need to be able to win a game without it as well.

These things I take into consideration when making cards. I just have a habit of making them a little too strong sometimes. And Horu I don't know about you but I think my nerfed/errated cards are a bit better than before.

Here's a couple of more support cards for the "Witch" Archetype

Blue Witch Of The North: (ATK 1700/ DEF 100)   (Spellcaster / Effect)   (3 Star)   (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand and if you do, add 1 Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand; you can only use this effect of "Blue Witch Of The North" once per turn. As long as you control only "Witch" Monsters on the field, all DARK Spellcaster "Witch" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. If this card was send to the GY by your opponent, add 1 "Witch" Monster with 1500 or less DEF from your deck to your hand; you cannot Summon it this turn.

Light At The End Of The Valley: (Normal Spell Card)

This cards name becomes "Dark Core" while in the Hand or field. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
1) Select up to 2 of your "Witch" monsters that are Banished or from your GY, add them to your hand; you cannot activate their effects this turn.
2) Reveal all "Witch" Monsters in your hand (Min 1) and if you do, you can Banish 1 face-up Attack Position Monster your opponent controls.

This card is treated as a "Witch" Card

Red Witch Of The Pit: (ATK 1950 / DEF 1450)   (Spellcaster / Effect)  (4 Star) (DARK)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Witch" card from your hand to banish 1 face-up Attack Position Monster your opponent controls and if you do, draw 1 card; it cannot Attack or be used a Synchro Material the turn it uses this effect. You can banish this card from your GY to add 1 "Dark Core" from your deck or GY to your hand.

The Witch At The Carnival: (ATK 2600/ DEF 1200) (Spellcaster / Effect) (6 Star) (Dark)

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 face-up "Witch" card you control to the GY; you can only activate this effect of "The Witch At The Carnival" once per turn and only once that turn. If this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Witch" Monster from your hand. Once per turn, all Spellcaster Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, If "Dark Core" is in your GY, you can Pay 500 LP, add it to your hand.

[spoiler=kinda rough version of text fixes and addressing the overall balance]

Angela Queen of the Witches

DARK / Level 8 / Spellcaster / Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. If this card in your hand: You can Banishing 2 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster you control and/or in your GY: Special Summon this card. And if you do, all DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster on the field is unaffected by card effect until the End Phase of opponent's next turn. This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. During your Main Phase: Have you and your opponent Declare a Level then Excavate top cards of your Deck until you Excavated DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; If that Monster has different Level than your opponent declared, Banish 1 Monster your opponent control. And then if it has same Level as you declared, send that monster to GY. When this effect resolved, shuffle all of Excavated cards to your Deck. Once while this card face-up on the field: you can Banish 1 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent control. You can only use each effect of "Angela Queen of the Witches" once per turn

ATK 3000 / DEF 1500

Its practically work the same, but has some extra changes especially the monster removal effect. Im doing that guessing ala "Reasoning" to prevent GY Dumping to be abused much but other than that its still a potent non-target, non-destroy removal to be feared. Also the summon condition is modify slightly to Summon effect so it can fall to HOPT so you cannot just summon another Angela if you manage to send some resource to make it. Immunity effect is also changed to complete immunity even from your own so no extra boost for your already strong monster. But i compensate all the losses by making it have that Normal Treating effect so its unify them with the rest of archetypes while being searchable with Summoner's Art

Mythical Witch Valkyrie

DARK / Level 2 / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. While opponent control no Monsters; You can Special Summon this card from your hand also you cannot Summon Monster for the rest of this turn Except DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster. When opponent Monster Declare an Attack: you can either Discard this card from your hand OR Banish this card from your GY; Negate that Attack and End the Battle Phase. You can only use each effect of "Mythical Witch Valkyrie" once per turn.

ATK 200 / DEF 2000

Forgot to address that Valkyrie DEF 200 points too high. That being said kinda hard to balance out Valkyrie without another major changes given that strong summon effect so i simply put tougher restriction on it. Since discard and Banish is practcally the same, i combine and simplified both

Blue Dragon of the Witch

DARK / Level 5 / Spellcaster / Effect

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. While this card in your hand or GY: You can pay 500 LP; Special Summon this card also you cannot Summon Monster for the rest of this turn Except DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster. This card gain 100 ATK for each DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster in your GY. If another DARK Spellcaster "Witch" is targeted for attack; you can change the Attack Target to this card, instead. You can only use each effect of "Blue Dragon of the Witch" once per turn.

ATK 2300 / DEF 1500

Not much changes except for restriction, should be fine

Blue Witch of the North

DARK / Level 3 / Spellcaster / Effect

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. If this card is Summoned or flipped face-up: add 1 "Dark Core" or "Witch" Normal Spell card that list "Dark Core" and/or DARK Spellcaster "Witch Monster in its text from your Deck to your hand. Other DARK Spellcaster "Witch Monster gain 300 ATK. If this card is sent to GY either by battle or opponent card effect, Add 1 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck to your hand.

ATK 1700 / DEF 100

A free summon with generic search (any Normal Spell) is too overpowered. So another major changes being Stratos for your "Witch" and Dark Core spell only. It might surpised you but 500 ATK boost is actually a bit to high even for today standards so the safe design would be around 200-300. The search effect fortunately dont need that cannot summon restriction since most scenario is either its destroyed on opponent turn or a really bad play by kamikaze this card for Main Phase 2 plays which too risky

Red Witch of the Pit

DARK / Level 4 / Spellcaster / Effect

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. You can Discard 1 "Witch" card to activate one of the following effect. And if you do, this card cannot attack during this turn

@ Draw 1 card

@ Banish 1 face-up Monster your opponent control.

ATK 1950 / DEF 1450

Draw and Banish now seperate effect for balancing. I remove the Dark Core search since Blue Witch already does it also its kinda wonky design wise to have that very specific search while Dark Core it self is not that amazing or important given most of your cards can standby its own without it...but given the lore im not gonna removes this effects often only the ones that unnessesary.

More to come if i have the time

[spoiler=kinda rough version of text fixes and addressing the overall balance]

Angela Queen of the Witches

DARK / Level 8 / Spellcaster / Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. If this card in your hand: You can Banishing 2 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster you control and/or in your GY: Special Summon this card. And if you do, all DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster on the field is unaffected by card effect until the End Phase of opponent's next turn. This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. During your Main Phase: Have you and your opponent Declare a Level then Excavate top cards of your Deck until you Excavated DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; If that Monster has different Level than your opponent declared, Banish 1 Monster your opponent control. And then if it has same Level as you declared, send that monster to GY. When this effect resolved, shuffle all of Excavated cards to your Deck. Once while this card face-up on the field: you can Banish 1 DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster; Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent control. You can only use each effect of "Angela Queen of the Witches" once per turn

ATK 3000 / DEF 1500

Its practically work the same, but has some extra changes especially the monster removal effect. Im doing that guessing ala "Reasoning" to prevent GY Dumping to be abused much but other than that its still a potent non-target, non-destroy removal to be feared. Also the summon condition is modify slightly to Summon effect so it can fall to HOPT so you cannot just summon another Angela if you manage to send some resource to make it. Immunity effect is also changed to complete immunity even from your own so no extra boost for your already strong monster. But i compensate all the losses by making it have that Normal Treating effect so its unify them with the rest of archetypes while being searchable with Summoner's Art

Mythical Witch Valkyrie

DARK / Level 2 / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect

This card is also treated as Normal Monster while in your Possesion. While opponent control no Monsters; You can Special Summon this card from your hand also you cannot Summon Monster for the rest of this turn Except DARK Spellcaster "Witch" Monster. When opponent Monster Declare an Attack: you can either Discard this card from your hand OR Banish this card from your GY; Negate that Attack and End the Battle Phase. You can only use each effect of "Mythical Witch Valkyrie" once per turn.

ATK 200 / DEF 2000

Forgot to address that Valkyrie DEF 200 points too high. That being said kinda hard to balance out Valkyrie without another major changes given that strong summon effect so i simply put tougher restriction on it. Since discard and Banish is practcally the same, i combine and simplified both

More to come if i have the time

I like the the overall balancing you just made. Hell, I could make the argument it was better than mine lol. But seriously, if you have the time, you could give a review of the newer 'support' cards I made earlier. Much appreciated and thank you. Newer support cards coming soon.

One Shot At The Witch: Continuous Spell

Upon activation, If "Dark Core" is in your hand, you can destroy up to 2 Spell/Traps your opponent controls. Once per turn, during either players turn, as long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target face up "Witch" Monsters you control with Monster effects.

Archived