Photo

We have 2 YCMs and thats a problem

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,216 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:35 AM
  • Alias:Broken
None of the mods disabled the anti-spam filter, the damn thing wasn’t renewed which is why it was disabled.

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

YCMaker

YCMaker

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
    Last Visit Apr 15 2019 09:14 PM

None of the mods disabled the anti-spam filter, the damn thing wasn’t renewed which is why it was disabled.

I think you're confusing the Invision spam service (which is hardly effective) with the CleanTalk (https://cleantalk.org/) plugin. Only the latter has proven a solid defense against the spambots.

(GigaDrillBreaker)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Omniscient

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,370 posts
    Last Visit Mar 06 2019 09:00 AM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Based on my knowledge of the event, I'm a bit confused about it being said that someone with admin privileges disabled the anti-spam measures.

From what I understood, the mods were incapable of turning it back on, so it would stand to reason they wouldn't have been able to turn it off in the first place.

An argument could be made that it could be turned back on with the acp, and the mods simply chose to let it remain off, but... That doesn't really line up with how the team has operated.

I'm not trying to call YCMaker a liar, I'm just trying to get clarification on this specific event, because I don't have a full understanding of what happened.

EDIT: just saw last few posts. Now I'm wondering when said plugin was turned off
  • Yui likes this

Christmas Costume

Christmas Costume

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,749 posts
    Last Visit 31 minutes ago
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman and Ember (Not Really)

Should have used CleanTalk, since it would solve the problem of your dirty mouth. Smh, allowing curse words on this site and even utilizing them. Maybe it is best that you are going to be demoted by YCMaker.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png
41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,722 posts
    Last Visit May 03 2019 03:02 AM
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

Wish we could have a link to NCM at the top, but I get that YCMaker owns this site and to advertise a competing site with this site doesn't make sense. I don't begrudge his choice.

For everyone who is a part of the longstanding community though, I suggest moving to NCM where most people have already moved and the active members who care about the community itself are in full control. Plus a lot of the new features of NCM are really nice like being able to pin comments. (Though YCMaker did say he's looking into updating this site) I really don't know what kind of important threads you can't just copy and paste to the new forum.

If new members come here and fill this place up once more, good for them and good for YCMaker on his new revenue stream.

However, for everyone who is here for the current community, I think it's time to head to NCM.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts
    Last Visit 43 minutes ago
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
Why, he already gave Tormey and flame the same privs he had. If they have PHP access it's basically putting them in the same spot they'd be owning NCM

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Why, he already gave Tormey and flame the same privs he had. If they have PHP access it's basically putting them in the same spot they'd be owning NCM

Neither of them have any idea what you're talking about btw

8PBUpdp.gif

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts

Neither of them have any idea what you're talking about btw

Why can't they tell me about this themselves? Like what is with this game of telephone. You did this, this morning too. 

They should both have access to the entire ACP, which likely includes SQL tables (to download) and the PHP files (needed to fix cardmaker images) because YCMaker gave them the admin groups. Think falling Pizza.

bngoeJd.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Why can't they tell me about this themselves? Like what is with this game of telephone. You did this, this morning too. 

They should both have access to the entire ACP, which likely includes SQL tables (to download) and the PHP files (needed to fix cardmaker images) because YCMaker gave them the admin groups. Think falling Pizza.

You call it a game of telephone but where did your information that they have this come from? Did YCMaker tell you but not them? Kind of weird for him not to tell someone they're giving them extra power.

Flame merely mentioned his confusion in the mod discord about you saying this so I figured I'd let you know since, if YCMaker told you he did that, he's either lying or for some reason didn't inform them (at least Flame) of this

8PBUpdp.gif

Christmas Costume

Christmas Costume

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,749 posts
    Last Visit 31 minutes ago
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman and Ember (Not Really)

It says that their member group was changed to Administrator.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png
41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts

You call it a game of telephone but where did your information that they have this come from? Did YCMaker tell you but not them? Kind of weird for him not to tell someone they're giving them extra power.

Flame merely mentioned his confusion in the mod discord about you saying this so I figured I'd let you know since, if YCMaker told you he did that, he's either lying or for some reason didn't inform them (at least Flame) of this

Not sure when Flame mentioned that to you. But they had their groups changed by the bigman. And the last person to be put in that group, Falling Pizza, was able to access PHP files. I haven't had coms with YCMaker today. 

QkrJcui.jpg

In either case, someone should embed Yamachu's cardmaker

bngoeJd.gif

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,150 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:03 AM

I did not expect to be part of that banner. heh.
Has my participation in the discussion been big enough to warrant that? I aren't exactly staff of either side and am still checking activity on both ends, a little bit inspired by watching Nyx stay active at both forums' misc section without involving himself in all this xD

I guess I am in a position where I can just wait to see if something happens. 
Winter's words gave me the impression that maybe YCMaker had talked with Tormented and Flame Dragon today and done something, despite the earlier status implying staff would get replaced ASAP when the forum gets updated.
Then with Cow's words here, IDK. So YCMaker was just lurking and reading all afternoon after all and nobody really knows what and when stuff's gonna happen?

Since I lost track of things I'll go into standby.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts

I did not expect to be part of that banner. heh.
Has my participation in the discussion been big enough to warrant that? I aren't exactly staff of either side and am still checking activity on both ends, a little bit inspired by watching Nyx stay active at both forums' misc section without involving himself in all this xD

I guess I am in a position where I can just wait to see if something happens. 
Winter's words gave me the impression that maybe YCMaker had talked with Tormented and Flame Dragon today and done something, despite the earlier status implying staff would get replaced ASAP when the forum gets updated.
Then with Cow's words here, IDK. So YCMaker was just lurking and reading all afternoon after all and nobody really knows what and when stuff's gonna happen?

;)

Black Widow fought on the wrong side during that movie, and pretty much switched sides after

I'm hopeful this goes somewhere good. I just don't think starting from scratch is worth it. Esp if Tormy and Flame get full Admin privs

bngoeJd.gif

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,216 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:35 AM
  • Alias:Broken

Winter, Flame and Torm ALWAYS had Admin as their secondary groups.

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts

Winter, Flame and Torm ALWAYS had Admin as their secondary groups.

Hmm, striker mentioned that they had the admin tag added to them. So it was all just cosmetic?

bngoeJd.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 24,006 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:56 AM
I see what Winter is talking about. I now have "Administrators" listed in my profile and I'm pretty sure that was not there before. My confusion stems from the fact that YCMaker never communicated with me that this was happening.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,874 posts

I see what Winter is talking about. I now have "Administrators" listed in my profile and I'm pretty sure that was not there before. My confusion stems from the fact that YCMaker never communicated with me that this was happening.

I and one other person in this thread suggested he trust a reputable face on the Forum with the Administrator tag, its not an awful idea. 

The real question is, is that change superficial, or do you and Torm have access to the full ACP and potentially the off site backend.

Torm thinks the issue with SQL tables might be just that we're on an old version and it's glitchy, but idk. I made my assumption that you had full ACP based on the fact that the last non YCMaker person to get the Red name was Falling Pizza, and he did have full ACP. Might have been a rash assumption, and certain people have already given me the shit I somewhat deserve for it

bngoeJd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users