Assault Mode recently got some support, so I figured I would make a little Synchro Tuner for them, though you can also use this elsewhere for its last effect as well. So, when Synchro Summoned, you get to Special Summon any monster that mentions Assault Mode Activate from your hand, but additionally, if you control an Assault Mode monster, you get to Summon that monster from the Deck instead, making it both useful early game as well as later game. As a Synchro Tuner, the last effect becomes very useful, as it is able to Special Summon itself when used as Synchro Material for a Level 8 or higher monster, though it locks down the Extra Deck for Synchros only, but that shouldn't be a problem in a Assault Mode focused Deck anyway, or most Decks that like to Synchro Summon a lot in general.

dcxa7jy-b49ab98d-4b70-4b75-97b9-d1972dd5

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand that specifically lists the card "Assault Mode Activate" in its text. If you control an "Assault Mode" monster, you can Special Summon it from your Deck instead. If this Synchro Summoned card is sent to the GY as material for a Synchro Summon of a Level 8 or higher monster: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Synchro Monsters, You can only use each effect of "Assault Bird" once per turn.

I think this would be cool if you could add the phrase "ignoring its Summing conditions". Largely because 1) its not convenient to summon in a deck focused around level 8, so it'll take some deck investment to get it out and 2) Assault Teleport kind of sucks and I wish there was a way to not have to play it. Maybe you could reason that Assault Mode Zero takes care of this problem, but I say it's just as bad because its still a brick if you don't have an Assault Mode monster in your hand (which you don't want in the first place)

I think this would be cool if you could add the phrase "ignoring its Summing conditions". Largely because 1) its not convenient to summon in a deck focused around level 8, so it'll take some deck investment to get it out and 2) Assault Teleport kind of sucks and I wish there was a way to not have to play it. Maybe you could reason that Assault Mode Zero takes care of this problem, but I say it's just as bad because its still a brick if you don't have an Assault Mode monster in your hand (which you don't want in the first place)

Doing that would make the point of making the Synchro Tuner in the first place useless, as this is intended to Synchro Summon with, then using your normal methods of getting an Assault Mode out with those monsters, you are skipping quite a few steps here, and making it more powerful than I am comfortable. This is designed for the smaller guys to make your Synchro plays first.

I understand that concern. Where I was coming from was that every viable Assault Mode deck centers around Stardust Dragon, where you normally use 2 Level 4 monsters (obviously Psi-Reflector isn't level 4, but it effectively is when combined with Assault Beast). So you'd have to summon this without Psi-Reflector and then also have a Level 4 Assault Mode monster (Assault Beast or Sniper because Mercenary is meh :/ ) or Psi-Reflector in hand. That's probably a 3 card combo. Now granted that's probably not too bad, but I think it still warrants this having some kind of buff so that you don't just have Stardust Dragon and this on the field as a 1500 def wall.

If I could make another suggestion for one, I think another possibility is allowing it to Special Summon an Assault Monster out of your hand when its Special Summoned so you can use it again that turn. One issue that I've found recently while playing Stardust Assault Mode is only having 1 on board. Much of that deck is thinning and searching to guarantee Assault Mode first turn, every game, so just having 1 on board and not much else to back it up makes it easy to break for competitive decks (Kaiju and scoop basically)

I'm curious on what level 4 synchro engine you'd want to use if this card existed though :laugh:

Archived