Photo

Is Yu-Gi-Oh a Circus? [Written] (15/15)

- - - - - 0 ATK 0 DEF Return to hand Link Control Combo Circus

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Masquerade Jester

Masquerade Jester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
    Last Visit Feb 13 2019 04:21 PM

JOKES ON YOU!!!

Is Yu-Gi-Oh a Circus? The Jesters sure think so! The Jesters are here to create mayhem. Jumping around, Returning to the hand, and Being wild. The Jesters are full of tricks. They may start of small, but no Circus is just one person. All of the Jester's boost of each other and get stronger the more of them on the field. This is the best show in town coming to you soon!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the Jester's Circus. 

Monsters-9

Spells-3

Traps-3

carnival_madness_by_davislim_d4aogi4-pre

Masquerade Jester

Masquerade Jester

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
    Last Visit Feb 13 2019 04:21 PM

Bump

Tkk

Tkk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
    Last Visit Jun 18 2019 11:01 PM

I have always had the opinion that it is very difficult to fully analyze an entirely new archetype within the scope of the modern meta game. Simply because you have to think about the individual card, the deck, AND its place in the existing game all at the same time. So I'm just going to limit my comments to the main deck monsters for now and maybe we'll go from there.

Acrobat - I don't think that it should add ANY monster with 0/0 simply due to cards like Timelords and Harmonizing Magician (among others). Instead, I'd opt for maybe something like Spellcasters with 0/0. That even gives you access to Effect Veiler and the somewhat forgotten about Fog King (stopping all Tributes can be super lethal against certain strategies, especially now that Monarchs Stormforth is back at 3).

Magician - There needs to be a bigger restriction on the draw effect. It's a quick effect that you can use once per turn, which means you're effectively getting +1 every single turn. Drawing is one of the most powerful mechanics in the game, after all.

Fire Dancer - Also needs some restriction on activating ANY Trap Card from the hand. You could either make it just the Jester cards or give a meaningful cost. Either way, this is approaching Makyura levels (although you can't loop with it). My suggestion? Make it so that you have to return a Jester monster from your field to your hand. Then you can activate the Trap from your hand.

Ventriloquist - This card does too much for me (I almost feel the same way about Fire Dancer but I think it's fine). Take the negate effect, place that on a boss monster, and give this card a more defined identity as the Jester that copies other Jesters.

Hope that helps some

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users