[SAST] Valkyrie Sechste

4b4374fb.jpg?resize=300%2C272&ssl=1

SAST-EN088 Valkyrie Sechste
Level 1 LIGHT Fairy Effect Monstr
ATK 0
DEF 2000
If this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Valkyrie” monster from your Deck, except “Valkyrie Sechste”. During your Main Phase: You can send the top 2 cards of your opponent’s Deck to the GY. You can only use each effect of “Valkyrie Sechste once per turn”.

Sechste is German for “Sixth”. So it would appear there’s a Fourth and Fifth Valkyrie coming, if the name holds any relevance.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/sovalkyriesaredecksdestructionapparently/

Having it revealed in a Japanese magazine is rather weird though, probs one of the weirdest I have ever seen (alongside the BOSH reveals from the factory 3 years ago).

I do like this though, 141 target for what it's worth and it's good to have another low level Valkyrie because that was one thing the deck was lacking.

Have not made a Deck with them yet, but Special Summoning from the Deck sounds nice, especially since they got some high Level monsters, so that's always a nice pull. Not sure why it has the send 2, maybe it plays into their playstyle, but seems random to me.

I think that effect is sorta meant to work with the 3 Goddess Cards: rearrange the top 3 cards of your opponent’s Deck, make them Set the top card to their field, and regardless of whether you use the last Goddess’s effect to banish that Set card, you would (could, rather) then use Sechste’s effect to get rid of the other 2 cards from the top of your opponent’s Deck, if you just so happen to not want your opponent to draw into them. Granted, it’d be better if another effect banished those two cards instead, but beggars can’t be choosers.

solves the main problem the deck has, AKA lack of lower levels, summons anybody from deck, and mills opponents cards if the goddesses show you something you don't like. great stuff, I've already got most of the core as well, so i may as well pick up the rest while they're low.

Having it revealed in a Japanese magazine is rather weird though, probs one of the weirdest I have ever seen (alongside the BOSH reveals from the factory 3 years ago).

I do like this though, 141 target for what it's worth and it's good to have another low level Valkyrie because that was one thing the deck was lacking.

OCG will get it eventually. Not that shocking

Archived