Support for Ritual Beasts

Jio Inzagi

Hello everyone, I'm a ritual beast player and I feel that  Ritual Beast nowadaas is still strong, but that is, if you are able to get every game that small 17% chance of starting both Elder and Cannahawk/Rampengu. With that in mind, I was thinking, what does Ritual Beast needs to thrive once again and not be laughed of? Consistency and draw power. And with that in mind I set on a quest to make these 3 support cards for them.

And here we have the first one:

9t7ko6F.png

And this is Ritual Beast Tamer Scouter,, he's a level 3 psychic type monster and his his effect is:

"When this card is normal summoned, add 1 "Spiritual Beast" monster from your deck to your hand.

Once per turn, you can banish 1 card from your hand, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Ritual Beast Tamer Scouter" once per turn." 
Now I will explain why would he be relevant and needed.
Ritual Beast Tamers are kind of meh, with only Elder being a playstarter in the entire set, okay, you have a 33% chance of drawing Elder, but what if you don't draw a spiritual beast along with it? So with this in mind, I designed this card to fill that brick, suppose you draw only Tamers in your starting draw, with this card I can add of of the animals and to add with that, banish one of my dead draws to try and get another chance of getting a good card.

And here goes his partner:
FAX1onH.png
This is Spiritual Beast Chamorret, a level 4 Beast monster, his effect is:
"If you have 1 "Ritual Beast Tamer" monster on your field and that's the only monster you control, you can normal summon this card from your hand, even if you've already normal summoned this turn and gained an additional normal summon.  You can banish this face-up card, then draw 1 card. Each effect of "Spiritual Beast Chamorret" can only be used once per turn."
This card was actually designed in mind with Scouter searching it, but it actually fills another weak point of the deck, being able to even summon your cards first turn, now imagine you drew something like 2 Laras or Zeframpilicas, even if you couldn't active their effects to special summon, if you draw this card alongside them, this is basically your chance to at least put something like Ulti-Petelfin and wait till you buy something better. His banish himself effect is made thinking of this cenario: you already summoned elder, or have something like brain research lab, you will have 3 monsters on the field, but you only need 2, so you get yourself 1 card for banishing this card, and then start ulti-cannahwalk comboes with this card in the banished zone already.

And lastly, a support spell card.
41CnLRD.png
Ritual Beast Calling, it's effect:
"You can banish 1 "Ritual Beast Tamer" and  1 "Spiritual Beast" monster cards from your hand. Draw 3 cards. If this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card, then you gain an additional normal summon this turn.
You can only use each effect of "Ritual Beast Calling"  once per turn."
This card is made for when suppose you get the most trashy hand ever, something like Zeframpilica and Apelio, you can't do anything with such a hand, so this is where Calling comes in hand, you can banish those two dead cards currently and make them actually get usefull(supposing you draw good cards after this :P)
And suppose you draw another dead cards currently for what you need, you can banish it to at least get ulti-cannahawk on the field and start a limited combo. Tough there's one important part, this does not combo with elder, it's just another generic normal summon, but if you've already extra normal summoned, you gain nothing.

And that's it, what critiques you guys might have, tell me. Thanks ^^

(forgot about the ritual beast rules about only be special summoned once per turn, these was designed with that in mind as well, I just forgot to add to the card effect)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about Ritual Beasts, but I'll do what I can to help.

First things first, read up on Problem-Solving Card Text, because this is messy.

Scouter - I do like the restriction that you can only search Spiritual Beasts instead of just all Ritual Beasts. That's an example of a smart restriction on a card, in my mind.

Chamorett - Take a look at the wording on a card like Ultimate Offering. I think it has the phrasing you want to go for here (i.e. one that doesn't conflict with "You can Normal Summon/Set 1 [monster / TYPE monster] in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)"

Calling - Make this card either:

• strictly a Draw card, possibly with some restriction on what you can Summon that turn (i.e. ", also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except TYPE monsters."
  • some other utility effect and keep the 2nd effect to banish it for an additional Normal Summon/Set

Overall, I feel like you're too focused on drawing mechanics to help Ritual Beasts instead of maybe just more flexible effects to stall until you do get the card you need. Drawing is premium in YGO and I feel like you just handed this deck 3 copies of Pot of Greed. Remember that drawing cards effects everything in the game, not just your Archetype. You don't want Ritual Beasts to just become a draw engine, because that will have the exact opposite effect of what you want: people to play Ritual Beasts as their own Deck.

Hope this helps some

Archived