My archetype, Cold-blooded

AwkwardArbok

Hello, I'm AwkwardArbok. As of Feb 2, 2019, I'm pretty new here. So if you want to give me any new tips, I'm all ears. Besides that, I've created a archetype that I think is pretty cool. It's called Cold-blooded, and it's a reptile archetype. This archetype is based off of, well, reptiles! AKA, the best type of animal on the planet. I'm still working on it, so if your interested in it, I'll keep you updated. So far, I've created 3 level 1 normal reptile monsters, 3 level 2 effect reptile monsters, and I have an Idea of a level 3 fusion monster. Once I finish, I'll tell you all about the cards, but for now, I'll tell you about there main goal...... To get out egg tokens. Sounds weird, but like I said, I'll keep you updated. I gotta go now, so I'll catch ya'll later! Bye!

I will right now. 

Level 1: Cold-blooded C.S, Cold-blooded beardy, and Cold-Blooded soft shelled. All three of these monster are level 1 normal monsters with 100 attack and 0 defense. These will play a major role in getting out one of the fusion monsters which I"m working right now. 

Level 2: Cold-blooded long tail, Cold-blooded B.P, and Cold-blooded snake neck. Long tail has an effect that allows you to reduce his attack points to 0, to negate the attack. When its normal summoned, special summon another long tailed from your hand. If you did both of these, special summon one cold-blooded token to your side of the field. Cold-blooded B.P special summons another B.P to the field from your hand. Once you special summon the other B.P, special summon three cold-blooded tokens to your side of the field. Cold-blooded snake neck can special summon any level 4 cold-blooded monster from your deck once its been normal summoned. If there are two Snake necks on your side of the field, special summon one cold-blooded token to your side of the field. 

Level 3: Cold-blooded blue tongue, cold-blooded snapper, and cold-blooded copper. Cold-blooded blue tongue can special summon another blue tongue to the field from your hand in defense position. If both are in attack position, then they loose 500 attack. if ones in attack and the others in defense, special summon one cold-blooded token to your side of the field. Cold-blooded snapper can attack your opponent directly in defense position (like rampart blaster). if there field spell, cold-blooded habitat is on the field, you can special summon one cold-blooded snapper to your side of the field from your deck. Cold-blooded copper can destroy monsters in defense position before damage calculation (like Drillroid). If there field spell is on the field, special summon a cold-blooded copper from your hand or deck in attack position, and if you used this effect, special summon one cold-blooded token to your side of the field. I almost forgot about another level three that I've finished! Cold-blooded Gharial. When it destroys an opponents monster, each player discards the the top card of there deck. If one of those cards was a field spell, all monster on the field, including this card, are destroyed. 

Level 4: So far, I have made two Level four monsters, cold-blooded camo and cold-blooded gator. Cold-blooded gator can special summon another cold-blooded gator from your deck, if cold-blooded habitat is on the field. If you used that effect, special summon one cold-blooded token to your side of the field. Last but not least cold-blooded camo. Cold-blooded camo can only be special summoned while cold-blooded habitat is on the field. Once this cards been special summoned to the field, special summon one cold-blooded camo from your hand to the field in defense position. It can also attack your opponent directly. 

Those are all the cards I've made so far. If you have any suggestions, just tell me, and I'll make them. 

I think what Horu is trying to suggest is whether or not you can put up any actual cards. Technically, if you are going to post in Custom Cards, you need actual card ideas to share with the community. You cannot simply post ideas or promises for cards.

Also, welcome to YCM. Have a comfy stay.

I mean this is experimental so generally, the idea is intro new ideas to the game and see how they function. But yeah, don't open a thread with the promise of cards and not deliver. I gather that the Level 1 monsters are the same and they are vanilla cards. But maybe a cooler idea would to make your Level 1 monsters into tuners so they can be more useful. A standard Level 1 vanilla doesn't have much use in the game. I mean you could always Xyz or Link it away but opening the Synchro window for it would make quite a difference.

Yeah. We need a whole card for each suggestion you put put here. Not necessarily in picture form you can post it in written form with their complete stats and characteristic like Attributes Levels/Rank/Link Rating

Once that completed we will happy to put a full review on it. Also Welcome to YCM although dont get that comfy given a shambling state of the site you maybe want to have another membership on our NCM lol~ regardless enjoy your time here

Okay, lets try this again 

Cold-blooded C.S 

Level:1, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 100 DEF: 0. Flavor text: " A food source for most monsters" 

Cold-blooded  Beardy 

Level:1, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 100 DEF: 0. Flavor text: "A food source for most monsters" 

Cold-blooded Soft Shelled 

Level: 1, Attribute: Water, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 100 DEF: 0. Flavor text: "A food source for most monsters" 

Cold-blooded B.P 

Level: 2, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1100 DEF: 500. Effect: Once this is normal summoned to the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded B.P" to your side of the field from your deck. If there are two "Cold-blooded B.P" on the field, special summon three "Cold-blooded" tokens to your side of the field.  

Cold-blooded Long Tailed 

Level: 2, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 500 DEF: 500. Effect: Once this is normal summoned to the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded Long-Tailed" from your hand. When this card is targeted for an attack, reduce this cards ATK points to 0, and negate the attack. If you used this card's effect and have two "Cold-blooded Long-Tailed" on the field, special summon one 'Cold-blooded" token to your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded Snake neck 

Level: 2, Attribute: Water, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1000 DEF: 500. Effect: Once this is normal summoned to the field, special summon one level 4 "Cold-blooded" monster from your deck. If there are two "Cold-blooded Snake neck" on the field, special summon one 'Cold-blooded" token on your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded Blue tongue 

Level: 3, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1600 DEF: 1700. Effect: Once this is normal summoned to the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded blue tongue" in defense position from your hand. If there are two "Cold-blooded blue tongue" in attack position, they lose 500 ATK. If one is in attack position, and the other in defense position, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token on your side the field. 

Cold-blooded Copper 

Level: 3, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1500 DEF: 800. Effect: When this card attacks your opponents defense position monster, destroy that monster before damage calculation. If "Cold-blooded Habitat", is on the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded Copper" from you hand or deck in attack position. If you activated this effect, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token to your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded Snapper 

Level: 3, Attribute: Water, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1600 DEF: 2000. Effect: This card can attack your opponent directly in defense position. If "Cold-blooded Habitat" is on the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded Snapper" from your deck in defense position. If you used this effect, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token on your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded Gharial 

Level: 3, Attribute: Water, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200. Effect: When this monster destroys an opponents monster, after the battle phase, each player discards the top card of there deck. If the card they discarded was a field spell, destroy all monsters on the field.  

Cold-Blooded Gator 

Level: 4, Attribute: Water, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1800 DEF: 1500. Effect: If "Cold-blooded Habitat" is on the field, special summon one "Cold-blooded gator" to your side of the field from your deck. If you used this effect, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token to your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded Camo 

Level 4, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1600 DEF: 1900. Effect: Can not be normal summoned/set. Can only be special summoned to your side of the field by having "Cold-blooded habitat" on the field.  Once this is special summoned to the fielded, special summon one "Cold-blooded camo" to the field in defense position from your deck. This card can attack your opponent directly. 

Cold-blooded Ackie 

Level: 4, Attribute: Earth, Monster type: Reptile, ATK: 1500 DEF: 800. Effect: Your opponents attack position monsters must attack this card. When this monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, search your deck for "Cold-blooded habitat", and add it to your hand.   

Hopefully this is helpful. All these cards are cards that I have completed. When I finish some more cards, I well post them.

Update: New card.

This cards been keeping me up at night. As you might know, Some of the cards have an effect that synergize with the field spell, "Cold-blooded Habitat". Well, I've finally made it. 

Cold-blooded Habitat 

Field spell 

Effect: All "Cold-blooded" monster gain 500 attack and defense. If you fusion summon while using "Cold-blooded" monsters, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token and one level 5 or 6 "Cold-blooded" monster from your hand. 

More updates coming soon.

C.S, Beardy, Soft-Shelled: its Vanilla therefor its Rescue Rabbit targets. That single utility is nice but sadly that it.

B.P: holy sheet! Instant 5 Mat! Ok this is actually too strong since its basically a way easier Tomahawk which just banned yesterday. Maybe make the token making effect less easier and make it so it cant be use to summon monster other than fellow cold-blood

Long Tail: a bit tricky to use but its a nice and relatively balance token making effect also the battle protection is okay

Snake Neck: its similiar to B.P albeit less number of mat. Still too strong . Also im going to address this both to this and B.P, Lack of Hard Once per turn clause to balance the effects

Blue tongue: i cant really grasp the purpose of this card self ATK reduction is there a reason for it? The token effect is okay for now

Copper: defense destroyers like this kinda not popular anymore given Link Monster. Its not bad but its not gonna live as often . Again, this archetype lack of HOPT so this card summon effect is practically another 5 mat maker. Not ok

Snapper: you need to clarify which stat is use for damage of the direct attack effect its ATK or Its DEF (see superheavy samurai for references). Well another easy 5 mat

Gharial: that mass nuke is underwhelming to be honest. Raigeki is way better

Gator: 5 mat lol

Camo: i think you mixed up between nomi and semi -nomi monster, Camo wording is Nomi but the effect that special summon another Camo is imply that its a semi-nomi.

Ackie: search the field spell in the most risky way possible. Terraforming is miles better while this can be destroyed first before entering the battle phase. At least 2 copies of these is an attack lock

Habitat: ok there a fusion for this, 500 boost is too huge nowdays so make it 300 is enough. That summon effect is quite crazy too since its give you free ++ for fusion summon which really easy in this deck on top of the link.spam potential. So it needs to be toned down

Update: New cards 

Cold-blooded rattler 

Level: 4, Attribute: Earth, Type: Reptile, ATK: 1800 DEF: 1000. Effect: This card can not be targeted for an attack by a monster with higher ATK points than this monster. If a monster with lower attack than this monster is normal/set or is special summoned to the field, destroy that monster after that monster was summoned. If you used that effect special summon one "Cold-Blooded" token. 

Cold-blooded cobra 

Level: 5, Attribute: Earth, Type, Reptile, ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500. Effect: Cannot be normal/set. Must first be special summoned by having "Cold-blooded habitat" and one "Cold-blooded" monster on your side of the field. Once per turn, you can tribute one "Cold-blooded" monster on your side of the field, to destroy one card on the field. If you used that effect, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token to your side of the field.  

More updates coming soon. See you later!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: New cards 

Cold-blooded saltwater 

Level:6, Attribute: Water, Type: Reptile, ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500. Effect: Cannot be normal summoned/set. Can only be special summoned to the field by having "Cold-blooded habitat" and having two or more "Cold-blooded" monsters on your side of the field. Once per turn, you can tribute two "Cold-blooded" monsters to target one card on the field, destroy that card. If you activated that effect, special summon one "Cold-blooded" token to your side of the field. 

Cold-blooded incubator 

Continues trap. Effect: Each time a "Cold-blooded" token is targeted for an attack, discard one card from your hand and negate the attack. 

More updates coming soon. See you later!

Hi. I'm new here so i dont know what to do here. but i'm to make my own archetype. It's called Dark Realm. It comprises of Zombie and Fiend type monsters that utilize GY support. Can someone teach me how to post cards in the forum?

you can either post in written form. Or if you already have pictures, upload it to your Imgur and then copy paste the BBCode Link (usually the 2nd from the bottom) but you have to include its effects in written form since often times the card text is hard to be seen (either too many effects or wrong card size)

Check this and tell me what you think

https://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Dark+Realm+Vile+Demise+Leviathan&cardtype=Monster&subtype=effect&attribute=Dark&level=10&rarity=Super+Rare&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHcZkrqa.jpg&circulation=1st+Edition&set1=THX12&set2=ZSAJ2&inset=on&type=Fiend&carddescription=This+monster+cannot+be+normal+summoned+or+set.+This+card+cannot+be+special+summoned%2C+except+by+banishing+cards+from+your+hand%2C+or+GY%2C+whose+total+levels+equal+this+monster%27s+level.+Activate+the+following+effects+according+to+the+number+of+monsters+banished+for+this+effect%3A%0D%0A1%3A+Negate+card+effects+that+target+this+monster.%0D%0A2-4%3A+Pay+500LP+to+negate+non-targeting+card+effects.%0D%0A5%3A+Pay+1%2F2+of+your+LP%3B+return+5+banished+cards+to+your+GY.%0D%0A6-9%3A+Once+per+turn+%27Dark+Realm%22+cards+cannot+be+destroyed.%0D%0A10%3A+Increase+this+monster%27s+ATK+by+500+x+the+number+of+zombie+and%2For+fiend+type+monsters+in+your+GY.&atk=3000&def=2700&creator=Problamatico&year=2019&serial=49555000

what i did was left click on the card, clicked "open image in new tab", copied the link and posted it in the forum.

can we continued this on personal message? posting this on someone else topic is kinda rude. to be fair though im also in the wrong too by responding it. im planning to commenting the main topic new update and yet forgetting due to this

@@AwkwardArbok

Rattler: its basically King Tiger Wanghu with extra protection, generate token, and has better stat. im kinda worried about this while it indiscriminate either field. it really screw over most field building strategy going first.

Cobra : a rather slow yet "free" removal. but the strength here lies on the fact this is doesn't target. also again the toke is practically can be use for anything

Saltwater: basically same as Cobra but...way weaker? trade 2 for a pop and a single token. i rather have you re-balance cobra rather than this

Incubator: this is protect your token in probably the most expensive way possible and only by battle. which is ironic given you don't need to protect your token if you can consume all those token for effects or Summon (especially the latter given how powerful the token generation effect on those other cards)

Archived